F1 Chatter #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The person I married is like this with our son about his football. Every match day he gets a full on talk to the game then we have post match analysis on the way home. My son said the other week he was giving up goalkeeping because he’d 2 bad games which he didn’t. This is all his Dads negative comments. Breaks my heart.
This is sad but common, I had a friend who followed a career path because of her parents and hated it, eventually she gave up and was much happier. We all need to choose our own path even if it’s not what our families want ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
couldn’t have said it better myself!
Totally agree re the Christian-Mattia point, as much as Horner isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, he absolutely knows how to handle drivers and get the best out of them. Same with Toto. I think Charles would thrive in a Mercedes’, as much as it would break my heart 😭 😂
he really would! both horner and toto are pretty protective of their drivers and create an environment where they thrive (or maybe only one driver in red bull’s case but anyway!) - mattia is too quick sometimes to use the fact that charles will say “yes all my fault” and i’m not a fan. he would do amazingly in a merc, i agree.

his contract renewal discussions are going to be interesting in a few years! i know he’ll never say so publicly but his relationship with ferrari has surely taken a hit this year and i don’t know how he’ll balance that with his obvious affection for the mythology of them. i will ✨manifest✨ him into a merc though!

(this isn’t too say charles is perfect! he is still a very emotive driver and not always in a good way. but i think, long term, that means ferrari isn’t the place for him)

Reactions: 7
the way max is laughing and telling this story like it’s a funny anecdote just makes me so sad. i get why people aren’t keen on him, i absolutely do, but he is so much a product of the environment in which he was raised. his mother’s comments about him getting his gentleness from her and jos never liking it, and moving him far away and erasing the belgian side of his identity and so his mother also, makes me sad.

the fact that the team are all like “we couldn’t console him because jos had told us not to” - he was an actual child :(
My heart really breaks for him. Based on all his interviews he comes across really genuine and hasn’t stoked fires anywhere the ways his fans have. He’s had SUCH a hard time. That doesn’t excuse him defending Nelson or associating with Kelly. He’s such a product if his environment in ways he will probably never know and it’s really sad.

I don't know if many others are like this, but I don't "support" one team like you would in soccer or rugby. I find I get so much more enjoyment from seeing the good, the bad & the ugly in all of them, because there's such a wide mix of skill and personality between the lot of them. I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else can relate. I'd have a different team hoodie for every day of the week if I could afford it 🤣 my 2 favourite personalities are Daniel and Lando though 🥰
Totally get where you’re coming from!! My teams are technically Ferrari (from being a kid watching schumi, so much nostalgia) and McLaren (watching Lewis wipe the floor and seeing him as such an inspiration when he came on the scene - and now!). But overall I like all teams and drivers, at the end of the day I want to watch good racing and see the drivers succeed whether that’s Haas/Williams getting points, McLaren getting a podium or Ferrari winning. All good vibes :cool:

• Heart
I think Max has a sadness about him. Personally I don’t see a ‘passion’ for racing that I see in some of the other drivers, he likes winning for sure but never seems joyful if you know what I mean. I really can’t see him being in the sport for as long as Seb for example, as soon as he stops winning he will be off.
I get you! It's like it's EXPECTED of him, so when he wins, it's job done as opposed to immense joy and pride. Really sad 😔

• Heart
he really would! both horner and toto are pretty protective of their drivers and create an environment where they thrive (or maybe only one driver in red bull’s case but anyway!) - mattia is too quick sometimes to use the fact that charles will say “yes all my fault” and i’m not a fan. he would do amazingly in a merc, i agree.

his contract renewal discussions are going to be interesting in a few years! i know he’ll never say so publicly but his relationship with ferrari has surely taken a hit this year and i don’t know how he’ll balance that with his obvious affection for the mythology of them. i will ✨manifest✨ him into a merc though!

