F1 Chatter #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Norbert vettel just said at the moment we have a tunnel with no light at the end 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
He genuinely seems more sad than Seb. I think he knows he’s got a lot more in him and it’s more external factors that are making him want to stop rather than any lack of love for actual racing. It’s not like Kimi who had had enough completely. So many other things out of Sebs control have contributed to him retiring now 😞

This makes me SOB. i so, so wish we’d have Lewis Seb and Fernando donuts😭damn you W13 and damn you Alpine full stop

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He genuinely seems more sad than Seb. I think he knows he’s got a lot more in him and it’s more external factors that are making him want to stop rather than any lack of love for actual racing. It’s not like Kimi who had had enough completely. So many other things out of Sebs control have contributed to him retiring now 😞
I think the biggest one is Seb just doesn't like being hypocritical about things like carbon footprint etc. I think he just can no longer justify being part of it anymore.
I hope to see him in some European based series

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the biggest one is Seb just doesn't like being hypocritical about things like carbon footprint etc. I think he just can no longer justify being part of it anymore.
I hope to see him in some European based series
Yes, definitely. Too much travel, it doesn’t sit right with him ethically anymore, and the sport is just heading in the wrong direction for him. It’s completely understandable but it almost makes it more heart breaking because he still loves it so much. Even questioning strategy etc today in his last race, most drivers when they’re retiring don’t care about anything

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, definitely. Too much travel, it doesn’t sit right with him ethically anymore, and the sport is just heading in the wrong direction for him. It’s completely understandable but it almost makes it more heart breaking because he still loves it so much. Even questioning strategy etc today in his last race, most drivers when they’re retiring don’t care about anything
Honestly it's why i've found it so hard, he still has so much love for the sport and probably would have loved to continue doing it

Reactions: 7
Honestly it's why i've found it so hard, he still has so much love for the sport and probably would have loved to continue doing it
I sympathise completely. I felt a similar way when it was heavily rumoured Lewis wasn’t coming back this year, I was just so angry that it wouldn’t have been on his terms. It’s always the way you want great sports people to go out - when they want to, when they’ve given all they have left. Seb is just a wonderful human and as a fan of Lewis, knowing he’s had his back especially the last few years has been a real comfort. Completely irreplaceable

Reactions: 8
Well he made this speech but not convinced he’s sincere. Mick deserves so much more. I wish Michael was there 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Didn’t they also tell him to stop doing donuts? Hate them tbh. Hope Nico and Kevin fall out multiple times and it makes for a worse atmosphere than OG Nico and Lewis 😊😊😊
I love Kevin, but I want him and Nico to implode at Haas, so much that it makes the precious incident of Kevin fok smashing his door seem like nothing. Burn the place Kevin! Do it for Mick! I believe in you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Also Guenther is a terrible team principal. A few funny Netflix quotes have made people forget that

Reactions: 12
Also Guenther is a terrible team principal. A few funny Netflix quotes have made people forget that
Couldn’t agree more, he’s hilarious from an entertainment point of view but as actual management he’s been tit. Ever going back to magnussen/Grosjean it was always a mess. He has no idea how to lead

Reactions: 10
Couldn’t agree more, he’s hilarious from an entertainment point of view but as actual management he’s been tit. Ever going back to magnussen/Grosjean it was always a mess. He has no idea how to lead
He’s not respected by his own drivers, his boss just walks all over him, half of the mechanics in the team don’t seem to have a clue what they’re doing and they’re working with tools that are 6 years out of date. I truly hope they go back to being last next year because I really can’t stand them. Hiring Mazepin was the moment any kind of “aw at least they’re fun” feelings went for me

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I managed to go on a long walk with the family earlier. Forgot my phone and missed the race. I must do better next season. It will be here before we know it x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Tbh, my drunken ass has more leadership experience than Guenter. As much as I love my job right now, taking over Haas could be something for me in the future. Just give me 1 year to take some organisation/HR courses and I'll be in for his job 😎

And yeah, cooking drunk with Minttu has resulted in two broken plates, no cut fingers (thank you dad for letting me know how to use a knife) and some very good potatoes 🙌😂

• Heart
Emerging from a drunken haze to ask... Whatever happened to "we're going to do everything we can to help Checo finish in P2" 🥴🥴

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.