F1 Chatter #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm second šŸ˜± Didn't expect that. I did crap last year.
reminder that it's only 1 race in

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So so happy for Callum and Marcus in Indy last night very excited to see how this season is going to go

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He'll still be wittering on about 2016 when he's in his 70s
And he still won that year šŸ˜‚
Isnā€™t it interesting that a lot of successful drivers arenā€™t popular in their early days (Seb, Lewis, probably Max, Schumi) and are then gaining popularity with growing up and been in their 30ā€˜s?

spend a ā€žfortuneā€œ at the dentist for my first tooth crown (getting old) and just noticed that rain & thunderstorm are forecast for my Jordan vacation (right when we are in the desert)..already missing the next race and now the weather isnā€™t as great :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 7
you have no idea how much money i would pay for a big sit down interview with lewis and nico.

i know lewis would obviously never do it (nico obviously would) but i just have to know how it all went down. and if nico regrets it. itā€™s a friendship fallout taken from a greek tragedy tbh. pierre and esteban can only dream of similar vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not sure who is more to blame for it - probably both, and totally agree.
One of the things we need when Lewis retires, Netflix special coming up? Could also be a great marketing tool for the movie Lewis is co-producer about F1 (and they apparently start shooting soon)

Reactions: 4
One of the things we need when Lewis retires, Netflix special coming up? Could also be a great marketing tool for the movie Lewis is co-producer about F1 (and they apparently start shooting soon)
I don't blame Nico at all for gunning for WDC...who wants to be known for being a 2nd driver? History books don't care about runners up. Plus he had a WDC father (who Bottas seems to be modeling himself on these days šŸ¤£) ...quite the legacy to live up to. The issue is, he seemed to think Lewis would just be fine with it. As if.

Reactions: 3
i think nico crossed the line tbh, he mentioned in a few interviews basically using psychological manipulation on lewis (strong wording but i donā€™t think it was untrue!)

i also always got the vibe that their friendship meant a huge deal to lewis (as someone who now doesnā€™t seem to seek out that kind of vibe with a fellow driver now) and that lewis was invited into their family as a kid and on holidays etc. it probably did feel like a betrayal to him, in how nico went about it.

i guess another reason why close friends shouldnā€™t really end up as teammates! it would take a really strong/secure friendship to be able to weather that (note to charles/pierre george/alex etc šŸ¤£)

• Sad
The rumours are always Nico was far more to blame but both could probably have prevented it. But when you think Nico barely spoke to his own family and his kid used to (apparently) walk around with her hand over her mouth so she didnā€™t ā€œdisturb himā€ it shows who took it too far šŸ˜­
---
i think nico crossed the line tbh, he mentioned in a few interviews basically using psychological manipulation on lewis (strong wording but i donā€™t think it was untrue!)

i also always got the vibe that their friendship meant a huge deal to lewis (as someone who now doesnā€™t seem to seek out that kind of vibe with a fellow driver now) and that lewis was invited into their family as a kid and on holidays etc. it probably did feel like a betrayal to him, in how nico went about it.

i guess another reason why close friends shouldnā€™t really end up as teammates! it would take a really strong/secure friendship to be able to weather that (note to charles/pierre george/alex etc šŸ¤£)
Youā€™re completely right about the betrayal. Just in that lie detector thing he did he was asked who his favourite ever teammate was and he said Valtteri, for a number of reasons but one was ā€œbecause there were never any gamesā€. Nico playing games, lying, manipulating etc really hurt him because I think he always thought if nothing else theyā€™d be honest with each other

Reactions: 6
The rumours are always Nico was far more to blame but both could probably have prevented it. But when you think Nico barely spoke to his own family and his kid used to (apparently) walk around with her hand over her mouth so she didnā€™t ā€œdisturb himā€ it shows who took it too far šŸ˜­
---

