Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Israel should never have been allowed to participate imho. Selective by the EBU, perhaps as they are a sponsor they turned a blind eye.

Bambi Thug should just stfu with her histrionics. If she felt so strongly, she shouldn't have participated, perhaps hold a press conference stating why and get on with her career and the subsequent publicity off the back of the EuroV stance.

Likewise Olly, if he was so afraid, depressed and not enjoying the experience, he shouldn't have participated, moreover don't give a repellent, vulgar badly sung performance and have it excused for the reasons mentioned.

He was absolutely atrocious & in the vernacular that is used these days...."own it Olly" and learn and grow from it":rolleyes:

I enjoyed the interaction with you all last night and it made for a really enjoyable Eurovision for me at least. ♥

I loved Croatia's Baby Lasagna and wished they had won but all in all I can live with, what I suspect is another attention non binary irritant winning.;)

• Heart
Reactions: 14

TheStrawberryThief

A bit late to comment but...

I felt like there were to many acts that felt very similar this year, it felt like there were a lot of solo female singers surrounded by male dancers who just stalked around the stage in a sexy way. There were exceptions to that, but it felt like lots of songs that were very similar and only a few outliers that went for something different. The show can't help who enters, but I think it just was not as entertaining as normal.

Nemo seems a sweet person, I did think their costume was very silly though. I am not 100% sold on the song. The O O O sounds very ear wormy and there was some impressive singing, but I thought the lyrics were very clunky and basic in parts.

I think Ollie is getting a lot of slagging off in the media this morning, which is unfair. Lots of media outlets seem to be just concentrating on the 0 audience votes and not his judge votes, making people think he had 0 points and came last.

I thought that his staging was really interesting, very different to anything we have done before. I think that it wouldn't have gone over well with viewers as eurovision often has a more campy or silly/light tone when things are meant to be sexual, and this came across as rather raunchy compared to a lot of other acts. It was a good concept but not right for the show.

I am also wondering if it was conceived as a f-you to the the trope of sending boys to boxing to make them manly.

I was shocked that Estonia did so poorly. Maybe people just forgot about them.

Last edited:

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I‘m torn on the juries, always have been. Years with only public vote were always incredibly frustrating too, people tend to forget that. The block voting of Scandinavian, Baltic and Eastern European states was sometimes out of control back then, which is why they re-introduced the juries and mixed them with the public votes. Juries aren’t that much better either though, since they often declare a favorite and just all vote for them.
But all of you UK Eurovision fans, let’s not forget that Sam would have placed fifth without the jury votes 😁 so you can thank them for getting the show last year 😉

I can’t say what happened with this incredible public reward for Israel, if it was real or bot voting. But the juries certainly did not award that Loreen wannabe. She would have come second without them.

vasilissa

sadly i think this was the last year watching the eurovision for me. even with 12 points from almost every jury for switzerland, we had the most points from the televote (with quite a huge difference from switzerland). marko deserved to win and he has been so humble and gracious. he is my winner ❤
we won't love him any less. we CAME IN SECOND! cmon that is awesome!🇭🇷🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 13

thegirlscout

VIP Member

poor Joost

seems that the EBU have proper fucked this up.

apparently he wears headphones all the time to give himself calm from everything going on. A sensitive guy.

#JusticeForJoost
Poor Joost? A hashtag? Ye gods, the man said he raised his arm with a fist and lunged at a photographer 🤦‍♀️

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Oh well there goes my sympathy for him. Nothing complicated about what's happening in Gaza, no two sides to a Genocide I'm afraid. Cry me a river Olly. The atrocities that occurred last night while this show was on and we are expected to feel sorry for these privileged pricks??

So he can cry you a river because death threats were effecting him but he didn't "do the right thing" and pull out.....just like all the other singers didn't?

If you want a privileged prick look no further than the Irish entry. Off her head straight woman masquerading as queer non binary.

Humphrey Rudge

Chatty Member
Would be interesting to see who was on the jury. Their results compared to the public results showed they are so out of touch with the British public. How on earth they can justify giving Portugal 12 points and Israel no points is astonishing. Israel was a huge hit with the public all over Europe with many countries giving them 10 or 12 points.

public.jpg

• Sick

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I just think those who found Israel being in it should have actually boycotted rather than being a dick to the girl. It just got Israel more votes as she seemed to remain composed whilst others did the drama.
And if the dutch guy has actually done something criminal then fuck him.

People can be pro or anti Israel but I don’t like hypocrisy.

• Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I find the public vote very suspect. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but Ireland gave 10 points to Israel in the public vote? Now I can’ t speak on behalf of everyone in the country, but no one I know is pro-Israel, and we are famously, past and present, the most pro-Palestinian country in Europe, due to our own past. I just cannot see how see would score them at all, and we have a miniscule amount of Jews in Ireland. It’s almost an obvious FU from Israel.
I think perhaps people who were on the fence voted for them becasuse they are sick of protestors who seem to be self absorbed. Other reason could be that peoole support them.

The biggest mistake surely learned from brexit is that you can’t assume everyone thinks the same way.

• Heart

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
Aw I love this!!! This is what it's all about!! 🩷🩷

The postcards were really shit this year too, they gave us nothing. The Irish one looked really cool but gave no context. Disappointing. I love learning new things about the different countries.
Part of the fun of postcards is actually learning about the host country, their traditions, their food, showing off unusual places.
This year was budget postcards, in fact the whole thing seemd budget

• Heart
Maybe I'm not the only one super impressed by the satellite/lazy Susan performance. I like the song it had moments of James Bondesque theme. It not sure he should have one compared to other acts but I didn't mind him winning based upon his singing.

The last performance "rave", the one with the silver thigh boots was one of the worst of the night.
Olly was exceedingly terrible - the song, the singing, the grubby performance.
ABBA holograms were pointless addition.
(So was the Malins MIL joke - and if that was her highlights of choreography contribution, um let's not showcase them!)
I know we're not expecting folksy music, but I love it when countries sing in their own language and reference their heritage be it musically or dance wise.
The ABBA holograms were weird and pointless.... they should have sang not had a weird chit chat using them... So odd

AttentionSeeker

I honestly can’t with these jury votes. Do they just open a bag of farts and sniff them first thing in the morning to numb their senses? Get me a fat PIMMS and a dark room I can’t cope

• Haha

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I didn't like that the voting was open before everyone had sung this year. That might have given a slight advantage to acts on early and a lot of people don't watch the semis just the main show.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Would be interesting to see who was on the jury. Their results compared to the public results showed they are so out of touch with the British public. How on earth they can justify giving Portugal 12 points and Israel no points is astonishing. Israel was a huge hit with the public all over Europe with many countries giving them 10 or 12 points.

View attachment 2930549
We all know the Israel and Ukraine votes weren’t just because the songs were big hits