Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I would looove to have an actual discussion about Bambie and people's thoughts on how they've been presenting themselves throughout the contest but this just ain't it

Like it makes me laugh that they spent the week speaking out about the censorship and the whole situation with having Israel there, but then it comes to the actual final and the most they do is have a watermelon pillow with them and relate everything they say back to their gender-identity. It's coming off as trying to use the whole situation to gain the protest vote 🤭
But that's exactly what it is. All this painting their nails different colours, writing ceasefire in ogham writing 🙄, crying about people telling them they are complicite by performing, saying "peace now" and expecting the world and it's mother to pat them on the back!? I don't get it. Just preform and be quite about it or make a stand and actually do something. Or walk. They all had choices.

It's so weak willed, I have no patience for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Either way we never did very well out of it 😂
If I recall Sonia was pre-selected as our representative in 1993 and there was a programme where viewers voted which song she was going to perform at the contest. She ended up coming 2nd at Eurovision missing out on the top spot by 1 point

• Wow
Also, Sam was completely unironic about the whole thing. He looked like he was having the time of his life and was totally on board with Eurovision. He actually took it seriously. Whereas a lot of British acts come across as being a bit above it all, like Eurovision is beneath them or something. Even Olly gave the impression at times that, as an established act, he would just swoop in and wow everyone, like Eurovision was his for the taking. Audiences don’t like that.
You put my thoughts into words! That's exactly how I felt about Olly.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Is Switzerland very expensive then? I keep seeing a lot of comments saying it
It's one of the most expensive countries to visit as a tourist

Olly never really came off as likeable to me, he's honestly just missing from a lot of the press and fan videos completely this year

kevin1223

The last performance "rave", the one with the silver thigh boots was one of the worst of the night.
See I thought that was one of the best songs of the night. Complete banger and deserved to do so much better . It's top ten on UK iTunes chart

• Heart

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
If all these “super power” leaders can’t fix what’s going off in Palestine I don’t see what a few singers in a song contest can do other than show their support and spread the message the best they can. I’m not sure what a mass walk out would’ve achieved really. The whole show is cancelled? Yeah it would’ve sent a message but it would’ve also been spinned let’s face it “we can’t even have an innocent song competion anymore etc”. Maybe Israel should have stepped down but we know that’s never happen, maybe they should’ve been disqualified and then there’d have been antisemitism calls. I think the whole think was rock and a hard place really.
Oh I completely agree, if our political leaders had anything like a workable strategy to deal with these horrendous wars in places like Gaza, then we wouldnt be getting into this kind of mess, where what should be an innocuous song contest is being held up to account for the failure of world leaders!

Only what is extremely sad, is how complicated and fragile the whole situation is. The general public is told so little about what is actually going on in places like The Ukraine, or Gaza, or the West Bank, or in the Red Sea, or in Azerbijan....etc etc.....the news is extremely selective about what we the public are actually being told. Which is scary in itself. Both Israel and Azerbijan should have been banned this year. As Russia was a few years ago. The information on the Gaza conflict on here contains some absolutely horrendous photos...

But then what gets even worse is if Eurovision is then used as a propaganda source by the Israeli government, to assume and tell the Israeli people that all of Europe is behind Israel and their genocide and atrocious war in Gaza. As shown by mass European popular support for the Israeli entry and for The Ukraine.

I have no issue at all in separating governments from the innocent people who just happen to live in a country, and that applies to both Israel and Palestine. But I do think the Israeli government are currently behaving absolutely appallingly and destroying Gaza- and I am not happy with Eurovision effectively being hijacked by Israel as a propaganda tool. (and I am sorry I do believe that Israel ....as a country ...did deliberately set out to use Eurovision for political ends, and something is very dodgy in the public voting!)

• Heart
  • Sad

Merpedy

VIP Member
Ah yes totally normal commentary:

(Tbf this one is sort of funny. So it the Ukrainian one)

And there’s more - it’s a whole thread. Idk how it’s allowed for countries to be pointing out who likes them and who doesn’t as if it’s not meant to influence the public voting

• Angry
  • Wow

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Hes been receiving death threats at home, as in posted to his actual home, his mum has been as well, he has been regularly followed and harrassed when out and about. He loves eurovision, but he has hated it for the last few months.

Death threats and hate from the ever tolerant far left BeKind gang? What a shock. Monsters the lot of them.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I think i said this on the NI thread yesterday but there is an Irish rap group called Kneecap who I disagree with mostly politically but they pulled out of coachella, probably at great personal cost because they disagreed with some of the sponsors. Bambie doesn’t give a fuck, it is crocodile tears.

Reactions: 11

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I used to be OBSESSED with Eurovision and I still pay to watch the Swedish song selection in Stockholm every year.

Will always go to the Swedish final but feel a bit done with Eurovision… it’s a carnival of banality and nonsense. Switzerland’s winner is absolute dreck.

• Haha

WordsFromReuben

VIP Member
How do they work out these points? So no one picked up the phone and voted for olly is that what it means? Seems odd 🧐

From Popbitch Second Serve
View attachment 2933718
Another statement from the ebu:

"The Dutch artist Joost Klein was disqualified from the Grand Final of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest following threatening behaviour directed at a female member of the production crew. Swedish police have investigated the offence, and the case will soon be handed over to the prosecutor in an accelerated procedure.

Joost’s behaviour was in clear breach of Contest rules which are designed to ensure there is a safe working environment for all staff and to protect the production. We are not pre-judging the legal process but, given the circumstances of what occurred and the fact that the police case will shortly be handed to the prosecutor, it would not have been appropriate for Joost to participate in the Grand Final.

The decision to exclude him was backed by the Contest’s governing body of Members – the Eurovision Song Contest Reference Group – and unanimously supported by the EBU Executive Board, following a thorough internal investigation.

The version of events released in some public comments and on social media does not correspond with the statements shared with us and the Swedish Police by staff and witnesses. However, the matter is now subject to legal proceedings and there is unfortunately nothing further we can add at this stage.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards inappropriate behaviour at our events and will always take necessary action to address threats to staff – no matter who they come from."

Vanelope

VIP Member
Olly did an objectively bad performance and deserved 0

jury vote was on a different maybe better performance was tonight it was pants