F1 Chatter #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jésus he sounds terrified. I still don't understand why they didn't pull out the red flag immediatly...

mid we remember what happened with the last drivers whose cars had been like that I totally get it. Again a fail with the flags

Love the result even if both mercs are out - but what a result for Carlos & Ferrari and Max needs to start again with his winning streak 😇

Maybe time to head back to RB for Carlos?

Reactions: 5
Jésus he sounds terrified. I still don't understand why they didn't pull out the red flag immediatly...

I guess I can understand it as it was the penultimate lap and the stewards would want to get the race over and done with at this point otherwise yes definitely it would have been a red flag. Glad he is ok.

Reactions: 3
Another "it should have been me" moment for @LaBlonde , standing in Carlos' place so.damn.close to Sharl 🥳 🤣

(Lando is thinking the same, but with regards to Sharl's place in front of Carlos)
tumblr_7264e6ae854686c781fe2a1ffe09aa61_78e5d64c_640.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Right just woke up wtaf happened??!!! What happened to Max? What happened to George? Was Riccardo still last 😂. So many questions!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well that was certainly a diff race to the one we were all expecting! Carlos looked really tired at the end bless him, can’t imagine doing that within weeks of surgery! Little bit disappointed for Lando thought he could have got a 2nd but overall a bonkers time in Oz! Mercedes prob wish they hadn't bothered going!

@landooooo race as I remember it, might be missing some details:)

- good start, no crushes, Maxie is leading
- lap 2: Sexy overtake by Carlos
-Max starts to have problems not long after, there is smoke from the back of the car,it becomes clear he needs to box
- on his way to the pits something blows up and there is fire near his rear right tire (I think we only saw fire afterwards in replays), soon after he pits and retires from the race (the only bad thing about it was that Penelope was there in the garage watching)
-I predict @Platformcrocs will need to intervene when @LaBlonde will see Max's reactions (and the way he -my theory-was watching intensely later to see Sharl winning)
- back to the race: at this point I am more convinced than ever that Lando will win
- Lewis loses the engine

Next might not be in chronological order as it was 5 or 6 in the morning and it was a bit of a snoozefest after initial excitement, they even did not show the front for longer periods:

- Checo driving a rocketship (as reported by both Lewis and George) is not a threat
-Charles undercuts Lando, is p2, there is a moment when Charles is almost in Carlos' DRS but then he slows down, he is not the happiest cookie with the car, balance wise
-Oscar overtook Lando but later Lando had fresher tyres so there were team orders for Oscar to let him overtake him
- Pierre 5s penalty for the same thing he got reprimand for yesterday
- stake had 2 disastrous pit stops, again
-Charles was getting closer to Carlos after his 2nd pitstop but did not catch him
-George was following Fernando, during last lap or his second to last he got really close in turn 6 I think and lost the car, got into wall and was thrown into the middle of the track, scary AF, VSC
- Carlando moment for Carlos celebrations, Papa Sainz's first attendance on Carlos' winning race, adorbs
-YUKI 8TH, Daniel 12th

• Heart
I saw Alonso have been summoned to the stewards for George crash? Some people are saying he brakes intentionly in the straight just before the crash and that might be why George lost the car 🤔
---
The podium pic is back 🥰🥰 Lando is already calling a suggeron to have his appendix out 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I saw Alonso have been summoned to the stewards for George crash? Some people are saying he brakes intentionly in the straight just before the crash and that might be why George lost the car 🤔
Sooooo Carlos to Mercedes, not Fernando?

But seriously, I hope it is not the case with the breaking intentionally...that would be too much of dark lording

@landooooo race as I remember it, might be missing some details:)

- good start, no crushes, Maxie is leading
- lap 2: Sexy overtake by Carlos
-Max starts to have problems not long after, there is smoke from the back of the car,it becomes clear he needs to box
- on his way to the pits something blows up and there is fire near his rear right tire (I think we only saw fire afterwards in replays), soon after he pits and retires from the race (the only bad thing about it was that Penelope was there in the garage watching)
-I predict @Platformcrocs will need to intervene when @LaBlonde will see Max's reactions (and the way he -my theory-was watching intensely later to see Sharl winning)
- back to the race: at this point I am more convinced than ever that Lando will win
- Lewis loses the engine

Next might not be in chronological order as it was 5 or 6 in the morning and it was a bit of a snoozefest after initial excitement, they even did not show the front for longer periods:

- Checo driving a rocketship (as reported by both Lewis and George) is not a threat
-Charles undercuts Lando, is p2, there is a moment when Charles is almost in Carlos' DRS but then he slows down, he is not the happiest cookie with the car, balance wise
-Oscar overtook Lando but later Lando had fresher tyres so there were team orders for Oscar to let him overtake him
- Pierre 5s penalty for the same thing he got reprimand for yesterday
- stake had 2 disastrous pit stops, again
-Charles was getting closer to Carlos after his 2nd pitstop but did not catch him
-George was following Fernando, during last lap or his second to last he got really close in turn 6 I think and lost the car, got into wall and was thrown into the middle of the track, scary AF, VSC
- Carlando moment for Carlos celebrations, Papa Sainz's first attendance on Carlos' winning race, adorbs
-YUKI 8TH, Daniel 12th
This is brilliant thank you! Have seen George saying he was brake tested by Fernando, will watch the highlights later. Was it obvious that Lando was faster (glad he was on the podium at least!). Glad to see that Riccardo is a crap as ever!

• Heart
This is brilliant thank you! Have seen George saying he was brake tested by Fernando, will watch the highlights later. Was it obvious that Lando was faster (glad he was on the podium at least!). Glad to see that Riccardo is a crap as ever!
Well they give Oscar the best strategy by pitting him first for the first pit stop. Lando pitted 5 or 6 laps after him, that's why he was behind him. He was around 0.5s quicker than Oscar every lap and when he passed him he created a 4s gap very quickly so yes he was much faster.
I really think Lando could have finished the race in p2 if they pitted Lando instead of Oscar because this is how Charles managed to undercut him

• Heart
absolutely not happening for me, even though i know it will be the race of a lifetime and the power of carlando’s love will overcome max IF i’m not watching. but 4am man, on a sunday. the lord’s day. i cannot.
well great 🤣🤣 see you at the highlights!!!
---

🥹🥹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So Williams gave Alex Logan's car because they thoughts they could score points.
And in the end, they didn't score points but saw Haas scored 3 and RB 4 and the Stakes would probably have finished in front of him if only they knew how to do a pit stop... I think it's karma 😂😂

If they can't repair the chassis for Japan will they ask Logan to sit out again ?? 🤔

a march miracle 🥲

also just saw george’s crash and omg that could have been so bad. he sounds terrified on his radio when he’s asking for a red flag.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t believe I didn’t wake up thinking it would be another Verstappen procession 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.