F1 Chatter #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just posting this to show the definitive story of Jos leaving Max and how much Max has been damaged/abused by this fuckwit. If you're not keen on Max... just have a watch anyway to maybe get an insight to him and his life.

How can this man go on tv and speak about it like it is a very normal situation and not children abuse? I mean all the team was apparently afraid of him, Max too probably. And I think the worst is Max is not realizing even now how fucked up this is...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't know if many others are like this, but I don't "support" one team like you would in soccer or rugby. I find I get so much more enjoyment from seeing the good, the bad & the ugly in all of them, because there's such a wide mix of skill and personality between the lot of them. I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else can relate. I'd have a different team hoodie for every day of the week if I could afford it 🤣 my 2 favourite personalities are Daniel and Lando though 🥰
I get this! Tbh I like all the drivers it’s a fascinating sport to watch because of all the personality dynamics. I am a Danny Ric fan but every race I wish all the drivers could finish in the points 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't know if many others are like this, but I don't "support" one team like you would in soccer or rugby. I find I get so much more enjoyment from seeing the good, the bad & the ugly in all of them, because there's such a wide mix of skill and personality between the lot of them. I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else can relate. I'd have a different team hoodie for every day of the week if I could afford it 🤣 my 2 favourite personalities are Daniel and Lando though 🥰
same! obviously i have a favourite, i keep it hidden though so you’ll never guess who it is 🤣

but i just have a whole list of drivers i like and who i like to see doing well, and the ones i’m kinda indifferent to. they’re all completely unique individuals and i think you support their stories as well as their driving. like you say, they all have completely different makeups and backgrounds, i find each of them interesting.

• Heart
How can this man go on tv and speak about it like it is a very normal situation and not children abuse? I mean all the team was apparently afraid of him, Max too probably. And I think the worst is Max not realizing even now how fucked up this is...
It’s a common reaction of abused children. They don’t want to see their parents as abusers or them as abused. Sometimes they’ll tell stories to see other peoples reactions to it. They’ll often make excuses too like ‘oh my mam had alot of things going on’, that may be true but no excuse

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I get this! Tbh I like all the drivers it’s a fascinating sport to watch because of all the personality dynamics. I am a Danny Ric fan but every race I wish all the drivers could finish in the points 😂
Have you watched Daniel's 'Parkour' video on YT? I swear I could watch him just mess around all day. Then him and Lando on McLaren's SM, they crack me up 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How can this man go on tv and speak about it like it is a very normal situation and not children abuse? I mean all the team was apparently afraid of him, Max too probably. And I think the worst is Max is not realizing even now how fucked up this is...
Jos is very, very twisted. I really don’t think it’s right for someone with his track record to be freely wandering about the paddock tbh. I cringed so hard last year when Sky kept replaying the clip of him smashing his fists into the table in Jeddah after qualifying

the way max is laughing and telling this story like it’s a funny anecdote just makes me so sad. i get why people aren’t keen on him, i absolutely do, but he is so much a product of the environment in which he was raised. his mother’s comments about him getting his gentleness from her and jos never liking it, and moving him far away and erasing the belgian side of his identity and so his mother also, makes me sad.

the fact that the team are all like “we couldn’t console him because jos had told us not to” - he was an actual child :(
There is another one where Max mentions "stupid asshole, stupid pig, you'll never make it" as things his Dad used to say to him.

• Sad
I am the same, i will cheer for Lando and Carlos the most because they are my two favorites but i like a lot of drivers on the grid so i am always happy for someone at the end of the day 😄

• Heart
i think he never will. he was surrounded by his dad and adult men who couldn’t even comfort a child because they were scared of his dad. he was still telling stories like this in a “funny” way even during red bull videos with daniel. i really hope at some point he gets some kind of therapy or at least a programme which helps him break out of it. he still seems to crave his dad’s approval but i guess that’s just ingrained toxicity at this point.

