Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so bad for the girls and their lack of formal schooling. Like others have said, it will undoubtedly affect them in the future. It's probably too late for Mia, but I wish they could send Sienna to boarding school. It's not ideal as she's so young but it would give her a stable home, new friends from different walks of life and better her education. Even if it was a more 'free-spirited' school like Summerhill, it has to be better than her situation at the moment. She would probably thrive in a stricter school but I doubt her parents would ever consent to that. They have the money to do so.
I agree - Sienna would thrive at a regular school once she caught up/got settled. She went to 'alternative' schools in Brighton and in Dubai and seemed to really like the interaction with other kids.
Can't see them ever allowing any of their kids to go to a boarding school though. It was mentioned in the previous thread that they wouldn't let the girls go and stay with Georgie's sister and from videos we know that Sienna has only ever stayed one night at their grandparents place in her whole life. We've never seen the girls going to any sleepovers or even to a friends house to play - their friends always come to them. It seems like more of a control thing.

Reactions: 14
What’s annoying about it? I found it quite nice, though I did laugh at the “school doesn’t teach you these things!” part - she wouldn’t know 😂
The fact she says it's only society that stops you breastfeeding and that the formula people lie to you.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It made me laugh when they were ending their last video saying how they all think they’d be able to work out what country their in based on the facts they’d told us, there’s no way Sienna would’ve known, all she does is basic maths and English and read science books, she’s never had a proper geography lesson. I always wonder why their girls aren’t more interested in Geography seeing how much they travel, unless them flying around the world is what counts as Geography for them. Why don’t they want to learn about how the tectonic plates moved around to create the world continents as they’re today, or about the geographical features they see around them, like cliff formations on beaches? I did do Geography a level and (although I wasn’t very good and did not deserve the B I got) whenever we went to the seaside or watched a documentary I’d always be trying to explain things we were seeing to my family because it’s interesting. At GCSE and a level you do human and physical Geography, learning about different cultures and the science behind the world as we see it, I feel like I learnt more about the world going to school and staying in England most of the time than they have moving country every month. If Mia wants to be a writer, artist, Spanish teacher, or whatever she decides she’s into next month, she can do all that from living in a house in England and Sienna can go to school then and actually learn what she needs to to become a scientist. I have a friend who’s just started a degree in geography because she genuinely enjoys learning about the world and loves traveling to learn more, not just to stay in a nice hotel or holiday home and stay on the beach or indoors all day. I bet when their out seeing all these different geographical features they just google it and move on, not actually retaining anything, that’s when they actually go out of course.

Reactions: 9
I agree - Sienna would thrive at a regular school once she caught up/got settled. She went to 'alternative' schools in Brighton and in Dubai and seemed to really like the interaction with other kids.
Can't see them ever allowing any of their kids to go to a boarding school though. It was mentioned in the previous thread that they wouldn't let the girls go and stay with Georgie's sister and from videos we know that Sienna has only ever stayed one night at their grandparents place in her whole life. We've never seen the girls going to any sleepovers or even to a friends house to play - their friends always come to them. It seems like more of a control thing.
I didn't know that... god for people who escaped from JW, they're not really differentiating themselves from a cult

Reactions: 8
So what country are they in? Because they said they have lemurs in their garden. A google search tells me lemurs only live on Madagascar. So Im wondering... do they know what lemurs look like or is google wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So what country are they in? Because they said they have lemurs in their garden. A google search tells me lemurs only live on Madagascar. So Im wondering... do they know what lemurs look like or is google wrong?
6 hrs behind - Mexico?

Reactions: 1
In that case they haven't flown "halfway across the world". They 've flown about 7 hrs maybe 9 tops
They were in Portugal before and a flight from there to Mexico takes around 16 hours. Can’t imagine what that was like with a teenager, child, toddler and baby. Were as to South America it would be closer to nine hours so I’m guessing they are in Mexico.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone else get annoyed with Georgies lastest insta post on breastfeeding?
I'm really pro fed babies. Way too many babies are going hungry around the world and if you need to use formula to make sure your child is getting all of the nutrients, I hate to hear any judgment on that. Sure, a lot research shows that breast is "best" nutritionally/immunity-wise but even more research shows that a starving child is at high high risk of more issues. So if you're not producing enough breast milk to keep your child well fed (or you just choose not to breastfeed!), the healthiest other option for growth is to supplement or use formula. And honestly screw anyone who makes others feel they're not doing enough for their babies. (Almost) everyone is trying their damn hardest and nobody should be made to feel guilty about their choices for feeding their own child.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don’t know how I feel about what sienna is wearing recently. It doesn’t seem to go at all to what she used to wear and doesn’t seem like she’d chose it. The neutral plain clothing doesn’t help too much with the cult vibes either
Yes! They are alle matching in every recent picture/video.. I'm sorry but it kinda gives me weird vibes

