Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

poor Joost

seems that the EBU have proper fucked this up.

apparently he wears headphones all the time to give himself calm from everything going on. A sensitive guy.

#JusticeForJoost

• Sad
Reactions: 17

poor Joost

apparently he wears headphones all the time to give himself calm from everything going on. A sensitive guy.

#JusticeForJoost
Why would he apologise if he hadn’t done anything wrong. It sounds like text book male aggression tbh,

Reactions: 12
Banger of a song but she is probably the weakest singer this year. Also 70% of the performance was backing track so I’m not surprised the juries didn’t back it. Performing last also seems to be a seriously unfavourable spot. I was certainly ready to get to the voting by her performance- I appreciated it as a performance but I was over judging/comparing people from a competitive aspect by then.
I disagree. Nutsa from Georgia was a mess. She really struggled and her voice sounded terrible.

Reactions: 1

poor Joost

#JusticeForJoost
Poor Joost? A hashtag? Ye gods, the man said he raised his arm with a fist and lunged at a photographer 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 13

poor Joost

#JusticeForJoost
It’s an unfortunate situation, but there is no excuse for aggression. If you raised your fist to punch someone at work, your employer would either dismiss you or suspend you whilst a police inquiry is ongoing, so I don’t think this was the wrong decision.

It must have been frustrating that someone continued filming him - but celebrities are filmed without their permission constantly (which I do not agree with). It comes with the territory. If he reacted like this and they allowed him into the final, with more heightened emotions, imagine if another incident occurred with an even worse outcome?

If he suffers from anxiety or another health condition to the point where he physically lashes out at others, then being in the spotlight is probably not the best place for him right now.

Reactions: 19
Worth noting that the Dutch delegation had an agreement that he would not be filmed in that area beforehand and the photographer allegedly had previous instances of overstepping that boundary with him

But obviously who cares about the artists’ privacy or circumstances 🤭

I will say it’s also amusing that many people who have given negative opinions of the situation have given positive opinions of another delegation 🤐
---

I will say it’s sort of ironic because Ukraine was allowed to make a political comment with the keys and, one could argue, with the LED screens

Also sort of makes it impressive that they may have realised the differences in treatment going on

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I will say it’s sort of ironic because Ukraine was allowed to make a political comment with the keys
What were the keys meant to represent? I thought it was a random fashion choice that they had so many on their tops in the VT

What were the keys meant to represent? I thought it was a random fashion choice that they had so many on their tops in the VT

Homes lost due to war, also related to them raising money to rebuild a school destroyed by Russians

Reactions: 7
If they got podge and Rodge to do it for Ireland I would throw out my British passport and campaign for UI right now.
Jeez can you imagine, Dustin the Turkey is a 'snowflake' compared to those two!
---
If the Eurovision continues to be problematic, I think its days are numbered. Gentle piss-taking is one thing but there was a lot of hate this year, first time ever I'm pleased it's over. Normally I kinda miss it.

Reactions: 9
I disagree. Nutsa from Georgia was a mess. She really struggled and her voice sounded terrible.
Disliked Nutsa’s tone (too much power)- but she is a vocal beast. I would barely call Kaleen a singer. She’s a dancer that *attempts* to hold a tune.

More stuff rumbling on....
If they can't keep the peace (Eurovision, much like what we nowadays refer to the EU was created as a reaction to WW2 and war in Europe), then I think it can't last too much longer. As a lecturer of mine used to say, we're living through history every day.

Reactions: 11
the ebu has such an issue with double standards - israeli delegation can physically acost and film people without their consent and national broadcasters can slate other countries performers live on telly and get put on the naughty step, but joost can't essentially raise a hand to bat away intrusive photographers (wouldn't react if there was nothing to react to)

then banning audience members from taking eu and non binary flags into the arena, but they're featured by joost and nemo respectively? nemo says they snuck it in which i'm glad they did, but then esc made this post after the win as if they'd supported their expression of identity all along

Reactions: 5
Heh heh has anybody watched the BSL signed version of the grand final broadcast?

The interpreter that does the Croatian song get properly stuck in and rocks out :ROFLMAO:

Fast forward to 1h57 30s

I'm going to have to watch the whole thing to see what other fun they get up to.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m sure Switzerland 🇨🇭 will be wonderful hosts.

Some people are still throwing their toys out of their prams and still putting the dampers on like they do. Perhaps they’ll boycott it altogether next year, here’s to hoping 🤞🏼 🙏🏼

I think it’s going to be a fabulous one.

❤🤍❤🤍❤🤍

Reactions: 8