Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rach88

VIP Member
What I heard (allegedly of course) was he reacted to a member of the Israeli delegation mocking the death of his parents (he seemingly lost his parents within a year and he's still only 26).
If that has been mocked it's disgusting theres no need unfortunately as much as a bitch I'll sound he can't control that but he could control his reaction to it if that's the case

Reactions: 1

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Just seen this. Surely it would be in their contract that they could be filmed? It all seems a bit precious around the whole filming thing. Has that ever been a thing?

• Wow

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Linda Martin on RTE radio this morning said she thinks the guy from the Netherlands has been disqualified because of something he said to the Israeli singer. She is in Malmo and a guest of the EBC.

So which is it, an ill considered comment to the Israeli singer of a scuffle with a photographer? It's an awful mess whatever way you look at it.
Linda is a national treasure but when she was quite obviously after imbibing 'refreshments' giving out the Irish douze points in 2022 (30th anniversary of her winning, in Malmo funnily enough), I can't take her that seriously anymore.

Anyhow, this silly school yard stuff need to stop, it's putting me off my Swedish meatballs.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
In the grand scheme of things no, of course not. 🙄
But when someone asks you not to take their picture and your response is to film them and put it on the Internet, then at the very least you’re a massive fucking arsehole, wherever you’re from.
Yeah, I agree but that wasn’t in the video I saw. It just looked like fan girl stuff. I think it was the song writer who took the video I watched. Was zooming in on him but I didn’t see him say not to- maybe there are more videos or a longer clip

Merpedy

VIP Member
The crowd were not happy when they made the announcement.
Language use there by the staff makes me think he may be trying to withdraw

You wouldn’t be saying “hopefully he will be back tomorrow” with the allegations flying around

ls240898

VIP Member
Hello! New to the thread but long time lurker. Can someone give me brief breakdown on what’s kicking off right now? 😂

• Haha

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
What has actually happened with the Dutch guy? Did he assault someone or not? On twitter it is being said he spoke out about Israel but others saying he hit someone?

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Sorry just looked at the Dutch entry. Is this seriously meant to be a tribute. It’s like scooter off temu.

---
He hasn’t said anything.
Fair enough if he hadn’t said anything but it was heavily implied. It will be interesting to see if something is said at the start of the show.