Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Same I’m in a high paying job for 10+ years -and am able to now save lots monthly including children’s allowance monthly for my son and extra for him when I want. I wouldn’t have “needed” the money parents gave for wedding - as it was paid at that point- but would u really return a gift of money if your parents wanted u to have it ? I honestly think that’s a bit odd and mine would be disgusted if I did . Of course only if they could afford it and wouldn’t be cut off their electricity for example . Lots of people I know their parents are the same to be honest all my aunts and uncles etc would have helped their kids get a deposit together. How the hell can people in their 20s get the first mortgage without help or literally having no life and saying- isn’t possible even on a decent wage 🤷‍♀️
I’m actually shocked as the majority of my friends( all working teachers, nurses etc) saved our deposits ourselves. Not one of my friends got a hand, we saved the 40k over 5 years from 26-31 and still lived our life but prioritised putting away €500 a month each and say cut back on having the best car, phone etc.

I wouldn’t turn down a gift from my parents say if they wanted to pay for something, they bought us some lovely appliances when we moved in , they asked what I would like and we said a few bits like the kettle, toaster etc. But parents are very much aware that we like to pay our own way and knew I’d never have accepted a financial handout, not when I didn’t need it because I could afford to save it.

it’s wonderful that your parents were able to help you like that, and your dead right I’m sure it makes them very proud. You obviously work hard yourself.

But you’re coming from a very privileged position If you think this is the norm, which you mentioned previously you assumed it was.
I just fear this assumption feeds into the idea that people can’t understand how people are struggling to get on the property ladder, I fear for anyone trying to save a deposit at the minute with the way things are going. Solidarity to all of you in that position, I’m very glad to be the other side of it

Reactions: 43
My parents would be mortified if I gave back a gift. They would have thought about the gift and wanted me to have it and really would have been offended if I returned it. Take the gift and pay it forward to your own child - nice if parents can take the edge financially off their kids for things like weddings, houses , buying them a banger of a car at 18 , not having to work every hour during college so u can concentrate on getting say a 2.1. Those are things my family would have done and I’ll do the same for my child. No prizes for Martyrs to be honest & giving your child the edge and getting them on the property market brings joy to some parents ( if they can afford it or save for it) 🤷‍♀️
Tbh I don’t mean any offence to you or anyone else who got a hand out from parents but I think the vast majority of people’s parents couldn’t do this and even if they stretched themselves to it I wouldn’t have every felt comfortable taking it and leaving my parents down money.

my parents both work and have two civil service jobs but would by no means be flush enough to give a deposit for a house to me.

they raised me to work hard for things myself, when we got married we saved for the full cost the 2years leading up to it, same with the house deposit, we were 5 years saving that. I dunno I guess it depends on how you were raised.

this narrative that we should be going to the bank of Mammy and Daddy plays into Leo and his FF/FG crews logic as to why they don’t need to help young first time buyers, they assume we can all get a gift. A lot of people’s parents (esp civil servants) got hammered during the last recession and are only coming right over the last few years.

I’m so confused as to why Chris suit top and bottoms are two completely different shade of blue?

Last edited:

Foggy

Chatty Member
The latest posts show that u can spend 70k but money cant buy class. They r like Nidge and Trish from Love Hate wen they got married.

• Haha
  • Heart

Quackers

VIP Member
Shitttt maybe I am a bit head in clouds 😬😬 I thought most parents do get together a good amount for their kids weddings . But yeah there are some tight asses out there. It’s not that parents SHOULD have to do anything I think it’s just really nice to give your kids money towards a house and a wedding especially if they have it just sitting there in a bank and u will get it anyway when they die 😂😂 Ill prob do the same for my son as I save his children’s allowance for him etc …. Anyway back to Greasy ! We will prob see some awful random ads the next few months to pay this off lol
But many just seriously dont have it not everyone gets to save the allowance. That’s not a dig at you. Just everyone has different circumstances

• Heart
Those velour tracksuits are grand for the morning of the wedding or messing around on the hen. Wearing it on her mini moon in Glasson in the gifted cabin heading to breakfast, she’s actually complete trailer trash!

