Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually so excited and I'm going to really try and get to the final!

Come on then, who is organizing the Tattle coach trip? :D

Reactions: 9
Im buzzing for this 😁 am I the only one who wants it in London? I want to go so bad 😭

Reactions: 3
I think I saw something about some cities willing to build or expand already existing arenas or venues so we could end up with something unexpected

I don’t mind Scotland too much as it won’t be a long trip and it’s beautiful. Might make it into a few days stay depending on the city in general

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know how the bid process works for cities?
Not sure of the specifics, but the announcement today says:

'the BBC and the EBU will await official approaches and applications from this week onwards, publishing the long-list later in the Summer.

As well as selling their vision for a fantastic Contest, potential Host Cities are expected to demonstrate that they can meet a list of expectations.

Last year, the EBU’s Host City criteria was based on providing a venue able to accommodate at least 10,000 spectators (as well as a press centre), that should be within easy reach of an international airport and with ample hotel accommodation.'

I would love Glasgow, but I'm happy to travel anywhere, I'm just so excited for it to be in the UK 🤩

Reactions: 4
Birmingham had it in 1998 so in fairness it should be somewhere like Manchester.

Reactions: 2
My friends have already messaged me to see if I'm getting tickets (I'm always in charge of tickets lol). I'd quite like Manchester (travel-wise) but we'll see. All very exciting!

Reactions: 3
Harrogate?! WTAF? 😂 Why did they hold it there?!

Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle all should be in with a chance, if they want it obviously. That being said I can see the BBC choosing the O2.

Reactions: 10

Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle all should be in with a chance, if they want it obviously. That being said I can see the BBC choosing the O2.
I reckon Cardiff will try for it. It hasn't been to Wales. Mark Drakeford would love to get one over the English and take it to Wales. They have lots of lovely countryside for the postcards bits.

Reactions: 6
I reckon Cardiff will try for it. It hasn't been to Wales. Mark Drakeford would love to get one over the English and take it to Wales. They have lots of lovely countryside for the postcards bits.
It would have to be in the Principality with the roof closed then, because Cardiff arena is really small and pokey.

If it comes to Scotland can't be Edinburgh or Glasgow seeing as how many SNP members of parliament there keep saying how much they hate the UK. Should go to Aberdeen.

I'm old enough to remember Harrogate because I remember never having heard of the place before (or since tbh)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Where is Sam from? Do people reckon they would hold it close to where he’s from?

I can see the Hydro getting it.

Just hopping on this thread to ask a question - I know the UK are hosting, but will the Ukraine still run it as if they were hosting? For instance, will we still get weird and wacky Ukrainian traditions filtered throughout or are we going to act as if we won and make it all about the UK? 🙈😬
P.S - I think it’ll be held in Cardiff….that’s my guess.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.