Family Fizz #3 We once did drugs, now we stay virus free with hugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Mia gets all the profit from ad revenue and her books or does some of it go to her family. Also I find it weird because the children are basically employed and they don’t really have any choice but there parents make money off of them.
I hope every penny from her videos go to her she's going to need it when the utube trend fades or her appeal. Such a native sheltered life hope her parents have saved it instead of spending it on airbnbs

Reactions: 16
It's strange because I think Darren and Georgie think that going to school closes all the doors that being at home opens… But I'd say most people see it as doing different things open different doors. Going to school allows you to make friends and network and learn a side of life that's pretty important (peer relationships). Spending all day with your parents and baby siblings... those aren't your peers. It's a little different at Sienna's age I think, but when she hits 11-13, peer relationships will also become super important!

Peer relationships, boys, managing friendship groups are such a valuable asset for later life, all navigated through schooling between the ages of 12-16.

But even when they are small, having them play and share in group activities (pre Covid ofc) can teach children soo much. It would be different if they had this sort of age specific intervention. Karma and Koa atleast will grow up being close in age and they will be able to have that important peer feedback from each other. But Mia, when talks to a world of people, they don’t talk back. She’s got a vibrant personality, but I personally don’t think that would translate well into being a “good” friend. Being over the top or vibrant can come across as being inauthentic.

Reactions: 8
Darren and Georgie are absolutely insane if they have led Mia to think she can teach English to Spanish speakers without any qualifications as like an easy fall back option. I know she is a native speaker but thousands of native speaker university graduates teach English abroad after finishing Modern Foreign Language degrees. I’d much rather hire one of them. Also, in comparison to them she is fluent in Spanish? They will be fluent in at least two foreign languages and have completed modules entirely in the language at university.

Honestly as some brought up bilingual who then studied two new languages as an undergraduate I really doubt Mia is actually fluent. The last time I saw her doing Spanish work (may have missed videos since) it looked beyond GCSE but still working towards A Level. To Darren and Georgie she probably seems fluent, having presumably acquired a good accent in Gran Canaria. Learning and speaking languages is oddly impressive to people, like Darren and Georgia, who are monolingual. I think it’s great that Mia is doing so well in Spanish (above school age expectations) but if they care about her education and want her to actually be fluent they need to think what’s next? Why not take her to a Spanish speaking country and have her do the IB? She could pick up another language (I’d recommend non-Romance) and do Art too. Lord knows maybe even English and Maths! Poor Mia, she could do so well.
Exactly! I'm currently doing a MFL Degree which means I will have spoken the language for 4 years including living in the country. That is not including the years of GCSE and A-level or even just that standard basics you get in year 7-9
Also it's not just words on a paper. There are methods to teaching and translating. I don't know where Mia gets off thinking she can just offer up her services as a teacher or even a tutor when she has no formal education as a bases to teach. She's never been taught! I could tutor now in my third year but that's because I have a standard of education and a good grasp of the language.

I watched the video she did where she speaks Spanish all day and her level honestly isn't that bad. It's marginally better than the UK GCSE standard. She needs more than that though.

Reactions: 9
I watched that video the other day :( I feel sorry for Sienna, I couldn't stop looking at her body language throughout the whole video and you can just kind of tell she looks sad and uncomfortable, especially with some of the comments made by Georgie.
I sometimes wonder if Mia (and I guess the others too!) will ever start resenting Darren and Georgie when she grows up and realises everything's not so straight forward and they've been robbed of opportunities. Or maybe she won't...maybe she will follow their footsteps in their parenting style.
It just seems such an isolating way of life :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I watched that video the other day :( I feel sorry for Sienna, I couldn't stop looking at her body language throughout the whole video and you can just kind of tell she looks sad and uncomfortable, especially with some of the comments made by Georgie.
I sometimes wonder if Mia (and I guess the others too!) will ever start resenting Darren and Georgie when she grows up and realises everything's not so straight forward and they've been robbed of opportunities. Or maybe she won't...maybe she will follow their footsteps in their parenting style.
It just seems such an isolating way of life :(
It's ironic (and incredibly sad) that Georgie grew up isolated and now she's literally doing the exact same thing to her kids.

Reactions: 15
I do get their mindset with the whole education thing, it does seem crazy that a single exam can revolve around the rest of your life and your opportunities, but defying against it by not allowing your kids go to school or take exams isn't going to make things better. Whether you think it's unfair or not, you NEED qualifications, and an employer isn't going to be leanient and go off your life experiences, even though sometimes they're more valuable than a test.
I wish I could talk some sense into them, I'm not a hater, just concerned about the kid's future :(

Reactions: 10
It's ironic (and incredibly sad) that Georgie grew up isolated and now she's literally doing the exact same thing to her kids.
Super ironic! She was isolated while being surrounded by people. Her kids don't have any true, real friends. Who does Mia text on her phone? Does she have anyone? Why even have a phone.

Reactions: 8
She might have a few friends but I think she prefers to keep their identities private, maybe the same thing with the Norris nuts?

