Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
Well done Switzerland. 🇨🇭 ❤ 🤍
I’m glad the public got behind Eden though she did really well and 5th is very good all considered. Nice results. 💫
---

Yes! She won for Switzerland 🇨🇭 I had to google it too. 🤣
She’s not been very well lately but I’d say there’s at least a chance she’ll show up to next year’s contest.

Unlike those ABBA fuckers …

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Tublet83

VIP Member
This has been the worst Eurovision for a long time, hope whoever wins is a better host

Hes been receiving death threats at home, as in posted to his actual home, his mum has been as well, he has been regularly followed and harrassed when out and about. He loves eurovision, but he has hated it for the last few months.
Yeah that’s what I have a real problem with.

When it spreads to that level, the motivations of those doing that are very very questionable to me. Harrassing people for living their lives, going after their families, targeting them relentlessly is not an acceptable way to try to gain support for your cause. I think that’s also part of why Israel had support, not just “those evil zionists and gammons” but people sick of others trying to force them and others to come into line and abusing anyone who doesn’t do exactly what they say.

I really feel for Olly on that in particular, and the other entrants who didn’t sign up to have people abuse them and try to force them into vocalising views they may or may not share and being a figurehead for it. If they choose too, like Bambi, fine and all power to them but not everyone always has to take a public stand on everything whether or not it’s the social media outrage trend of the week.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think France are a bit like how the U.K. were a few years ago and are a bit embarrassed about Eurovision. They’ve done well in recent years though and their guy last night easily had the best voice.

I noticed on Twitter a lot of gammon types were watching, presumably just so they could make a point and vote for Isreal 🙄, and they were so offended by all the trans and non binary flags and overtly LGBT stuff. Like hello it’s fucking Eurovision what to do you expect 😂

Windermere

VIP Member
UK zero points in the televote.. shocking but not really when you think about it, I don't think it was memorable at all, it wasn't bad either though, kinda just meh.. tbh I wouldn't have picked up the phone for it either

Can we just send a good vocalist next year with a clear message

Reactions: 14

Sibz

VIP Member
What is the the point of one hour of jury vote when it will all change in the last 2 mins with public vote?

Merpedy

VIP Member
If you want a privileged prick look no further than the Irish entry. Off her head straight woman masquerading as queer non binary.
I would looove to have an actual discussion about Bambie and people's thoughts on how they've been presenting themselves throughout the contest but this just ain't it

Like it makes me laugh that they spent the week speaking out about the censorship and the whole situation with having Israel there, but then it comes to the actual final and the most they do is have a watermelon pillow with them and relate everything they say back to their gender-identity. It's coming off as trying to use the whole situation to gain the protest vote 🤭

• Heart
I didn't like that the voting was open before everyone had sung this year. That might have given a slight advantage to acts on early and a lot of people don't watch the semis just the main show.
I thought that was a real disadvantage to the acts towards the end, and all it was was a cash grab by the EBU. It didn't speed up the voting process in any way it just lined their pockets by giving people longer to vote.

Merpedy

VIP Member
The problem may well be that a lot of delegations aren't going to be able to afford accommodation, food, transport and other costs on top of the costs for actually performing on that stage (props, effects, whatever)

These delegations, like most Eurovision fans, are going to be there for more or less the whole week and delegations can be pretty big. Some countries apparently require their artists to pay towards things out of their own pockets too

I know someone who has the same manager as him. Apparently he was really really struggling because of all the criticism he was getting back home for not boycotting. The BBC also shielded him from doing much press up until the last few weeks when it was necessary to avoid over exposure/ having to deal with lord hate.Even the posts he been putting up on instagram/tik tok has been posted on his behalf by his management as he deleted all social media on his phone during this period.
Look, I appreciate that but there are many other artists under similar pressure that still managed to have some sort of online presence before/during the contest with press and generally being seen out and about

I think if he'd have competed before Sam Ryder (The Human Labrador Puppy) the UK public would've been delighted with his 49 points (even if it was zero public ones) - it would've just been the same old "nobody likes us, we'll never win blah blah blah".

Unfortunately for Olly, Sam proved that we absolutely could win (even though he didn't) if we send the right person with the right backing and the right staging.
I class Sam as having won to be fair. Nobody could win against Ukraine and their vote wasn’t about the music, Ukraine got the support to me and Sam won the contest hence us hosting it. (Though we have a history of stepping in to host so I don’t agree with those who say it was a fix to make sure we came second to host - I think even if we’d been last there was a good chance the contest would have been in the UK not Ukraine unless the second place was another of the big 5).

We can definitely win, just need to get someone decent again with good staging. Less Olly Alexander and more universal appeal - or just send Sam again for his chance to shine properly!

Last edited:

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
TBH I do think Olly was always a bit “Emperor’s new clothes”. I never liked the way the founding members / songwriters of Years and Years were ditched so he could launch it as a solo project. It left a really bad taste for me, because those guys really were talented. I suppose it was the record company that pushed it, I guess those lads didn’t fit the “image”, being a bit geeky and all, but when they ditched them, the song quality dropped off a cliff.
And then when Olly rushed to the papers immediately after Sam Ryder very nearly won, to complain about how he (Olly) hadn’t been in the running for Eurovision. As if he would have won it, unlike sad failure Sam, or something. I thought at the time, really? - you’re choosing to do this now, like a spoilt brat at a party when another kid is getting more attention?
Then all the crowing about how he’d do the “gayest ever” Eurovision, as if this would mean he’d romp home with the trophy. He really did have high expectations of how he would do in the competition. Only to stage some grotty outdated cottaging scenario, with a feeble song, sung badly, and with staging that just didn’t have impact.
I’ve watched it back a few times, and it really was terrible. Borderline unwatchable. I know people who like him will say he didn’t deserve the nil public vote, but honestly, having watched all the acts, he was not better than anyone else.
He was awful and imagine being beaten by a deranged woman screaming 😊

Bambie was appalling too and I just can't see any appeal whatsoever. Her witchy act looked like a college drama project. The screaming was horrible and the song completely unmemorable shit. Add to that her incomprehensible ramblings in interviews where she pretended to be edgy activist 🙄 but sounded a kid complaining about her teacher at school.

• Haha

peekachu

Chatty Member
Baby Lasagna was iconic ❤ Time to go to bed and forget about Eurovision for another year!

• Heart
  • Haha

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Yeah, the atmosphere probably wasn’t the same with the protests, but the show really dragged in the end. No party, no medley of past acts, some very forced and staged conversations. Petra was amazing last time, this time, she was over it halfway through.
I do wonder what the crowd in the arena got from Loreen flapping and wailing for ten minutes. Her performance might be quite intense in terms of needing core control and all, but she honestly just screams most of the time, no lyrics one could understand and the all that flapping. Take it away and there’s not much left. Imagine sitting there all the time …..