• Haha
  • Heart

Mammy2021

VIP Member
5 or 10k off each side ? Sure her mam is a widow is she really expected to give money?
I think for the amount of childminding and counselling that Grace’s mam does for her, as well as bailing her out for most adult tasks she can’t cope with by herself, Grace would want to be giving her a few grand! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Clangers2

VIP Member
Not that anyone gives a Fuck but here's my take on it:
*The dress is made for a size 8 tall waif of a girl with small boobs that don't need much support
*She chose that dress with the mindset that her body was going to be completely different to how it was but harsh as it sounds didn't put the work in (diet) to fit that dress
*She is the worst dressed influencer and chooses trends rather than styles that suit her body shape (you can be trendy while chosing the right style for you)
*Chris suit is too formal for her, he should have gone with an oatmeal coloured suit and even no tie and open top few buttons of his shirt and a little flower in his blazer jacket (I'm thinking kinds linen material) it looks like he belongs in a different wedding
*The kids are beautiful
*The bridesmaids are atrocious, it only half suited Dom cause she's small boobs (once again no thought into the bodies filling these dresses) they were too busy and just tacky imo
*I wouldn't touch off rue de seine now, she has rightly turned me off them, she doesn't reflect boho in her usual style so why make such a huge trend of it for her wedding dress (she will look back and think wtf in a few years)
*Classic is always best in bridal unless your a true boho hun for life (which she is not)
*Chris was really sunburnt (in all the pics, what a gobshite) it's nearly as bad as a groom having a black eye on the wedding day
*Where's her mum!? (Very strange not to feature in the getting ready video,no special moments with her captured etc, was she not 'on trend enough'
*The venue was v underwhelming,only looked good because frog prince completely decorated the whole marquee, the dining area was pretty
*Flowers beautiful
*Make up-not amazing but her skin was flawless
*Hair- SHOCKING, parts of it were curled then waved then straight and it looked so dry and brittle, the hair piece again was too 'trendy' and it was too busy with the overly busy dress, the plastic clips were visable from the back, I honestly think her hair was one of the worst bridal styles I've ever seen, the front pieces were just 'there' two big wavy long pieces, but the back was a completely different type of wave/curl

That's my take on it all
I have to say other than alllllll of that, she looks the best I've seen her, very pretty, and happy and I hope she had the day she dreamt of

Not that anyone gives a Fuck but here's my take on it:
*The dress is made for a size 8 tall waif of a girl with small boobs that don't need much support
*She chose that dress with the mindset that her body was going to be completely different to how it was but harsh as it sounds didn't put the work in (diet) to fit that dress
*She is the worst dressed influencer and chooses trends rather than styles that suit her body shape (you can be trendy while chosing the right style for you)
*Chris suit is too formal for her, he should have gone with an oatmeal coloured suit and even no tie and open top few buttons of his shirt and a little flower in his blazer jacket (I'm thinking kinds linen material) it looks like he belongs in a different wedding
*The kids are beautiful
*The bridesmaids are atrocious, it only half suited Dom cause she's small boobs (once again no thought into the bodies filling these dresses) they were too busy and just tacky imo
*I wouldn't touch off rue de seine now, she has rightly turned me off them, she doesn't reflect boho in her usual style so why make such a huge trend of it for her wedding dress (she will look back and think wtf in a few years)
*Classic is always best in bridal unless your a true boho hun for life (which she is not)
*Chris was really sunburnt (in all the pics, what a gobshite) it's nearly as bad as a groom having a black eye on the wedding day
*Where's her mum!? (Very strange not to feature in the getting ready video,no special moments with her captured etc, was she not 'on trend enough'
*The venue was v underwhelming,only looked good because frog prince completely decorated the whole marquee, the dining area was pretty
*Flowers beautiful
*Make up-not amazing but her skin was flawless
*Hair- SHOCKING, parts of it were curled then waved then straight and it looked so dry and brittle, the hair piece again was too 'trendy' and it was too busy with the overly busy dress, the plastic clips were visable from the back, I honestly think her hair was one of the worst bridal styles I've ever seen, the front pieces were just 'there' two big wavy long pieces, but the back was a completely different type of wave/curl