• Sad
My dad was a complete hole to me leaving me with a lot of twisted views on what love is. And I’d like to think I’m generally a nice person… Just saying 🕊

I may be shunned for saying this...but I don't see the big deal about Pierre. *RUNS* 🏃‍♀️👋🏻😅

It might be the beard. I think it's the beard. OK it's definitely the beard.
Unacceptable. Mods, ban this girl immediately 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
i think he never will. he was surrounded by his dad and adult men who couldn’t even comfort a child because they were scared of his dad. he was still telling stories like this in a “funny” way even during red bull videos with daniel. i really hope at some point he gets some kind of therapy or at least a programme which helps him break out of it. he still seems to crave his dad’s approval but i guess that’s just ingrained toxicity at this point.
Like when he mentioned casually that his dad stabbed a mechanic and Daniel was like witch wtf. Was that when he was accused of attempted murder?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Like when he mentioned casually that his dad stabbed a mechanic and Daniel was like witch wtf. Was that when he was accused of attempted murder?
Wasn’t it his wife/ex wife that accused him?

Reactions: 1
It’s a common reaction of abused children. They don’t want to see their parents as abusers or them as abused. Sometimes they’ll tell stories to see other peoples reactions to it. They’ll often make excuses too like ‘oh my mam had alot of things going on’, that may be true but no excuse
100%, been there 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
oh god, yes! i have never forgotten that video because daniel looks at him with a completely genuine expression of 😳 i think he meant that his dad just “stabbed” a mechanic in the hand with a tool or something, as they were talking about hitting each other in the hands with forks iirc.

i wonder how he feels when he sees someone like papa perez, just overcome with pride for his son finishing third, when his father was throwing him out of vans and leaving him at gas stations or sending him out to race in deliberately dangerous karts. or does he think that’s what he needed to be a “winner”?

• Heart
No, he fractured a guys skull at a karting track was accused of attempted murder for that but it was settled out of court 💸💸💸
He also ran over an ex girlfriend with his car and left her and that was another case of attempted murder.
But no, don't think the stabbing incident was considered attempted murder.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Wasn’t it his wife/ex wife that accused him?
Max's mum had a restraining order against him and then he attempted to hit his wife after Sophie with a car i think?

*I'll double check as memory is hazy.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My dad was a complete hole to me leaving me with a lot of twisted views on what love is. And I’d like to think I’m generally a nice person… Just saying 🕊
….. yeah. This, to be honest. It’s not an excuse, and not everyone with Max’s upbringing would be like he is now. You can look at it as part of the reason, for sure but he’s had plenty of experience in the real world and around people that aren’t Jos to know right from wrong by now. At least in my opinion

• Heart
oh god, yes! i have never forgotten that video because daniel looks at him with a completely genuine expression of 😳 i think he meant that his dad just “stabbed” a mechanic in the hand with a tool or something, as they were talking about hitting each other in the hands with forks iirc.

i wonder how he feels when he sees someone like papa perez, just overcome with pride for his son finishing third, when his father was throwing him out of vans and leaving him at gas stations or sending him out to race in deliberately dangerous karts. or does he think that’s what he needed to be a “winner”?
I can't imagine what would have happened if Max had lost the championship last year. We for sure wouldn't have seen Jos comforting him like Anthony Hamilton did to Lewis. I think he even left the garage like in the middle of the race and only came back for the last 2 laps 😔

• Heart
nice person? you’re a wonderful person!

E00CC9A5-A651-45B0-9502-6BBF6E2B3EC8.jpeg

(apologies though! it’s a tough convo and i should have personally chosen my words in my first post more carefully 💙)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't imagine what would have happened if Max had lost the championship last year. We for sure wouldn't have seen Jos comforting him like Anthony Hamilton did to Lewis. I think he even left the garage like in the middle of the race and only came back for the last 2 laps 😔
It’s funny actually, because Lewis has always said his dad wasn’t a particularly affectionate father, because he himself had always been taught that as a man you have to be strong and not show emotion. In fact I think he even said he didn’t really get hugs from his dad at all as a kid, but he had his mum and step mum to give all that affection. When Lewis got into F1 though, he said after he won his first race his dad hugged him properly and I think from that moment on has slowly showed more and more affection and it culminated in him effectively holding Lewis together in Abu Dhabi💔

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.