(this isn’t too say charles is perfect! he is still a very emotive driver and not always in a good way. but i think, long term, that means ferrari isn’t the place for him)
I’ll join this manifestation!! Imagine him in a black Mercedes’ suit 🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get you! It's like it's EXPECTED of him, so when he wins, it's job done as opposed to immense joy and pride. Really sad 😔
Exactly,
His lack of emotion might be his upbringing but he always seems very businesslike.

• Sad
Totally get where you’re coming from!! My teams are technically Ferrari (from being a kid watching schumi, so much nostalgia) and McLaren (watching Lewis wipe the floor and seeing him as such an inspiration when he came on the scene - and now!). But overall I like all teams and drivers, at the end of the day I want to watch good racing and see the drivers succeed whether that’s Haas/Williams getting points, McLaren getting a podium or Ferrari winning. All good vibes :cool:
exactly! i don’t know if it’s the fact that i have a creative writing degree/background but i LOVE a narrative. i am happy with any driver winning really because at this point i’m sorta invested in all of them? there have been ones in the past that i’ve actively disliked but i don’t think i’m at that level with any of this current grid. beyond finding it slightly boring seeing max there all the time 🤣😉 i’m here for the good vibes and the build of a season (though i can admit this one has been rough).

my team is probably ferrari (😭) because i really grew up with schumacher too but i mainly supported middle running drivers, adrian sutil was my boy back in the day! and also massa because, pain. seb was my number 1 though and i will never forgive ferrari.

I’ll join this manifestation!! Imagine him in a black Mercedes’ suit 🥵🥵
omg can you IMAGINE 🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Alright, here we go. My inaugural ranking of the Sky Sports presenters.

1. Martin
The man himself. Forget King Charles III, THIS is the real King. Somehow makes the grid walk look easy despite the sensory overload. Doesn't give a tit about walking up to celebrities week in, week out, and asking them pointless questions such as "do you like cars?", "what do you think of the colour red?", "who are you?". Approach life as though you're doing a grid walk - chaotic yet confident.

2. Jenson
In a world of poorly-fitting suits and shiny foreheads, Jenson brings much-needed glamour and beauty to the team. We love Jnsn. Although I worry that Sky prefers PDR to Jnsn. Possibly because PDR has a lower fee given that he's never won a championship. Facts *George Russell voice*

3. Ted
Only a man who lives in shorts could single-handedly rattle an entire fanbase and Karen Horner. Absolutely love to see it. Long live The Notebook.

4. Natalie
Has the patience of a saint for dealing with this gaggle of blokes every other week. Always looks great despite operating out of what seems to be the hottest places on earth too. Maybe this is why Nico no longer attends races - he'd get too oily.

5. Rachel
Seems to attract a bunch of creepy men on Insta. Lots of comments about her legs. They are good tbf. Same comment as Natalie applies.

6. Naomi
This woman should be protected at all costs. I rank her slightly below Natalie and Rachel because she's newer but she's a great addition to the team and think she will be fully settled next year. Clearly fancies Sir Lewis too, but who doesn't.

7. Crofty
Always wearing trousers that are too tight. Perhaps he is struggling to lose the post-covid weight like I am. Either way, I don't want to see your cock and balls. BUT nothing gets me hyped like "AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO" (aside from "ok Lewis, it's hammertime"). Apparently he stole the line from Ben Edwards, but he isn't on the list. Nae debates, as Mario from Cleaning from Mario fame would say.

8. Nico
Shiny forehead. I know he is the villain but he does offer some decent insight (sometimes). I actually quite like it when he pops up from his lair. Maybe that says more about the Sky Sports team than anything else though.

9. Anthony
I think he uses the big TV. Let me just google it..."anthony davidson big tv". Oh, there he is. Anyone who takes on the big TV is braver than I am. It reminds me of the interactive whiteboards my school started rolling out in the early 2000s. None of the teachers could use them. Not Anthony though.

