F1 Chatter #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IDK how links work on Tattle but motorsport journo Elizabeth Blackstock (who is a really good follow BTW along with Alanis King) has a really good thread on Influencergate that sums up a lot of my feelings

Like... why are people so mad about these women getting free tickets when male athletes, businesspeople, actors etc with 0 interest in F1 have been getting garage access for years? Elon Musk is gadding around RB with his nips out :sick: but doesn't seem to know FE exists based on his Tweets and while people aren't happy about him attending they aren't levelling the same sort of criticism at him that they are at the Tarte girls.
I've been thinking about this too. A lot of these influencers have a demographic of college aged girls (I.e. Alix Earle) and I truly don't understand the outrage. They have HUGE platforms and if that helps for more people get in to the sport, isn't that what we should want? people who are formula 1 fans are going to tune in no matter what, but these girls can help to bring in a new viewership demo especially here in the US. it's not like these tickets/paddock passes/experiences were taken away from a real fan to be given to them, a lot of fans are still enjoying the weekend there (Obviously there's a price issue that needs to be addressed but thats besides the point) idk maybe I'm just rambling

Reactions: 6
I found something weird in this pic and i couldn't tell what at first

Screenshot_20230506_220329_Twitter.jpg

And then i saw it! What is that Sir?? 🤢

Screenshot_20230506_220329_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.