That's my take on it all
I have to say other than alllllll of that, she looks the best I've seen her, very pretty, and happy and I hope she had the day she dreamt of
ETA: her tan was 10/10

• Heart
Reactions: 42

LuckyB

I realise there will be lots of photos in the near future but with all her talk about her late father, his presence before and during the day, I find it odd that there hasn’t been a mention or photo or special moment with her Mam, the parent who is with her on the day. I apologise in advance if I have missed a pic somewhere, the reels seem to jump up randomly on IG and have no rhyme or reason!

Reactions: 41

Donegal

Chatty Member
Anyone who was a natural Boho babe would never pose with the toes pointed, leg out and flailing the dress like that, I think this adds to the disconnect and why the dress looks so wrong on her.

Can't believe all the hair growth, fuss and orange-ing just to have it tied back.

• Haha

CailínBeag

VIP Member
Women have tits tho...what were they supposed to do.. leave em at home?
No one here is commenting on that.

The dresses are very ill fitting, that can't be denied. The area around the breast lays flat against the chest and offers no shape, structure or support

• Heart

jazzbot

VIP Member
Grease, (aka Grace1718) block your ears. It's time for another song. Hope you hate it xoxo

Believe by Cher

Play the instrumental and follow along:

Verse 1:
"D'fella formerly known as Kips,
Me 'HUSBAND!!!' now, shall be nameless,
OI jush love d'attention...
And all de new deals, O'il be gettin',
Fuck dem twwoooo Denises,
Dem braless, tit tape hatin' eejits,
Buh after all is said and done,
I'm your no 1, stingy hun... OH!

Chorus:
Can youse believe how much I paid for dis weddin'?
And I loved me freebie neon sign,
We spelt dah one wrong, ran ouh o' time... oh!
Free black and blue suit from Louis C,
We ignored all de advice you see,
No one stops Grease and her free tit-tes, no!

Verse 2:
2004 is here to stay,
Velour tracksuits, boo-hew (boho) days,
Wha trend will I follow next?
Rock chick or anudda child for conteeeeh...
Oi'm so glad, we skipped a day two,
Freebie offered so, hey, wha can ya do?
Wore me weddin' dress to me Westlife hen,
No one noticed, fooled yiz all again! Oh!

Chorus:
Can youse believe I'm now Mon-gey-Ger-non?
Oi'm d'first woman to ever marry,
Have youse ever seen me so bleedin' happy?... No!
Oi've two weeks awaaaay from d'kids,
All inclusive, all day long,
Can't wait to wear me sexy thong... NO!

Bridge:
And I know youse could see da neck ta-ttoos,
And I know we looked kinda roouggghhh,
Buh I love showing off a bitta skin,
Legs and belly out, backless, kept me fanny in!
Soooo jush stop yer grousin',
It's Greasy, virgin bride wearing white again!

Chorus:
Do youse believe in..

Ah will yaz jush sing dah bleedin' chorus twice again, I can feel me anxiehe coming on, off to bang me bowls. GOODNIGH

D781DCE2-EE2B-4FD9-B2A6-96271FDBFE7D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

GraceK99

Oh I can't! I'm not familiar with the song so looked it up 🤣🤣🤣🤣
super appropriate song to dance to with a family member 🙊😳
Screenshot_20220724-173103_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

blondey91

Shitttt maybe I am a bit head in clouds 😬😬 I thought most parents do get together a good amount for their kids weddings . But yeah there are some tight asses out there. It’s not that parents SHOULD have to do anything I think it’s just really nice to give your kids money towards a house and a wedding especially if they have it just sitting there in a bank and u will get it anyway when they die 😂😂 Ill prob do the same for my son as I save his children’s allowance for him etc …. Anyway back to Greasy ! We will prob see some awful random ads the next few months to pay this off lol
both our parents gave us a substantial amount of money towards our wedding and we handed it straight back to them..your parents give you everything they can growing up, we’re full time working adults if anything i like to give my parents money/presents as a thank you for everything they always did for us🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 38