10. Damon
Doesn't feel like we've seen much of him this year. Or has this year just been ridiculously long? Maybe both. Looks a bit like a goat. This commentary is almost as bad as PDR's when a race is delayed and he's trying desperately to fill the time.

11. Simon
Professional. There to do a job. Some might even say he is a bit boring. Feel like he would order plain chicken at Nandos. I don't know, I'm vegetarian. Not much else to say.

12. Johnny
No strong feelings. He's fine. I also don't remember seeing him much this year. Maybe he's been there all along. Johnny, is that really you? I am struggling here. How many more people are on this list? I regret doing this. Someone help me please.

13. Danica
Definitely new to the job, shall we say. May or may not be shagging PDR. Who knows. I certainly hope not. No one asked for this. Her outfits are good so credit where it's due.

14. Karun
Also good at using the big TV. But also a bit of a Max fanboy. You win some, you lose some.

15. PDR
An annoyance. Often pronounces Mercedes as "Mer-shay-deez". I am also Scottish and have never heard anyone pronounce it that way. No excuses, and zero tolerance for this behaviour. Bottom of the list for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

1. Martin
The man himself. Forget King Charles III, THIS is the real King. Somehow makes the grid walk look easy despite the sensory overload. Doesn't give a tit about walking up to celebrities week in, week out, and asking them pointless questions such as "do you like cars?", "what do you think of the colour red?", "who are you?". Approach life as though you're doing a grid walk - chaotic yet confident.

2. Jenson
In a world of poorly-fitting suits and shiny foreheads, Jenson brings much-needed glamour and beauty to the team. We love Jnsn. Although I worry that Sky prefers PDR to Jnsn. Possibly because PDR has a lower fee given that he's never won a championship. Facts *George Russell voice*

3. Ted
Only a man who lives in shorts could single-handedly rattle an entire fanbase and Karen Horner. Absolutely love to see it. Long live The Notebook.

4. Natalie
Has the patience of a saint for dealing with this gaggle of blokes every other week. Always looks great despite operating out of what seems to be the hottest places on earth too. Maybe this is why Nico no longer attends races - he'd get too oily.

5. Rachel
Seems to attract a bunch of creepy men on Insta. Lots of comments about her legs. They are good tbf. Same comment as Natalie applies.

6. Naomi
This woman should be protected at all costs. I rank her slightly below Natalie and Rachel because she's newer but she's a great addition to the team and think she will be fully settled next year. Clearly fancies Sir Lewis too, but who doesn't.

7. Crofty
Always wearing trousers that are too tight. Perhaps he is struggling to lose the post-covid weight like I am. Either way, I don't want to see your cock and balls. BUT nothing gets me hyped like "AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO" (aside from "ok Lewis, it's hammertime"). Apparently he stole the line from Ben Edwards, but he isn't on the list. Nae debates, as Mario from Cleaning from Mario fame would say.

8. Nico
Shiny forehead. I know he is the villain but he does offer some decent insight (sometimes). I actually quite like it when he pops up from his lair. Maybe that says more about the Sky Sports team than anything else though.

9. Anthony
I think he uses the big TV. Let me just google it..."anthony davidson big tv". Oh, there he is. Anyone who takes on the big TV is braver than I am. It reminds me of the interactive whiteboards my school started rolling out in the early 2000s. None of the teachers could use them. Not Anthony though.

10. Damon
Doesn't feel like we've seen much of him this year. Or has this year just been ridiculously long? Maybe both. Looks a bit like a goat. This commentary is almost as bad as PDR's when a race is delayed and he's trying desperately to fill the time.

11. Simon
Professional. There to do a job. Some might even say he is a bit boring. Feel like he would order plain chicken at Nandos. I don't know, I'm vegetarian. Not much else to say.

12. Johnny
No strong feelings. He's fine. I also don't remember seeing him much this year. Maybe he's been there all along. Johnny, is that really you? I am struggling here. How many more people are on this list? I regret doing this. Someone help me please.