Reactions: 3
I seriously doubt either Mia or the Norris nuts have any friends, both families are completely isolated from social settings outside of their family.
Not to mention both their parents obviously enjoy controlling every aspect of their kids' lives.
If Mia were to have a few close friends she surely would've mentioned them in the past few years.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt either Mia or the Norris nuts have any friends, both families are completely isolated from social settings outside of their family.
Not to mention both their parents obviously enjoy controlling every aspect of their kids' lives.
If Mia were to have a few close friends she surely would've mentioned them in the past few years.
There was a girl called Astrid (?) who she was good friends with when they lived in Brighton but she hasn't been mentioned since, to my knowledge at least

Reactions: 1
There was a girl called Astrid (?) who she was good friends with when they lived in Brighton but she hasn't been mentioned since, to my knowledge at least
I vaguely remember Mia going shopping with a couple of friends years ago in Brighton. I hope they’re still friends but even if they are, online friendship isn’t the same especially at that age. They could text all the time but Mia’s missing out on parties, sleepovers, days out etc. She must feel so left out when she looks at her peers social media and sees them taking selfies together while out having fun, doing TikTok dances together, photos with their boyfriends

Not sure if a new thread title has been chosen yet but a while back including Family Fizzle Out was suggested

Reactions: 9
Was just going through their channels and sienna' probably gets around 10 uploads a year. I know her parents probably do most of the editing and planning of videos but the main channel uploads are getting very sparse so why can't they use the extra tine to help Sienna's channel grow. She's realistically not going to have any skills or qualifications to get a job in the future so she's gonna need some sort of job. I know YouTube won't last her but it's something.At this rate shshe's going to be even worse off than Mia. Also, how come Mia gets a tutor to teach her Spanish ao she xan develop her interest, whilst Sienna is still doing silly experiments to 'enhance' her interest in science. Most primary aged children do basic science in school learning basics in biology, chemistry and physics to help them when they go to secondary school. I doubt even her maths is as good as a child her ages should be seeing as Mia seems to have stopped having maths as a part of her schooling because she knows all she needs to. I'd like to see her attempt a maths GCSE paper or even a biology one with all her Google knowledge. Sienna is going to be left out. Her parents will always think of Mia first as she's the oldest who's seemingly got her life sorted out at 15 and then have their toddler and baby to deal with. By the time the little ones are old enough to not need all of her parents attention Sienna is going to be too old to benefit from any last attempts of help. I know she's been to schools they've managed to find whilst travelling but I don't think she's ever spent more than a few weeks attending, and seeing as it usually takes that long to settle in I doubt she's ever been able to properly spend time with children her age.
Sorry for the essay but thought it was a valid point.
Also agree that family fizzle out is a good title suggestion or thread number 4 for clickbait baby number 4.

Reactions: 12
I don't understand why they haven't enrolled the girls in online school? Of course, nothing will beat face-to-face teaching from a qualified teacher or tutor, but it is something. The girls could seriously benefit from it! In this day and age, you need good GCSE qualifications just to get by. Neither Mia nor Sienna are an exception to that.

Reactions: 5
I vaguely remember Mia going shopping with a couple of friends years ago in Brighton. I hope they’re still friends but even if they are, online friendship isn’t the same especially at that age. They could text all the time but Mia’s missing out on parties, sleepovers, days out etc. She must feel so left out when she looks at her peers social media and sees them taking selfies together while out having fun, doing TikTok dances together, photos with their boyfriends

Not sure if a new thread title has been chosen yet but a while back including Family Fizzle Out was suggested
it was me- it was FamilyFizz have fizzled out - I think

Reactions: 4
Hi, first post here, although i've been following for a while. I Just can't believe the last picture Mia posted on insta..she's in a bikini but in my opinion it's quite revealing. I know teenagers post this stuff but with Mia it just feels weird to me because her Parents are so involved with her social media, it's like they encourage her to do this.
English is not my first language so it's difficult to put my point accros 😀 this whole thing just really bothers me for some reason

Hi, first post here, although i've been following for a while. I Just can't believe the last picture Mia posted on insta..she's in a bikini but in my opinion it's quite revealing. I know teenagers post this stuff but with Mia it just feels weird to me because her Parents are so involved with her social media, it's like they encourage her to do this.
English is not my first language so it's difficult to put my point accros 😀 this whole thing just really bothers me for some reason
I agree! She’s exposing a lot which her parents don’t mind and may even encourage her to do. The same parents who said they’d feel like they failed If Mia loses her virginity before 18...

DC468E34-5803-48A2-90DD-356FCB882DF7.png
You are telling me that’s a small dog? Please looks like the gruffalo or a grizzly bear. She’s okay at drawing but has she seen GCSE ART students work? Makes Hers look worse than sienna

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t want to watch. What does this even mean? Also it’s not like they can allow them to do the things that 21 year olds actually do: drink, smoke, go clubbing, drive, have sex, go on holiday alone. So I’m guessing the video is something like a game of dress up and going shopping?

Reactions: 7
Is it bad that part of me wanted to see them get completely smashed and not just eat salad

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.