Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She‘s delusional if she thinks she‘s going to Spain anytime soon.

In her situation I would make sure to enroll in a language course asap, and then maybe think about my options in the summer.

Reactions: 13
She’s still got like 8 months before her next year at Oxford starts, like the person above says, she should do some language courses at home atm and then see what the situation is like in a few months and she would still be able to be over there for 3 months

Reactions: 12
We’re into mid-January now, how long is she going to talk about trying to get into Spain before accepting that she didn’t get into Spain?

Reactions: 12
I’m not English myself but her accent sounds so different in her new vlog especially when she’s in the shopping centre. Reminded me of her video where she explained how her accent changes depending in where she is/who she is surrounded with. Is this only strange to me?

Reactions: 3
Literally like this vlog is obviously week and a half old but like yeah, I think she just needs to move on from Spain now.

Reactions: 1
If the cohort previous to her were able to "complete" their year abroad over the summer I'm not sure what's stopping her from doing the same? Or looking into her options for a remote internship she'd be able to complete at home? Her reasoning for going to Spain was that she has an internship that HAS to be done in person, so she NEEDED to travel for it, but she's forgetting that her first internship in Berlin was almost completely remote, and she just sat in her apartment in Berlin for it. 😐

Reactions: 10
I’m not English myself but her accent sounds so different in her new vlog especially when she’s in the shopping centre. Reminded me of her video where she explained how her accent changes depending in where she is/who she is surrounded with. Is this only strange to me?
From my experience it’s fairly common with lots of uni students. I know my accent toned down a lot when I was at uni because people literally didn’t understand me unless they were from a similar area, but when I went back home it went back to normal.

With Eve though I feel like it’s more put on for effect, rather than just trying to make your life easier by not having to repeat every word 🤣

Reactions: 4
Creasing at this comment

What a great point though, she really is everything she pretends to hate

Screenshot_20210116-125347.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
tbh I don't think its strange I'm from Northumberland and go to uni in Bristol, my accent is super different depending on where I am now. the same thing happened with my sisters after they went to Liverpool and Edinburgh

Reactions: 1
tbh I don't think its strange I'm from Northumberland and go to uni in Bristol, my accent is super different depending on where I am now. the same thing happened with my sisters after they went to Liverpool and Edinburgh
Fair enough thank you for your point! I’m from Germany and I didn’t grew up with a particular strong dialect but I notice myself when I’m in the city I go to uni at I try to speak more standard German and at home my regional dialect comes through more naturally so maybe it’s actually similar to your accents

Reactions: 4
eve bennett #2: pretending to be an academic so she can travel abroad during a pandemic. borrowed from the one i submitted for Jade's newest thread a few days ago but it still fits

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Eve Bennett #2: Had my birthday in lockdown, don't you know. Spain in a pandemic? I need to go!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Eve's definition of a salad at 10:55 in her "get productive with me" vlog: 1/6 of the plate = a few lettuce leaves, 1/3 of the plate = multiple slices of ham, with a big dollop of coleslaw. 😅 And then a fish finger sandwich

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Eve's definition of a salad at 10:55 in her "get productive with me" vlog: 1/6 of the plate = a few lettuce leaves, 1/3 of the plate = multiple slices of ham, with a big dollop of coleslaw. 😅 And then a fish finger sandwich
Her diet is completely shocking.

Reactions: 2
her swap with molly was quite annoying, she kept sort of digging at the idea that molly's life is less busy/high brow/academic than her own. weird vibes

Reactions: 19
her swap with molly was quite annoying, she kept sort of digging at the idea that molly's life is less busy/high brow/academic than her own. weird vibes
It just felt stupid. It exposed exactly how little Molly does in a day and Eve had a weird superiority complex over Molly.

Reactions: 18
It just felt stupid. It exposed exactly how little Molly does in a day and Eve had a weird superiority complex over Molly.
I felt uncomfortable when Eve was talking about the podcast Molly listens to like she kept saying how she prefers “news and current affairs podcasts”, it just sounded so snobby. And how Eve decided to watch the news in the morning... she could’ve just sent her a quick message asking oh what do you do in the morning while eating breakfast. Also the comments about loose women like please eve 😫 not everything has to be academic

Reactions: 20
I felt uncomfortable when Eve was talking about the podcast Molly listens to like she kept saying how she prefers “news and current affairs podcasts”, it just sounded so snobby. And how Eve decided to watch the news in the morning... she could’ve just sent her a quick message asking oh what do you do in the morning while eating breakfast. Also the comments about loose women like please eve 😫 not everything has to be academic
I just felt like Molly tried to be like eve, but eve didn’t try to be Molly, she just did what she want, like she couldn’t even do stuff for a short while

Reactions: 14
She’s so condescending it’s very difficult to watch.

what’s her obsession with the phrase “we move” 😂
I watched some of her Berlin vlogs this weekend and god she’s annoying, apart from being on the defensive 99% of the time her ego is off the chart.

but “we move, we grow” right 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Molly's video should be titled 'I pretended to drink diet coke like Eve Bennett for a day' and Eve's video should be titled 'I tried really hard to not think critically for a day to be like Molly'

Edit: obviously don't agree with Eve's narrow-mindedness about academia = having a superior brain but that was the vibe she was giving off...but we move :)))))))

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.