F1 Chatter #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm currently having my own personal weather service telling me that there might be rain in quali!

If so, bring it on!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm currently having my own personal weather service telling me that there might be rain in quali!

If so, bring it on!!
Please! πŸ™

Anything to try and help McLaren, because duck it looks like it's gonna be more papaya pain at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
FACTS! This made me spit my wine out.
I remember a podcast I like called Sounds Like A Cult had an episode about the cult of Elon Musk and people (specifically men) who inexplicably think the sun shines out his arse. Would deffo be a red flag if I went on a date with a guy in the real world...Lewis I could overlook it for for the sake of a good time, because we all have our character faults πŸ˜…

Have been seeing more stuff popping up on Twitter re influencers at Miami and I have questions really just about the whole influencer concept in general. Like, I've never heard of this company Tarte who seem to be the main ones in the firing line (rightly so in some aspects since they seem to have been called out for their lack of diversity for one thing) and I'm just logic-ing it all through in my brain.

Cos ultimately its about making money and getting folk to buy your products, right? Is sending people who show off your products to an event that most folks cannot go to really going to get people to buy your stuff? Obviously I'm not a marketing person, so what do I know, but if I think about my sphere of interest, sewing and knitting... if a fabric company gave some well-known sewist tickets to the Superbowl (picking a big sport event that I'm not into) and had them use their products to sew an outfit to wear to the game, I feel like all I would think is "wow that's a lot of money as a business to be spending to send people to an event that is not really integral to what you are actually selling!" πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Reactions: 9
I remember a podcast I like called Sounds Like A Cult had an episode about the cult of Elon Musk and people (specifically men) who inexplicably think the sun shines out his arse. Would deffo be a red flag if I went on a date with a guy in the real world...Lewis I could overlook it for for the sake of a good time, because we all have our character faults πŸ˜…

Have been seeing more stuff popping up on Twitter re influencers at Miami and I have questions really just about the whole influencer concept in general. Like, I've never heard of this company Tarte who seem to be the main ones in the firing line (rightly so in some aspects since they seem to have been called out for their lack of diversity for one thing) and I'm just logic-ing it all through in my brain.

Cos ultimately its about making money and getting folk to buy your products, right? Is sending people who show off your products to an event that most folks cannot go to really going to get people to buy your stuff? Obviously I'm not a marketing person, so what do I know, but if I think about my sphere of interest, sewing and knitting... if a fabric company gave some well-known sewist tickets to the Superbowl (picking a big sport event that I'm not into) and had them use their products to sew an outfit to wear to the game, I feel like all I would think is "wow that's a lot of money as a business to be spending to send people to an event that is not really integral to what you are actually selling!" πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Their products are crap too. Nothing creative at all and like you stated a total lack of diversity even down to not having shade ranges for every skin tone to use.

They say all press is good press but I don’t think thats the case anymore. Spend money on your products and less on shoddy marketing and people will buy them.

All this nonsense around American races makes me like them even less.

Million dollar tickets being sold to Las Vegas and it could be the worst race of all time

Reactions: 3
Their products are crap too. Nothing creative at all and like you stated a total lack of diversity even down to not having shade ranges for every skin tone to use.

They say all press is good press but I don’t think thats the case anymore. Spend money on your products and less on shoddy marketing and people will buy them.

All this nonsense around American races makes me like them even less.

Million dollar tickets being sold to Las Vegas and it could be the worst race of all time
One think I have noticed about the Americans (massive generalistion here) is that they go ALL IN and I think F1 is just a current thing to go mad over. I have seen on tiktok people buying crazy outfits for the Eras tour which blows my mind a bit, it’s a concert just wear jeans, comfy shoes and a small bag. Is it an excuse to spend money or another example of the American go big or go home mentality.

Reactions: 7
Saturday night quali. Let's go 🀣

I realise this looks a bit sad. My viewing buddy didn't want one yet... But maybe after Q1 πŸ˜…
20230506_195330.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg, omg, omg! You're back, are you OK? ❀
I had decided that if I didn't see anything from you tonight, I'd slide into your dms and do a welfare check πŸ˜‚
It’s just been a bit manic irl and raising four kittens has been more demanding than I thought so Tattle took a backseat! πŸ˜… Missed you all though! πŸ’œ

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s just been a bit manic irl and raising four kittens has been more demanding than I thought so Tattle took a backseat! πŸ˜… Missed you all though! πŸ’œ
I figured that the kittens had been a handfulπŸ˜‚ Good thing they're cute, though 😍

I've seriously been thinking about sending you a message multiple times a day, but just forgotten to do it πŸ˜‚ Happy you're back❀ You've been missed!
We also need you to have a talk with your man about his hairπŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys, I can’t defend Pierre and that hairline. Or the horrific jumper. Someone make him take a step back from Kika cos the ick arrives whenever she’s in his vicinity and that can’t be a coincidence 🀣

Free kitten content for my fellow cat lovers πŸ’œ

1683400330767.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I honestly don't really get why everyone is complaining about influencers now. I mean it is very common for them to go to events, concerts, games in every sports so i don't know why everyone is getting mad for this. Does it makes me roll my eyes? Sure because some of them are so clueless it hurts and i wish there were more f1 content creators/influencers invited here. But at the same time, we also have this in Monaco every year since i don't know when and nobody says anything so πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Guys, I can’t defend Pierre and that hairline. Or the horrific jumper. Someone make him take a step back from Kika cos the ick arrives whenever she’s in his vicinity and that can’t be a coincidence 🀣

Free kitten content for my fellow cat lovers πŸ’œ

View attachment 2153082
HAND THE KITTENS OVER TO ME!

I'll take them both😍 Love the colors of them, just the type I'm looking for if I'm ever getting a cat πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.