Faces by Graces #49 Stompin around the Christmas tree! The kids only get out if we go for free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought “save the dates” were only for destination weddings? Are they not getting married in

That dog should not be sleeping in her bedroom. She is still a growing pup and that space will become cramped.

The only reason she is in the room is because the two lazy lumps couldn't be arsed to train her properly to be happy and comfortable downstairs.
Labs are highly intelligent and very trainable, they are used all over the world for guide dogs, sniffer dogs etc.

Lazy mares the pair of them

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That dog should not be sleeping in her bedroom. She is still a growing pup and that space will become cramped.

The only reason she is in the room is because the two lazy lumps couldn't be arsed to train her properly to be happy and comfortable downstairs.
Labs are highly intelligent and very trainable, they are used all over the world for guide dogs, sniffer dogs etc.

Lazy mares the pair of them
Exactly this! She’s all over the bed, furniture, couches - no boundaries or training at all. This from the pair sticking her into a tiny crate and leaving her alone to begin with. So now she’s “much more settled or “seh’led” in the bedroom beside me cos she’s my shadow”. No Grace she’s unsettled because you haven’t trained her into a routine - exercise, play, training, meals, toileting at same times each day so dog learns not to fear being left for short periods or sleeping downstairs. So are you prepared now to have her in your bedroom for the next 10-15 years Grace because that’s what you’re teaching her and training her into now. No? So in a year’s time when you want your bedroom and space back and she’s crying or wetting at night time downstairs and you’re giving her up cos she’s unsettled and problematic you can tell them in the rescue it’s your own damn fault cos you were too lazy to take time with her now. Dogs are hard work and a commitment. It’s easy to just buy one and think you’re a great owner - if she’s your shadow and not content to be by herself it’s not a good thing. She’s likely anxious or frustrated. Dogs are smart - they’re loyal and so rewarding if you put the time and effort with them, especially from pup years, but it takes a LOT! There are PLENTY of resources and training classes, puppy schools and obedience available for inexperienced owners. The DSPCA run a great one. But then again this is the same woman who can’t be arsed taking time to teach and spend with her own kids. So what did we expect really? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
My partner and I have a non shedding dog and he sleeps in our room. He can sleep wherever he wants but he likes to be with us.

Dogs don't live long lives compared to humans and he has no one else apart from us so if sleeping in our room makes him happy I don't really care what other people think and selfishly I flipping love having him with us.

FWIW - he has been trained and doesn't have a crate. He also doesn't destroy our furniture or go to the toilet indoors.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
My partner and I have a non shedding dog and he sleeps in our room. He can sleep wherever he wants but he likes to be with us.

Dogs don't live long lives compared to humans and he has no one else apart from us so if sleeping in our room makes him happy I don't really care what other people think and selfishly I flipping love having him with us.

FWIW - he has been trained and doesn't have a crate. He also doesn't destroy our furniture or go to the toilet indoors.
The point I was making, if you read my comment again, is that Cara is a growing pup and that space will become tight and cramped once she is fully grown. The second point I was making was that this is just another thing on the looooooong list of things that these two half arse.

I don't care who sleeps with their dog in their room. I don't care who sleeps with their dog in their bed. I once slept on the sitting room floor with my dog for 5 days after he had surgery.
I wasn't judging anyone bar Grace and Kips.
Not everything is personal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The point I was making, if you read my comment again, is that Cara is a growing pup and that space will become tight and cramped once she is fully grown. The second point I was making was that this is just another thing on the looooooong list of things that these two half arse.

I don't care who sleeps with their dog in their room. I don't care who sleeps with their dog in their bed. I once slept on the sitting room floor with my dog for 5 days after he had surgery.
I wasn't judging anyone bar Grace and Kips.
Not everything is personal.
I'm just offering a difference of opinion. They're allowed and make conversations more interesting.

Don't be getting upset because not everyone thinks the same as you.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Totally, but I think that’s the difference there , your dog is happy to sleep anywhere, has done his training and presumably is an adult dog and if for whatever reason you didn’t want him to sleep in your room some night - it wouldn’t be an issue.

Whereas Kara is still a pup. If she starts this habit now of only having her settle or happy sleeping in their (cramped/small) bedroom , it’s going to be more difficult to undo it and train her to sleep comfortably downstairs in the future.
My dogs both like a cuddle on the couch with us too but they’re trained enough to jump off when they’re told and not to jump up unless invited. They seem like small or trivial points but are important down the line when you’re trying to teach them not to jump up on people or bark at the postman etc.
Habits are much easier to form in pups and bad habits easier to prevent than reverse.
Labs are super to train and keen to learn - if she just put a bit of work in with recall / manners / sleep and separation / diet and exercise she’ll be a dream for her adulthood. It also gives Kara some much needed mental stimulation and interest to her day which will make her much easier to settle at night (along with exercise ofc)

Reactions: 8
Totally, but I think that’s the difference there , your dog is happy to sleep anywhere, has done his training and presumably is an adult dog and if for whatever reason you didn’t want him to sleep in your room some night - it wouldn’t be an issue.

Whereas Kara is still a pup. If she starts this habit now of only having her settle or happy sleeping in their (cramped/small) bedroom , it’s going to be more difficult to undo it and train her to sleep comfortably downstairs in the future.
My dogs both like a cuddle on the couch with us too but they’re trained enough to jump off when they’re told and not to jump up unless invited. They seem like small or trivial points but are important down the line when you’re trying to teach them not to jump up on people or bark at the postman etc.
Habits are much easier to form in pups and bad habits easier to prevent than reverse.
Labs are super to train and keen to learn - if she just put a bit of work in with recall / manners / sleep and separation / diet and exercise she’ll be a dream for her adulthood. It also gives Kara some much needed mental stimulation and interest to her day which will make her much easier to settle at night (along with exercise ofc)
I wish I could get him to not bark at the postman, at this stage I feel like it might be better to just join in and bark at the postman too

• Haha
Reactions: 8

What do ye do with him when ye are doing the old horizontal dance 😉
Our dog is non shed as well but sometimes we let him into our room in the morning but defo wouldn't be doing anything in front of him, just feels weird to me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I thought “save the dates” were only for destination weddings? Are they not getting married in
I think most people send out 'save the dates' now, but in my experience it would usually be an email or a picture sent by text! I think that's a nice way of doing it as it lets you know in advance when the wedding will be, but doesn't add any more expense on the couple - weddings are gone very Americanised I find and there is expense associated with everything!! Each to their own, but as a wedding guest, a text telling me the date is all I need!!

Our dog is non shed as well but sometimes we let him into our room in the morning but defo wouldn't be doing anything in front of him, just feels weird to me lol
This might be weird but that was what I thought too lol

Reactions: 5
God no, someone would call the ISPCA. No one needs to see that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A shock collar would sort him out 🤣🤣

Grace will not be happy that she wasn't top of this list. What with her being a bleeping amazing mother.
All of these women exploit their innocent children for attention online. Why is this celebrated 😂🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.