Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I’m not sure whether this is actually true as there is no source beyond this tweet but the Kirkorov drama is officially back

I dont think it'll be London or anywhere in south east England as the BBC is keen to move events to other locations. Cardiff or Glasgow are my bets.

Reactions: 5
Should I start selling my house yet in order to be able to afford a ticket for the Grand Final, wherever it ends up being held?
What about the Jury Final, will I need to sell a kidney or something?

I have actually been to 1 Grand Final (Dusseldorf) and 1 Jury Final (Copenhagen) and neither of those were stupid money ... but now it's in the UK, we do seem to manage to make these things cost the earth to get a ticket.

Reactions: 1
Should I start selling my house yet in order to be able to afford a ticket for the Grand Final, wherever it ends up being held?
What about the Jury Final, will I need to sell a kidney or something?

I have actually been to 1 Grand Final (Dusseldorf) and 1 Jury Final (Copenhagen) and neither of those were stupid money ... but now it's in the UK, we do seem to manage to make these things cost the earth to get a ticket.
Tickets for Turin were a lot more expensive compared to other host cities. Personally I wouldn’t expect a grand final ticket to be any less than £200 in the UK. The top band price for Turin were £300. Here’s the price list for Turin and fansites estimate they could be on par with these prices.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I honestly feel like the pricing isn’t too terrible, especially given the amount you get to see. The jury and possibly family shows seem more worth it as the contest itself is made for TV, but apparently the vibes for the final live shows are really good

I wouldn’t be surprised if the travelling aspect of it, including any hotel stays, is actually going to end up the costly part of this

Reactions: 3
Sorry I was also going to say a lot of “locals” don’t realise there are two semi-finals so you might find there are more tickets available for those days.

It’s great to see the grand jury final as the artists give 110% to impress the jurors and it’s exactly the same format as the grand final with the flag parade and interval acts but with a fake voting sequence and winner. The footage rarely becomes available online for this session and you get to see who did well and who didn’t before the televote live grand final.

The family shows in the afternoon before the live shows are much cheaper as they are much more casual and the artists try to save their voices when they perform (as it’s a rehearsal) but it’s still a great experience.

Reactions: 2
I’m assuming in the jury final the UK, France etc. perform but they wouldn’t perform in the semi’s as they are straight through? Is that correct?

I’m assuming in the jury final the UK, France etc. perform but they wouldn’t perform in the semi’s as they are straight through? Is that correct?
This year the big 5 did a filmed rehearsal during the jury semi-final which was then shown in the semi-final of their voting half.

The whole script is all rehearsed but I remember Mika interviewed “Sam Ryder” as he was late for the rehearsal then real Sam ran on stage and Mika got overexcited and he said “Sam you got famous on TikTok and I know as I’ve watched all your videos. Wait, that’s not in the script I’ll get told off”.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Birmingham have put in a bid using the Resort World Arena, rather than Utilita Arena. I thought they would’ve done it the other way round

Dear BBC,

Please announce when Verka is performing so I can try to get that tickets for that date

Many thanks,
Verka stan

PS. Will be a very angry gal if Verka isn't invited

Snippet of Sam Ryder’s song with David Guetta and Sigala TBA

Attachments

Last edited:
Short list of cities being announced this Friday
And not one venue is actually available. So if you have tickets for gigs at any of the shortlisted venues, during the 8 weeks the venue is needed for Eurovision. You might know where its happening first if they cancel the gigs before announcing the host city.

Reactions: 3
And not one venue is actually available. So if you have tickets for gigs at any of the shortlisted venues, during the 8 weeks the venue is needed for Eurovision. You might know where its happening first if they cancel the gigs before announcing the host city.
It’s normal. The venues would be fully aware before they bid that shows will need to be rescheduled in April and May. London would need to reschedule the most (by far) but personally I think that’s out anyway.

Cardiff ruled itself out for this very reason, the principality (or Millenium Stadium as to give its proper name) is fully booked.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.