Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Listen, if Joost threatened someone, he needed to be disqualified. But the sheer audacity of the EBU to claim they have a zero tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior is laughable. If that were the case, more than one contestant over the years would have been disqualified.

Reactions: 20

Sibz

VIP Member
The best songs are ones that don't have an agenda, and are just pure talent, like Sam Ryder. Olly put his ego into that performance unfortunately, it was all about him, he didn't think how it would be responded to by the rest of europe

Ps. Never drinking again 🥴 been up to be sick so many times, I may as well live in the bathroom at this point

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Not from UK, but how do UK not perform in the semi finals like most of the other countries in order to reach the final? I know afew other countries automatically get thru too.
Because five countries fund most of it: France, UK, Spain Italy and Germany
The contest would have died years ago if these countries were not paying.

• Heart

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
I'm gutted Baby Lasagne didn't win.
It was the only song I liked.
The UK performance/song was terrible, in my opinion.

Send Bradley Walsh next year, crooning about how great pork pies are.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sharkfan

I’m very drunk so off to bed now but wanted to add that me and my parents had a feeling Switzerland would win as it was a great sounding song which was performed well. I also really liked the Croatia and Estonian songs and thought Estonia deserved more votes. Can’t believe Olly got 0 public votes, although his performance was the most impressive, but neither were half of the ones that got more votes. My dad reminds me every year that everyone else dislikes the uk for obvious reasons but it’s hard to believe that’s the reason we don’t get votes when a country that’s actively committing a genocide is getting hundreds. Can’t believe Russia have been rightfully banned yet Israel is allowed to participate and really can’t believe the majority of uk votes went to Israel.

Also, did anyone notice Nemo broke the trophy at the end?

• Haha

Squittel

VIP Member
I’m not mad that Switzerland won (though I did prefer Croatia’s song) but I am a bit mad that Israel got our 12 audience points. I find that quite shocking.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

peekachu

Chatty Member

poor Joost

seems that the EBU have proper fucked this up.

apparently he wears headphones all the time to give himself calm from everything going on. A sensitive guy.

#JusticeForJoost
It’s an unfortunate situation, but there is no excuse for aggression. If you raised your fist to punch someone at work, your employer would either dismiss you or suspend you whilst a police inquiry is ongoing, so I don’t think this was the wrong decision.

It must have been frustrating that someone continued filming him - but celebrities are filmed without their permission constantly (which I do not agree with). It comes with the territory. If he reacted like this and they allowed him into the final, with more heightened emotions, imagine if another incident occurred with an even worse outcome?

If he suffers from anxiety or another health condition to the point where he physically lashes out at others, then being in the spotlight is probably not the best place for him right now.

Peonyrose

VIP Member
I find the public vote very suspect. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but Ireland gave 10 points to Israel in the public vote? Now I can’ t speak on behalf of everyone in the country, but no one I know is pro-Israel, and we are famously, past and present, the most pro-Palestinian country in Europe, due to our own past. I just cannot see how see would score them at all, and we have a miniscule amount of Jews in Ireland. It’s almost an obvious FU from Israel.

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
I do feel like they have to change the jury impact a bit

Each year is now boiling down to a battle between the jury favourite and the public favourite, unless the public favourite has great vocals and a song which show cases them

monza

VIP Member
So Baby Lasagna sold out 3 shows one after another, each in less than 10 minutes 🤯

Keep in mind he currently only has 3 songs 😅

I hope jumping and screaming at the concert will bring me esc closure I need

Meowwww

1000095565.jpg

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Also, Sam was completely unironic about the whole thing. He looked like he was having the time of his life and was totally on board with Eurovision. He actually took it seriously. Whereas a lot of British acts come across as being a bit above it all, like Eurovision is beneath them or something. Even Olly gave the impression at times that, as an established act, he would just swoop in and wow everyone, like Eurovision was his for the taking. Audiences don’t like that.
Sam came across as a lovely unpretentious guy and everyone seemed to like him. I think Olly was too caught up in the 'mustn't look like I'm endorsing Israel drama' and his remarks about not wanting to wave a British flag because its too 'divisive and nationalistic' didn't go down well either. In other words it was all about his image and not about representing his country. If another country had offered for him to represent them he would have done it because it was all about him.

Reactions: 18

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I think France are a bit like how the U.K. were a few years ago and are a bit embarrassed about Eurovision. They’ve done well in recent years though and their guy last night easily had the best voice.

I noticed on Twitter a lot of gammon types were watching, presumably just so they could make a point and vote for Isreal 🙄, and they were so offended by all the trans and non binary flags and overtly LGBT stuff. Like hello it’s fucking Eurovision what to do you expect 😂
What I love about France is they stay resolutely French

LadyV

I know one of the rules is that the songs have to be performed live, but there wasn't a single song that I was convinced was sang live. There was so much dancing and none of them skipped a note... but at the same time I didn't catch anyone I thought was definitely miming either :ROFLMAO:

monza

VIP Member
The thing that PISSES ME OFF the most are juries who gave Croatia 0 points

Z E R O

Forget he is deservingly constant favourite on and off the stage (!!!), take these 2 shows only - he is absolutely undoubtedly changing the atmosphere in the arena even we on the screen see that but you say SORRY THERE ARE 12 ACTS BETTER THAN YOURS

AAAAAAARGHHHHHH