Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
I actually quite enjoyed watching Olly but I also think his performance was more “the brits” than Eurovision. It was just a bit too risqué for the audience. The problem for me was the song wasn’t great so the performance had to be a bit OTT to push it.

Reactions: 18

strawb

VIP Member
i'm sure @monza has already posted this but i haven't caught up yet - i couldn't help but cry to this, i'm so freakin proud of my country 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 17

londongirl2001

VIP Member
If you compare the usual amount of banter they have with the contestants during the final (think of Mika two years ago), last night they really tried to narrow it down to a very few short conversations. They were terrified that the artists would set the whole thing on fire. And when it comes to that, maybe it’s time for the EBU to do some serious rethinking of how they want this show to continue.
This year was a mess.

Sibz

VIP Member
Omg, I woke up this morning fully clothed (?) and the first thing I wanted to do was vomit (alcohol) 😞 back to sleep now!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Shoreditcher

I know someone who has the same manager as him. Apparently he was really really struggling because of all the criticism he was getting back home for not boycotting. The BBC also shielded him from doing much press up until the last few weeks when it was necessary to avoid over exposure/ having to deal with lord hate.Even the posts he been putting up on instagram/tik tok has been posted on his behalf by his management as he deleted all social media on his phone during this period.
Hes been receiving death threats at home, as in posted to his actual home, his mum has been as well, he has been regularly followed and harrassed when out and about. He loves eurovision, but he has hated it for the last few months.

• Sad
  • Wow

Codiaeum

VIP Member
It was just a shit song and a shit performance. The outfits were weird, the stage set up was weird (dirty bathroom as an aesthetic... really?) and it wasn't fun.

I love Olly and Years and Years but there is no conspiracy in relation to this, it was just really bad.
+1. nothing conspiracy or phobic about it, the entry was real just not good. The song even had potential, but the vocals were very bad and the staging didn’t help it either.
I also found the Greek entry quite bad, but I think the performance there saved it. Shame the same can’t be said about Olly.

kev1974

VIP Member

poor Joost

seems that the EBU have proper fucked this up.

apparently he wears headphones all the time to give himself calm from everything going on. A sensitive guy.

#JusticeForJoost

• Sad

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
THIS

View attachment 2930916

He was a reserve
He almost gave up on music
He never sang live until february
They are all amateurs, the "oldest" person from the team is 32
They did everything themselves without any help and despite all the obstacles
I wasn’t a massive fan of his song but he looks like such a sweetheart here. I hope he has a lovely career as he seems lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

PontiacBandit

Chatty Member
It's probably been said but Olly's song wasn't terrible. If it had been paired with a feelgood LGBTQ rainbow set, light show and male and female dancers dancing in mixed and same sex pairs it could've done alright. They should've taken much of his dancing out when it became obvious he couldn't sing and dance simultaneously. Have him strut around the stage with the dancers performing around him instead and dance a little in the instrumental section 🤷‍♀️

The theme they came up with was baffling and really didn't work. I'm no prude but how was it remotely family friendly! The costumes were hideous 😂

Croatia, Estonia, Finland (!) and Austria were my faves.

• Heart
Reactions: 16