Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Setraline saved my life. I had crippling anxiety where I couldn't even function daily. Was put on 50mg and gone up to 100mg recently because of breakthrough anxiety and I honestly wish I'd been on it 10 years ago.

Reactions: 4
50mg is a really low dose on Sertraline. For me (OCD and severe physical anxiety symptoms with low mood as a result) the therapeutic dose was 159mg - which is where the research suggests it should be according to my psychiatrist at the time. Maybe speak to your doctor @TapToBoreMeRigid to look at increasing x
I've just stumbled on this thread and that'ss is really interesting.

I've been on 50mg for 8 months and it has turned down the noise in my head and the constant cycling negative thoughts (I have cPTSD) but I still struggle to concentrate, get out of bed etc. and feel really low a lot of the time and don't have much quality of life, I just don't cry anymore 😂. I think I'll speak to my GP about upping my dose.

I have now been upped to 100mg. For reference I have cPTSD, depression, anxiety, OCD, dermatillomania and disordered eating/bulimia. I also have BPD which affects my mental health greatly.

I need this medicine to work. I've been put on it because my previous one wasn't pregnancy safe and we are having fertility treatment soon. It was supposed to be the second week in December but I've had to defer it for 12w because of my poor mental health.

I need to reach the top of the therapy list to restart EMDR. It was going so well then covid hit.

Love to all from me - I'm a sweaty mess having just woken up 😂 I will happily take the sweats if I can find some peace. I'm constantly torn between feeling I would be better dead and being terrified of ceasing to exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have now been upped to 100mg. For reference I have cPTSD, depression, anxiety, OCD, dermatillomania and disordered eating/bulimia. I also have BPD which affects my mental health greatly.

I need this medicine to work. I've been put on it because my previous one wasn't pregnancy safe and we are having fertility treatment soon. It was supposed to be the second week in December but I've had to defer it for 12w because of my poor mental health.

I need to reach the top of the therapy list to restart EMDR. It was going so well then covid hit.

Love to all from me - I'm a sweaty mess having just woken up 😂 I will happily take the sweats if I can find some peace. I'm constantly torn between feeling I would be better dead and being terrified of ceasing to exist.
I really hope it works for you and good luck with the fertility treatment.

Your last sentence is me summed up. Absolute existential terror mixed with suicidal ideation. Make it make sense! 😭

I'm a skin picker too and was about to start EMDR but ran out of money for it just before the pandemic hit 🙁.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@nothanksbabes I'm so fortunate I was able to do mood work and one full on EMDR session on the NHS. It took so much prep just to get me ready for it. We tried to continue via the net but I'm one of those people for whom the finger movement is front of the eye didn't work. Instead I had to shut my eyes and have the therapist tap my knees...bizarrely it makes your eyes move.

I hope you are in a position to get EMDR one day. The memory we did work on and process is now completely benign when it comes to mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The headaches stopped after the first two weeks for me, the sickness took a long time to settle.
I tried taking them in the morning but just felt too alert and by night I couldn’t switch off at all. I then tried at night but found myself feeling very out of it by the morning. My pupils were so large, and I felt very irrational. I don’t know what to do :(
I’ve taken it at midday, found the tiredness kicked in early evening but least husband was home to help with kids. I found taking them at night gave insomnia (tried as early as 5pm all the way up to 10pm) so then switched to 8am but would crash tiredness wise at midday but less insomnia. So currently doing half at 8am and half at 8pm. It’s been my most balanced approach so far. Doctor said sometimes you have to decide if the benefits outweighs the cons and for me they do. It’s a personal choice. I would say to anyone experiencing initial side effects to give it a good 2-3 weeks as lots of the initial side effects go away. I’ve been on 50mg for five months now.

I was put on sertraline for pmdd (pre menstral disphoric disorder) as well as general low mood after having my second child and it has made a huge difference. Feel like I was living a life in Grey before and now the colour is back. The pmdd is a million times better and now only have small dips which are significantly less, in fact this cycle I’d say I didn’t have any pmdd moments which is a huge huge relief for myself and my family so trying to accept I can’t have it all right now and just need to manage the insomnia

so maybe look at taking half a dose in the morning and half a dose in the evening?

I also find self hypnosis videos on YouTube very helpful for sleep/anxiety/stress before bed. Helps me to switch off. Look up minds in unison (used to be called Thomas hall) he does loads. Look for the 22 minuteones called ‘stop panic and anxiety’ or ‘sleep easy’. They have a blue thumbnail. Oo I may be able to post a link? I’ll see if I can

Recently upped my dose from 50mg to 75mg and shortly 100mg. Just waiting to pick up my new box of tablets. Needed to increase it after some bad news at home.

Not sure how I feel. I'm coping with the news better than everyone expected, but I'm not sure if I'm just being numbed? Is that a good thing?

Mornings are definitely the hardest, I used to be up about 8am, but now it's 1030 or 11am (if I have the opportunity to lie in) and I'm tempted to nap during the day.

• Heart
Setraline saved my life. I had crippling anxiety where I couldn't even function daily. Was put on 50mg and gone up to 100mg recently because of breakthrough anxiety and I honestly wish I'd been on it 10 years ago.
That’s amazing! May I ask specifically in what ways it helped?

Took my tablet again last night and felt like I couldn’t breathe. All night my stomach kept heaving 😣
I made the mistake of taking one without water or without enough water once and it was agony. I try and take them with plenty of water and not on an empty stomach and not immediately before lying down.

I take 200mg sertraline (alongside other medicines) and it has saved my life. Won't come off it ever.

• Heart
Sorry how do you mean?
I take both 100mg tablets at bedtime. With water? Idk if that's what you mean
Yes, that’s what I mean. I took it at night yesterday without water and I’m suffering. If I take it at night, I can’t really fall asleep. Not sure what to do again.

Yes, that’s what I mean. I took it at night yesterday without water and I’m suffering. If I take it at night, I can’t really fall asleep. Not sure what to do again.
When I was in hospital the recommended times were to take half a dose at 1pm and the next by 10pm.
But I also take quietapine alongside, so I'm always usually knocked out afterwards