I'm really pro fed babies. Way too many babies are going hungry around the world and if you need to use formula to make sure your child is getting all of the nutrients, I hate to hear any judgment on that. Sure, a lot research shows that breast is "best" nutritionally/immunity-wise but even more research shows that a starving child is at high high risk of more issues. So if you're not producing enough breast milk to keep your child well fed (or you just choose not to breastfeed!), the healthiest other option for growth is to supplement or use formula. And honestly screw anyone who makes others feel they're not doing enough for their babies. (Almost) everyone is trying their damn hardest and nobody should be made to feel guilty about their choices for feeding their own child.
i 100% agree with you there fed is best. Every mother has the right to choose to feed their child in whatever way works best for their family. As long as the needs of the child are being met it is so disgusting for anyone to pass judgment on how that happens. Not to mention it is beyond hypocritical to judge other mother’s and insinuating they’re neglectful for formula feeding when her own children’s social, educational, privacy needs along with any sense of stability are completely being ignored. Imagine how embarrassing its going to be for Koa when he’s a teenager to see videos of himself pulling gerogies top down trying to feed all over the internet. That should be an intimate family moment and has no place on the internet. Its one thing breastfeeding in a public place when your child is hungry and you have nowhere else to go and another thing entirely to choose to film that moment and plaster it all over social media for anyone in the world to see

Reactions: 12
Im also for fed is best, formula these days is fine and nobody should feel guilty for choosing formula, doesn´t matter if it´s by choice or because breastfeeding doesn´t work out. I hear women that are so pressured into going to professionals because it´s not working out and they are shamed that they dont do everything to make breastfeeding work. Rather a baby that is happy on formula and a relaxed baby.

But I do agree sometimes society shames mothers and it doesnt matter if they breastfeed or use formula.

• Heart
Honestly don’t know what to think of this family. I’ve not watched them for too long, but since Karma was a small baby. I do quite like them but cannot understand why they move about so much! I laughed out loud at the thread name, love it😂

Yeah I understand experiencing the world and other cultures but I feel bad for the kids. Do they have friends? They don’t seem to mingle with other kids their own age. Surely that’s not that good for them or might not be in the long run. Are they always so happy happy or is this just a show for the camera? I cannot imagine being surrounded with the same people all the time and loving it! What about grandparents? Do they have them or see them? Maybe it’s just me, I am such a home girl and love spending time with family but can imagine it would get a bit annoying being around them all the time, it’s not healthy.

The kids do seem happy which I suppose is the main thing but I feel like they’re missing out on having friends and being normal kids, forming who they are away from their family.
Darrens in his 30s...how long do they think his grandparents are going to live for? Who knows if they have even met Koa? It’s so sad.

Reactions: 6
Yes, exactly! They could stay indoors anywhere and go shopping online. These opportunities are wasted on them. A shame because they used to be likeable

@MsMadamSecretary I believe Georgie’s family are Jehovah’s Witnesses
not all JW are cult like. I work with the loveliest woman who is a JW . To make her feel welcome at Christmas we had a teddy tree instead of a xmas tree and we celebrate her wedding anniversary instead of birthday

Im also for fed is best, formula these days is fine and nobody should feel guilty for choosing formula, doesn´t matter if it´s by choice or because breastfeeding doesn´t work out. I hear women that are so pressured into going to professionals because it´s not working out and they are shamed that they dont do everything to make breastfeeding work. Rather a baby that is happy on formula and a relaxed baby.

But I do agree sometimes society shames mothers and it doesnt matter if they breastfeed or use formula.
Drs and nurses had ago at my brother and sister in law for not trying hard enough to breast feed. turned out the baby was tongue tied in two parts

• Heart
Reactions: 3
not all JW are cult like. I work with the loveliest woman who is a JW . To make her feel welcome at Christmas we had a teddy tree instead of a xmas tree and we celebrate her wedding anniversary instead of birthday
I don’t know much about JWs and don’t have an opinion of them - FF described them as cult-like

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.