Youā€™re completely right about the betrayal. Just in that lie detector thing he did he was asked who his favourite ever teammate was and he said Valtteri, for a number of reasons but one was ā€œbecause there were never any gamesā€. Nico playing games, lying, manipulating etc really hurt him because I think he always thought if nothing else theyā€™d be honest with each other
Nico has always come across as a rat. I think Lewis fan or not he is quite upfront and if youā€™re close to him would be honest, I think him and Toto for example have a very frank relationship. I think the nastiness and backstabbing hurt him.
---
Nico has always come across as a rat. I think Lewis fan or not he is quite upfront and if youā€™re close to him would be honest, I think him and Toto for example have a very frank relationship. I think the nastiness and backstabbing hurt him.
Also heā€™s really bleeping shiny šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
---

NOT a Nico apologist at all but....we all want Checo to fight Max, right? 2nd driver is a tit place to be. Lewis, as much as I love him, did the same thing to Alonso IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR! Everyone would have cheered DR on if he'd beaten Lando last year. You can't blame racing drivers for wanting to be winners. It's why I love Multi 21 (one of the sexiest Seb moments ever and I will die on that hill). Let's not pretend Lewis doesn't manipulate...Jenson Button telemetry drama anyone????? The issue with Nico is, imo, he retired and never made it right with Lewis. It's not the winning, it's the winning and not dealing with the fallout that's the problem.
@Rayne take note. I'm standing by ya man #inmyvillainera

• Heart
Reactions: 8
NOT a Nico apologist at all but....we all want Checo to fight Max, right? 2nd driver is a tit place to be. Lewis, as much as I love him, did the same thing to Alonso IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR! Everyone would have cheered DR on if he'd beaten Lando last year. You can't blame racing drivers for wanting to be winners. It's why I love Multi 21 (one of the sexiest Seb moments ever and I will die on that hill). Let's not pretend Lewis doesn't manipulate...Jenson Button telemetry drama anyone????? The issue with Nico is, imo, he retired and never made it right with Lewis. It's not the winning, it's the winning and not dealing with the fallout that's the problem.
@Rayne take note. I'm standing by ya man #inmyvillainera
The issue was the friendship they had. Fernando was nasty from the get go with Lewis, probably thought because he was a rookie he wouldnā€™t pose a threat to him and as soon as he did he did everything he could to make him uncomfortable so Alonso deserved everything he got. And Jenson, I never got the vibe him and Lewis got along at all tbh which is strange but šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Nico was like the one person in a very lonely environment that Lewis trusted and even from the stuff we know, and itā€™s pretty clear thereā€™s a lot we donā€™t, he stabbed him in the back massively. I donā€™t see it as an issue when itā€™s just a teammate thing but when itā€™s a childhood friend, different gravy šŸ˜… it wasnā€™t just 2016 that was the issue either, Nico couldnā€™t handle lewis being better the minute Merc built a championship winning car, just look at Monaco 2014

Reactions: 3
Stewardle 259 3/6

šŸŸ„šŸŸ„ā¬‡ā¬‡ā¬†šŸŸ©
šŸŸ„šŸŸ„ā¬‡ā¬†ā¬‡šŸŸ©
šŸŸ©šŸŸ©šŸŸ©šŸŸ©šŸŸ©šŸŸ©

Reactions: 2
The only thing I want in this season is a no-rules-barred-cage-match between Lawrence Stroll and Nando, while Daniel will be the announcer. Heā€™ll only shout PIEERRRREEEEE GASLLYYYYYYY tho.

Another is a race where Yuki and his ex-hubby will be next to each other, with Nyck behind them.

• Haha
Aw poor little man. Do you support them as well? It was just dreadful.
Are there any other United fans on here?

Re Fantasy team if I switch Estie I just know he will have a good race next week. He must be pissed that Pierre got points yesterday in his first race for Alpine. Baguette wars may have kicked off!
Yes Iā€™m a United fan. I didnā€™t watch the match but my Flashscores kept going off.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.