Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've a bad feeling, will the UK fall into the trap of thinking "we don't want to host again in 2024" and send a crap act next year, killing the momentum that Sam has started
Andrew Cartmell (HoD) said 2022 is year 1 of the UK’s new era and they know they are under pressure to repeat it in 2023. They said it’s not that the UK has never wanted to host but 2022 was the first time he and Lee Smithurst had been involved in the whole of the ESC year rather than picking up halfway through after everything had been chosen (by people who didn’t really know what worked at Eurovision).

They said they need to partner with another record label but Sam coming 2nd should encourage them to put forward their best emerging artists. They had a huge amount of resources this year from Sam’s record label that they wouldn’t have been able to have without them which included his staging money and promotional tour.

Reactions: 1
Before the announcement, I think the shortlist could be: Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow and potentially Newcastle 🤔 I really can’t see them putting London in the mix

Reactions: 1
Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield!

Pretty chuffed I got 4 of them right!🙈

Reactions: 6
I'm pissed off that London isn't on the list when we have the O2 arena 🤨

Now I hope it's anywhere apart from Glasgow.

I think Glasgow and Liverpool and maybe would be too inclined to make it about their culture and make the Ukraine element a sideline. Sheffield is twinned with Donetsk and Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester all have large Ukrainian communities so are all likely to fulfil that element better.

Come on Newcastle. Please please please! Be amazing if I don’t have to travel 😂 I’ve watched it since being a child and for it to be 15 minutes up the road would be a dream come true.

Reactions: 4
C’mon Glasgow! Not looking forward to the chaos of the M8 if we get it but it would be ace 😂

Sheffield is twinned with Donetsk
i think this depends on if Donetsk consider themselves a part of ukraine ...

Come on Newcastle. Please please please! Be amazing if I don’t have to travel 😂 I’ve watched it since being a child and for it to be 15 minutes up the road would be a dream come true.
this is my mindset but with liverpool! i'm moving further north for uni though so wouldn't mind any of these cities tbh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.