Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else suffered with unexplained bruising whilst taking this? I look like I’ve been beaten up at times and although I am clumsy at times my bruising is that bad I’d of remembered if I’d walked into something to cause it. My doctor has suggested lowering my dosage and coming off this to see what happens as I’ve been for blood tests and there is nothing of great concern and he wasn’t to see if coming off will help. I’m in a good place at the moment but instantly know one bad knock to my confidence I will struggle if I come off completely.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone else suffered with unexplained bruising whilst taking this? I look like I’ve been beaten up at times and although I am clumsy at times my bruising is that bad I’d of remembered if I’d walked into something to cause it. My doctor has suggested lowering my dosage and coming off this to see what happens as I’ve been for blood tests and there is nothing of great concern and he wasn’t to see if coming off will help. I’m in a good place at the moment but instantly know one bad knock to my confidence I will struggle if I come off completely.
I get a lot of bruises, some quite bad. I had a load of blood tests done a few years back (while on Sertraline and Propranolol) and everything came back normal. I don’t know if there’s a link with Sertraline - I hadn’t thought about that

I get a lot of bruises, some quite bad. I had a load of blood tests done a few years back (while on Sertraline and Propranolol) and everything came back normal. I don’t know if there’s a link with Sertraline - I hadn’t thought about that
Mine have been pretty horrendous
CE8E3A9A-12C1-4A09-9712-EC333B789CDF.jpeg
B7161F90-3155-41FB-B06D-C2CF0E75FD71.jpeg

(Excuse the chubby thighs 😂) these are just a couple of examples of the bruising I’ve been getting.

They’re not chubby thighs!
They look similar to the bruises I get. Very strange but I don’t know if it’s linked to the medication🤷‍♀️. Let us know if they stop if you do reduce your medication.

sorry for the manky bruise pictures everyone!
Oh wow yes they look very similar! I’ve had the haematology department hospital review my bloods and they are not greatly concerned due to the sertraline. I’m just so anxious about coming off them to see if the bruising subsides 😬😬😬

I was on Sertraline for about 3 months but found it absolutely horrendous. I felt constantly hungover and dehydrated (no alcohol during this time) and yes, bruised like a peach for no reason. Everyone is different but if anyone asked me if they should go on it I would beg them not to and to speak to their GP about alternatives

I seem to be getting over the side effects now. No nausea anymore and I have my appetite back, but I wouldn't say they have started helping me yet

I’ve just started these 3 weeks ago and have been so tired on them had a sicky tummy the first week or so and lost my appetite a bit but that’s went away now but still feel so lethargic and tired all the time and I have a 5 month old so can’t be dealing with being tired constantly. I’ve my 3 week review on them tomorrow so gonna mention it to the doctor

I am covered in them! Have read this is a side effect

So pleased I’m not alone in this brusing. I try not to read the side effects as it will just add to my anxiety. Will speak to the doctor again soon as it must ultimately be sertraline causing this and see what he suggests. Like can I live with looking like I’ve been beaten up as these really do help with my everyday mood and thankfully my dr is so understanding with my mental health.

I'm still suffering with night sweats and overheating, it's the only side effect I'm still experiencing - though I had them before starting Sertraline, it's just now it is every night.

How long until I should expect it to settle down?

Have been prescribed this for the first time, nervous about the side effects.

just started taking this again after a break as about to start uni. it’s insane how quickly i get side effects after taking one, especially at night with immediate nausea. i’ve been taking them at night the past 3 days and couldn’t sleep all night so today i switched to taking them in the morning.

even aside from the sudden nausea and not being able to sleep, just like before my throat is now always dry and drinking just doesn’t even do anything. i’m also sweating a lot and wasn’t before

i’m pretty sure last time they did go away so hopefully these will too and hopefully not too long

Have been prescribed this for the first time, nervous about the side effects.
My side effects lasted about two weeks, the first few days being the worst in terms of nausea and loss of appetite

I had night sweats for a while but that seems to have settled - it was also hot at the time and very humid, and I wasn't living in this place last summer so can't compare if it is just because this place may be warmer 🤷

Started 7 days ago on 50mg. Very bad intrusive thoughts and anxiety/OCD relapse after coming off a med which had stopped working for me. Chose this one as we are TTC.

Dizzy, headaches and nausea for the first 6 days. Sweating too. Have just tried to sleep through it but it has been hard due to the anxiety.

Oh I hope this works. I'm 35 and have been on some form of med since I was 15.

I took sertraline a couple of years ago for several months. I had no side effects just dizziness for the first couple days but to be honest I don’t think it worked for me.

I’ve been struggling to stay awake during the days so I’m going to start taking it at night and see if that makes a difference.

I suffer quite badly with restless leg syndrome and sertraline made it a hundred times worse, making me more tired, depressed and irritable. A lot of these types of drugs make RLS symptoms worse it’s so bloody frustrating.

I’ve been taking setraline for 3 weeks and I don’t feel any different whatsoever, should I be feeling any different by now? 🥺
I’ve also had zero side effects apart from feeling slightly more tired 🤷🏼‍♀️