13. Danica
Definitely new to the job, shall we say. May or may not be shagging PDR. Who knows. I certainly hope not. No one asked for this. Her outfits are good so credit where it's due.

14. Karun
Also good at using the big TV. But also a bit of a Max fanboy. You win some, you lose some.

15. PDR
An annoyance. Often pronounces Mercedes as "Mer-shay-deez". I am also Scottish and have never heard anyone pronounce it that way. No excuses, and zero tolerance for this behaviour. Bottom of the list for you.
I agree with this 100%, great analysis! I have actually met Martin and can confirm he is a total ledge.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

1. Martin

2. Jenson

3. Ted

4. Natalie

5. Rachel

6. Naomi

7. Crofty

8. Nico

9. Anthony

10. Damon

11. Simon

12. Johnny

13. Danica

14. Karun

15. PDR
an absolute work of art!

35542A86-D020-4F63-A5B5-91A3C9CDC649.gif

i fully agree with your comments about nico. i think he’s on point sometimes but then the demon overtakes him and he descends into bitterness.

also shoutout to my boy anthony. unsung star of the coverage!

i love this sm 🤣 your comments about martin 👌🏻

• Heart

1. Martin

2. Jenson

3. Ted

4. Natalie

5. Rachel

6. Naomi

7. Crofty

8. Nico

9. Anthony

10. Damon

11. Simon

12. Johnny

13. Danica

14. Karun

15. PDR
This is brilliant & agree with all of it

• Heart
Reactions: 6

1. Martin

2. Jenson

3. Ted

4. Natalie

5. Rachel

6. Naomi

7. Crofty

8. Nico

9. Anthony

10. Damon

11. Simon

12. Johnny

13. Danica

14. Karun

15. PDR
Agree.
Also on the Damon note he'll likely be at 1 of the final 2 races if not both according to his son talking to Ted on the quali notebook

• Heart
Reactions: 5
OK, so I'm a.sucker for eyes.
Top rated for me:
Mick
Charles
Carlos
Lando
Daniel
Pierre
Max
Fernando
George
Checo
The rest just didn't make the points unfortunately 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

1. Martin

2. Jenson

3. Ted

4. Natalie

5. Rachel

6. Naomi

7. Crofty

8. Nico

9. Anthony

10. Damon

11. Simon

12. Johnny

13. Danica

14. Karun

15. PDR
👏👏👏👏👏 bravo, great work!

• Heart
OK, so I'm a.sucker for eyes.
Top rated for me:
Mick
Charles
Carlos
Lando
Daniel
Pierre
Max
Fernando
George
Checo
The rest just didn't make the points unfortunately 😅
i just realised i have never done this and it will be a valuable way to spend time while i hide from trick or treaters because, tragically, i have run out of sweets. i wasn’t expecting so many and now i’m scared i’ll get the trick instead 🤣

charles (obvs, my sun and stars, the music softly heard on the edge of sound, my bb boy etc)
pierre
daniel
carlos
lewis
george
lance (those pics. all i can say)
seb
mick (he’s too blonde, we’ll look related)
alex

would probably go on at least one date with all the rest but i’m not sure if they would make The List, which i’m sure they’re all absolutely devastated about 🤣

• Haha
i just realised i have never done this and it will be a valuable way to spend time while i hide from trick or treaters because, tragically, i have run out of sweets. i wasn’t expecting so many and now i’m scared i’ll get the trick instead 🤣

charles (obvs, my sun and stars, the music softly heard on the edge of sound, my bb boy etc)
pierre
daniel
carlos
lewis
george
lance (those pics. all i can say)
seb
mick (he’s too blonde, we’ll look related)
alex

would probably go on at least one date with all the rest but i’m not sure if they would make The List, which i’m sure they’re all absolutely devastated about 🤣
The sheer devastation, we may have broken hearts already 🙈🤣🥰

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.