F1 chatter #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
apparently Toto is out of the country and didn't know about it all till yesterday - something BIG must have gone down
let’s think outside of the bix

Carlos was not willing to sign a 1 year contract only and pushed for a 2 year contract
Ferrari‘s CEO wanted Lewis even back in 2023 and they had some very good talks but something held Lewis back from signing for 24 (hope for the W15)
Lewis was in the sim this or last week - unhappy with the development or some internal decisions. He might also not have gotten the big Mercedes (the German car manufacturer) deal after retirement as hoped, so no reason to end his career at Mercedes

Reactions: 4
Honestly, today has been a ride. Oh how I have missed F1 drama!!!!
And STILL no official statements....bet they all come through when I'm sat in bloody parents evening later 🙄
The announcement will apparently be made at 8 CET tonight. Not sure if it will be a Mercedes or a Ferrari post or both at the same time

Screenshot_20240201_174033_Instagram.jpg

---
I honestly feel bad for Carlos. All the teams he has been to never really want him (at Toro Rosso Max was already the golden boy, then Renault where they ditch him at the first occasion and Ferrari where Charles was also the golden boy). The only team that really looks like they trully want him had been McLaren but he decided to leave them (and we can't really blame it for it when an opportunity like Ferrari arises)

The announcement will apparently be made at 8 CET tonight. Not sure if it will be a Mercedes or a Ferrari post or both at the same time

View attachment 2729005
---
I honestly feel bad for Carlos. All the teams he has been to never really want him (at Toro Rosso Max was already the golden boy, then Renault where they ditch him at the first occasion and Ferrari where Charles was also the golden boy). The only team that really looks like they trully want him had been McLaren but he decided to leave them (and we can't really blame it for it when an opportunity like Ferrari arises)
Shall we start a justice for Carlos campaign? I feel for him too. He's one of the few on the grid who i think has real talent, though never seems to catch a break...or him ambition is too big maybe?

Reactions: 6
Shall we start a justice for Carlos campaign? I feel for him too. He's one of the few on the grid who i think has real talent, though never seems to catch a break...or him ambition is too big maybe?
Did he even see that coming or was it a surprise call from Fred yesterday? That will def be a blow to him - or he‘s in his unhinged phase (Becca 👀) and will show what Ferrari missed out on?

now what do you guys think about Sharl's situation in all this?

I don't think he dislikes it, he admires Lewis and I think he will treat it as an opportunity to learn as much as he can from him. It could be a great pairing, this is my current feeling, because they are on different timelines of their career, but not just this. I really like Carlos and Ggeorge but Charles and Lewis seem to be more vibing with eochother on emotional side than each of them with their current teammates (esp. Lewis and George, I think the vibe is just not there even though it looks ok from the outside) I cannot exactly put it words, but I am really really curious how it will work out. Also if joined Charles and Lewis + Fred + Ferrari cannot beat RB within few years, noone could, probably. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
This is me right now debating if i can go take a shower without a new bombshell dropping 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Did he even see that coming or was it a surprise call from Fred yesterday? That will def be a blow to him - or he‘s in his unhinged phase (Becca 👀) and will show what Ferrari missed out on?
I hope he didnt find out yesterday and he's at least been aware that it was a possibility. He also may have made his own bed with all the audi speculation. If he has known for a while, did it trigger the unhinged phase? He seems like such a hot head it would surprise me.

Reactions: 3
Another unpopular opinion but I think Carlos is a lucky driver and has potentially only got to the teams he has because of his dads commections. In general I think alot of this generation are a bit overrated, though. I think Carlos himself has a slightly overflated opinion of himself and genuinely thought he would be No1 after last season.
He is gorgeous though. Get him in a midfield team and he could work some magic and be a No1 driver for a few more years yet.

Reactions: 7
Another unpopular opinion but I think Carlos is a lucky driver and has potentially only got to the teams he has because of his dads commections. In general I think alot of this generation are a bit overrated, though. I think Carlos himself has a slightly overflated opinion of himself and genuinely thought he would be No1 after last season.
He is gorgeous though. Get him in a midfield team and he could work some magic and be a No1 driver for a few more years yet.

Yeah, he is a real Pobrecito in this, I kind of feel for him. But like JellyBeans said, I think his dreams of being No1 in Ferrari were totally not realistic and I think he lost a plot a bit. he is a hard worker though and other teams would be stupid to not catch him now, he certainly deserves a good seat and I hope he finds one. It all looks a bit unlucky for him now, but let's remember he was the one to leave McLaren for Ferrari so he was not unlucky back then, and if the narrative will again appear that he had to fight everything almost the world in life, it will clearly be an exagerration 😅 (that narrative appeared in the past, I think the documentary for spanish tv about silverstone win was titled "Against all ods", and he has a picture with the King of Spain as a child whose name clearly the King knew cause of Papa Sainz so.... )

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yeah, he is a real Pobrecito in this, I kind of feel for him. Other teams would be stupid to not catch him now, he certainly deserves a good seat and I hope he finds one.
could be Alonso again the the trigger? If he moves from Aston that opens up a spot there - unless Sauber & Alpine deliver in 24 can’t see them as top team

And one spot at Haas for 25 is basically reserved

• Heart
This is me right now debating if i can go take a shower without a new bombshell dropping 😂

Same! My other half hasnt left work yet and we walk the dogs when he gets home. He's cutting fine for any announcements, so inconsiderate of him :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Amidst all this drama, nobody has even noticed McLaren signing two new drivers today.

Although they really need to learn the McLaren rules about having a twink in the lineup. Just because it's off-road, doesn't mean Twinklaren shouldn't be represented.

• Haha
The only announcement that would have been more wild today was Lewis to Redbull 😂
now THAT I would have paid money to see

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did McLaren order all their driver to post something about Lewis to Ferrari? First Oscar and Lando, then Pato and now David 😂😂

Screenshot_20240201_182321_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_182518_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.