Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are Birmingham shortlisted again when they held it the last time it was here in 1998? Really should be anyone but them TBF.

Reactions: 2
The Eurovision subreddit has some interesting points:

- Birmingham obviously had the Commonwealth Games recently = does mean they have everything in place to organise though so might be a bit cheaper
- Glasgow had COP climate summit last year
- Manchester generally gets a lot of exposure as it is
- Leeds was in the running for European Capital of Culture 2023 and Brexit happened
- Liverpool is the UNESCO City of Music

- Apparently Glasgow's circular arena might restrict capacity

Reactions: 4
I didn’t realise how much of a chip of its shoulder Birmingham has until I read some of the comments on Twitter just now. You’d never guess that they’d just hosted the Commonwealth Games as they‘re overlooked for everything apparently 🙄

Reactions: 5
I didn’t realise how much of a chip of its shoulder Birmingham has until I read some of the comments on Twitter just now. You’d never guess that they’d just hosted the Commonwealth Games as they‘re overlooked for everything apparently 🙄
I think it’s more of a people have always had a preconceived idea about the city and they’re just happy they’ve proven people wrong. I’m not sure if I worded that correctly 🙈

Reactions: 4
I'm pissed off that London isn't on the list when we have the O2 arena 🤨

Now I hope it's anywhere apart from Glasgow.
I think it is a good opportunity to promote tourism in the chosen city though, London doesn't need that at all, neither does Edinburgh (as much as I would love it, I live right near the O2 in London) I would like somewhere less well-known as a destination outside the UK like Sheffield

This surely must be one of the biggest post-Eurovison collabs ever?

BIG NEWS LEGENDS! I want to tell you guys first that I have more new music dropping next Friday, 2nd September with my friends Sigala and David Guetta!!

We performed a surprise version of our new tune ‘Living Without You’ in Ibiza last month and your support was incredible! We couldn’t pass up this opportunity to give you more!

To show our thanks, Sigala and I are teaming up to give you a chance to join us for an intimate acoustic performance and a meet & greet. If you pre-save ‘Living Without You’, you can be in with a chance of winning

Pre-save below and start the countdown to 2nd September…! LOVE YA

Rosa Linn better watch out there's a new viral sound taking over TikTok - David Guetta "BLUE" - and it is a MASSIVE tune.

Pre-recorded backing vocals are to remain for 2023 and it sounds like UK and Ukraine will random draw first for the final.

would really love it to be at home (liverpool) but glasgow was my personal second fave so would be happy with wherever they choose tbh! if in liverpool i'd try and volunteer or something though i can imagine it'd be an amazing experience to take part in.

Liverpool is a much easier trip for me. But TBH it'd be nice to visit either city. Now whether I'll manage to get tickets is anyone's guess ;)

Reactions: 1
My wish for Birmingham has been shot dead😭 Either one will be amazing but I hope for Liverpool now👏🏻

Liverpool seems like the more likely choice to me

It seems less known than Glasgow on an international level - if that makes sense?

Oh I hope it’s Liverpool so it’s just a short trip for me!
Does anyone know how ticket buying works? I’d love to go but unfamiliar with the process/how competitive it is (we’d be wanting to go jury night I think!)

Hope it’s Glasgow as we booked a hotel there and Liverpool hotels are crazy money already 😂😂 plus I’d like it to be Glasgow because that’s where the Eurovision film was and I think that would be funny

Oh I hope it’s Liverpool so it’s just a short trip for me!
Does anyone know how ticket buying works? I’d love to go but unfamiliar with the process/how competitive it is (we’d be wanting to go jury night I think!)
it’s very competitive, it’s similar to concerts really but the main show sells out so quickly

I hope it’s Liverpool. It has to be surely?!

I bet Manchester are fuming though😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.