F1 chatter #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the ultimate mic drop from Lewis, and there were we all moaning the lack of content from him this break 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And DTS producers are like „nooo“ that would have been the episode if the news started during the first GP or even testing

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As a Fernando fan (don't come for me 😂 ) I don't really see the appeal of going to Ferrari - neither Fernando or Seb were able to win a championship there after winning elsewhere - the last person being Kimi in 2007 - besides saying he drove for them? Unless they have big plans for 2025 - aren't the main changes are coming in 2026?
Aha another elite Fernando gal....💪.

I don't understand this whole move from Lewis' perspective at all tbh. All I can think of is that he's going to try and do what they couldn't. What better way to end your career and end the GOAT discussions once and for all by winning with the oldest team?
But they are hardly the most diverse team (in fact, from what I've seen they are potentially one of the LEAST diverse), they are traditional to the point where everyone's bloody Italian even to the teams detriment and they even control what they wear. One assumes he's got things in his contract which deals with some of these things but culture wise it seems like a BIG difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Rumors are that Lewis only told Toto on Wednesday aka yesterday that he has a contract with Ferrari for 25 👀

Pretty sure he decided to sign with Ferrari after seen the new car & the sim 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 14

I don't understand this whole move from Lewis' perspective at all tbh. All I can think of is that he's going to try and do what they couldn't. What better way to end your career and end the GOAT discussions once and for all by winning with the oldest team?
But they are hardly the most diverse team (in fact, from what I've seen they are potentially one of the LEAST diverse), they are traditional to the point where everyone's bloody Italian even to the teams detriment and they even control what they wear. One assumes he's got things in his contract which deals with some of these things but culture wise it seems like a BIG difference.
Ihave to wonder about that too, Ferrari have more openly racist fans than most other teams with the exception of RedBull, how hard will that be to deal with nevermind the micro management of appearance and statements

Reactions: 9

Me and my husband literally said this earlier, with all the racism in football in Italy it's a bold decision considering how passionate the fans are it could go one of 2 ways

Reactions: 7

its simply - his time is running out and he saw during the last 2 seasons that Mercedes isn’t going to catch up that quickly and might struggle more then others to change the layout and results under the cost caps then others. And 48 races of not been able to push and fight can be very long and mental hard to not wanting to give up

Ferrari was pretty good the last races, we don’t know what’s in his contract and he gets way back with Fred

Reactions: 8
I am starting to realize that this will also be a challenge for Charles to have Lewis as the teammate.
He is (rightfully) praised for being a future world champion. But if Lewis come to Ferrari and beat him (fair and square not because one have 15 DNF and the other 0) it might be a hit in his golden boy image...

If he’s at Ferrari next year can he then have an input into the car for 26 and the new regs? I’m not sure how invovled drivers are when there’s reg changes - but if Ferrari come out with an amazing car and he’s had a year to bed into the team we’ll all think he’s pulled a blinder

Reactions: 5
If he’s at Ferrari next year can he then have an input into the car for 26 and the new regs? I’m not sure how invovled drivers are when there’s reg changes - but if Ferrari come out with an amazing car and he’s had a year to bed into the team we’ll all think he’s pulled a blinder
hadn't thought of that - getting him in to use his knowledge

its simply - his time is running out and he saw during the last 2 seasons that Mercedes isn’t going to catch up that quickly and might struggle more then others to change the layout and results under the cost caps then others. And 48 races of not been able to push and fight can be very long and mental hard to not wanting to give up

Ferrari was pretty good the last races, we don’t know what’s in his contract and he gets way back with Fred
I guess so but he's what? 38. If he's as committed as Fernando that's still 4 more years. Although I get that he doesn't want to spend those years in a crap car but still....

I am starting to realize that this will also be a challenge for Charles to have Lewis as the teammate.
He is (rightfully) praised for being a future world champion. But if Lewis come to Ferrari and beat him (fair and square not because one have 15 DNF and the other 0) it might be a hit in his golden boy image...
and he might now be the golden boy with the team (he is after all Sir Lewis Hamilton) - how will that be for Charles? Playing again no 2 and might be playing team orders?
Will the fans take to Lewis?
---
I guess so but he's what? 38. If he's as committed as Fernando that's still 4 more years. Although I get that he doesn't want to spend those years in a crap car but still....
Add a cold work environment to the mix and that’s some very unhappy long seasons - with a 25 move he can get to know the car and have some input in the 26 clean start for all

Reactions: 4
You know what I'm looking forward to the most....Lewis wearing one of these....View attachment 2728879
View attachment 2728881
And yes, this is just an excuse to post my faves looking fit in suits.
Jesus, Lewis' Italian Fashion week, the suits :love:
---

Rumors are that Lewis only told Toto on Wednesday aka yesterday that he has a contract with Ferrari for 25 👀

Pretty sure he decided to sign with Ferrari after seen the new car & the sim 😬
well, I LOVE Lewis
but he fired his own dad at some point (I know, he was younger, the situation was different etc), as much as I don;t want this to be true, I would not be totally surprised if these rumours about telling Toto were true....

Boo enters midlife crisis age, he needs change (good he hasn't been married) :ROFLMAO:

adding to the topic of why he would do that - my fear is mostly related to the fact that the only logical explanation for this move is the short term contract, like 1 or 2 years taking account Ferarri's ties and love for Charles.
I LOVE him, but by this move his all talks about loyalty, how the team is his home etc will not age well, so there surely must be some reasons we don't know yet why he made that decision, maybe Mercedes being totally not responsive to his comments about the car, or some conflict that became unbearable and he could not imagine staying there for more years while keeping motivation.

certainly the prospective of something new will be very refreshing for him even for 2024, no matter how things at Mercedes are dealt with and what atmosphere will be (I naively wish and hope it will be a year "we're grateful for our time together, let's push one last time a a team" for old times sake :ROFLMAO:)

DTS producers should regret not taking his own documentary from Apple, the drama from his story alone would make for a great DTS style show :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Wonder how much damage Toto has caused in the last 24 hours?! 😬 Bet he feels utterly betrayed, but Lewis has been seething about it all since 2021, and openly spoke about how the team weren't listening to his critique on the car 🤦‍♀️

(sorry I've been awol, i have been lurking but also using the cycling/f1 off season to prep for new business but my dedication has failed at the first hurdle today :ROFLMAO:)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
apparently Toto is out of the country and didn't know about it all till yesterday - something BIG must have gone down

• Wow
Reactions: 10
apparently Toto is out of the country and didn't know about it all till yesterday - something BIG must have gone down
Honestly, today has been a ride. Oh how I have missed F1 drama!!!!
And STILL no official statements....bet they all come through when I'm sat in bloody parents evening later 🙄

• Haha
Lets See how Merc will handle that - with the announcement and for the rest of the season

apparently Lewis head mechanic (edit: Loic Serra will work on the Ferrari 25 car) left in 23 and joined Ferrari as he was unhappy about the development of the W13 and W14 and the „priorities with George“
---
These are the suits I’m looking forward to seeing Lewis in 😂

View attachment 2728991View attachment 2728992
pretty’s sure we won’t see that much yellow 😎

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.