F1 Chatter #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fernando & George spend apparently ages at the stewards and Fernando got a 20 second penalty (drive trough penalty) - so Yuki P7 right? ๐Ÿคž

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Cute Pobrecito's interview, but I am more intrigued by George talking to Daniel in the background

Reactions: 4
Soโ€ฆ I SLEPT THROUGH MY ALARM. Or maybe I snoozed it. WHO KNOWS? ๐Ÿ‘€

Have so far managed to avoid spoilers thanks to muting all my notifications and just settling in to watch the build up reply on Sky. PREDICTIONS? Charles will fail again. And I will be depressed. Pierre finishes in P32. Lando gets a podium. Max wins. Again.

I shall return in a few hours to assess how right I was ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Have so far managed to avoid spoilers thanks to muting all my notifications and just settling in to watch the build up reply on Sky. PREDICTIONS? Charles will fail again. And I will be depressed. Pierre finishes in P32. Lando gets a podium. Max wins. Again.

We will be here waiting for your reactions ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Drive through penalty for the Dark Lord (i thought those kind of penalties had disappeared from the stewards books since we haven't had one in ages ๐Ÿ˜…). It put him in 8th behind Yuki and Lance

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Fernando & George spend apparently ages at the stewards and Fernando got a 20 second penalty (drive trough penalty) - so Yuki P7 right? ๐Ÿคž

I woke at 3:45 and thought sod it I need sleep more!! Got up at seven and watched the race with no spoilers - enjoyed that. Glad lando wasnโ€™t totally screwed over!

Also the benefit of watching it late you get to see the real result with penalties given after!!

Mercedes will not be wanting Fernando if he is pulling tricks like that
Carlos needs a decent seat for next year

Also watching back on Sky now. Ted has just reminded me that there were 3 crashes and 3 red flags at Melbourne last year so I really should have made the effort to get out of bed ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wonder if Toto will have issues finding even a driver who wants to have the pressure and drive a tractor like W15 ๐Ÿค”

Going to make my way through everyoneโ€™s posts during the race while I watch so please excuse all my reactions ๐Ÿคฃ

Solid start to Martinโ€™s grid walk

• Heart
George is really shaken here, isn't he :(

I need to correct my summary, I did not see it during the race and just thought he got too close to Fernando wanting to overtake him right after that turn, but hearing his explanation (and he does not sound like he is bluffing) shines different light on the situation. I will watch post race show later, maybe they did an analysis
---
We need to make a new thread I think

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ok so if they are not throwing a red flag when a car is on its side in the middle of the track what is the point of them?

Reactions: 7
help ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฒ

---
Ok so if they are not throwing a red flag when a car is on its side in the middle of the track what is the point of them?
EXACTLY! george sounded terrified on his radio (and lanceโ€™s on-board as he arrives there is equally scary) - surely thatโ€™s the absolute definition of a red flag scenario?!?!

like, listen to how scared he is. itโ€™s awful:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lando really is an honorary Sainz (i want to know what is happening here ๐Ÿ˜…)

Screenshot_20240324_085934_X.jpg

---
Lando learn his lesson from last year and pop the champagne on the floor and not on the podium step ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I donโ€™t like sky not being there itโ€™s all a bit disjointed

I donโ€™t know how to make a new thread does anyone else?

Reactions: 3
I donโ€™t like sky not being there itโ€™s all a bit disjointed

I donโ€™t know how to make a new thread does anyone else?
Yeah hang on Iโ€™ll do it now
---
New thread here - spoilers included!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.