Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Darlington's put a bid in. That would be chaos on the roads if they got it, can barely handle a concert. I imagine it would be at the stadium and I'm not convinced it's big enough.

Does Darlington even have enough electricity for the lights behind the stage 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
If it comes to Scotland can't be Edinburgh or Glasgow seeing as how many SNP members of parliament there keep saying how much they hate the UK. Should go to Aberdeen.
We are fed up getting Tory Governments that we don't vote for or want. The majority of Scotland didn't want Brexit either that's why I personally want Indepence. I don't hate the UK ffs. Anyway rant over. When will we find out who's hosting

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Surely it has to be either Manchester or Liverpool? Birmingham hosted it the last time it was here in 1997.

Reactions: 2
We are fed up getting Tory Governments that we don't vote for or want. The majority of Scotland didn't want Brexit either that's why I personally want Indepence. I don't hate the UK ffs. Anyway rant over. When will we find out who's hosting
Well I don't want the SNP and the majority of Scotland didn't vote for them, but we're stuck with them! That's democracy for you.

It sounds so cheesy…

I really want him to do well as I think that would encourage artists a little bit more
It’s not cheesy 🤦‍♀️ He was already signed by Warner Music before Eurovision and they are always saying how much they love him so I assume they know what they’re doing with co-writers. Not every song has to be a sad song or EDM.

And he has his collab with David Guetta and Sigala otw.

It sounds so cheesy…

I really want him to do well as I think that would encourage artists a little bit more
Have you listened to the radio lately? It’s better than the rap songs where the lyrics make zero sense.

Personally I think Sam has a great attitude and his story should encourage anyone not to give up on their dream whether it’s Eurovision or not.

It’s not cheesy 🤦‍♀️ He was already signed by Warner Music before Eurovision and they are always saying how much they love him so I assume they know what they’re doing with co-writers. Not every song has to be a sad song or EDM.

And he has his collab with David Guetta and Sigala otw.
I’ve listened to some of his older stuff and while I like it it’s still fairly cheesy or overly repetitive. Nothing about the songs being sad or EDM, though the whole positivity thing that he seems to be going for with the theme of the song isn’t really for me

Even with him being signed to a successful label, I don’t think it means much is his only hit song is going to be Space Man. It very much would still leave Eurovision in that area of being only known for it, but at least it’s no longer seen as a joke

Something something everyone has personal tastes in music

I’ve listened to some of his older stuff and while I like it it’s still fairly cheesy or overly repetitive. Nothing about the songs being sad or EDM, though the whole positivity thing that he seems to be going for with the theme of the song isn’t really for me

Even with him being signed to a successful label, I don’t think it means much is his only hit song is going to be Space Man. It very much would still leave Eurovision in that area of being only known for it, but at least it’s no longer seen as a joke

Wow who pissed on your breakfast this morning? 🫠 Talk about negative energy in the room!

You mentioned repetitive but the UK Number One for the last 5 weeks has been LF System "Afraid to Feel" which repeats: "I see the flame of burning passion when I look into your eyes. Are you afraid to feel what you know it's real. Like any other guy?" SIX times in the song and "I figure my heart will get you nothing. You've got to come on inside. My heart's an open door, you can ask for more. Come on in for a ride" THREE times which together make up 85% of the song 😂

Sometimes in this business it's who you know that counts and Sam knows a lot of people in the industry. One of his best friends, long before Eurovision, is Scott Mills who will play his song on Radio 1 & Radio 2. Unlike other UK artists post-Eurovision (such as Michael Rice, Surie and James Newman), Sam had loyal fanbase before Eurovision and he literally went on TikTok and said "vote for me" so he isn't starting from the bottom trying to carve out a career.

Last edited:
Apparently shortlist at 8:30am tomorrow! Can’t wait for Darlington to be at the top of the list!😂

I'd actually love it if it was in Darlo, they wouldn't keep me away from that stadium! I'd drag my poor partner along as well (he's not a lover of Eurovision).

• Haha
Yep I’d also love it if it was Darlo or somewhere different from the usual suspects. Can do amazing things with temporary structures and a bit of vision these days. Glastonbury Festival has single TENTS that hold 10,000 people (John Peel stage) - it can be done! Come on Darlington!

I think the shortlist will be: Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham (and London if there’s a 5th).

I've a bad feeling, will the UK fall into the trap of thinking "we don't want to host again in 2024" and send a crap act next year, killing the momentum that Sam has started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.