Estée Lalonde

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she just... likes London? I'm offering another perspective here, not claiming to be universally right. Or even that it really applies to Estee. But i's hard enough to chose to build a life in a country you were not born in and doesn't have any relatives in, so I don't really love it when everything most people say when you share the difficulties you are facing is why don't you just go back home. Maybe because you love the new place better despite all the emotional struggles? Because it feels unfair to be forever tied to the place you were born in, when it's something that you had no control of? Because there are indeed ways of dealing with your insecurities and struggles (did anyone scream therapy in the back?!) and getting home is not the only way out? Also, your mental struggles will hardly abandon you when you go back to somewhere you were not the happiest in the first place.

I'm not criticising OP at all!!! Just sharing my take to the matter!
I’m sure she does like London, in fact I originally felt relieved for her when she finally seemed to give up on the NYC thing a couple years ago and pledged to finally just stay in London for longer. I’m also sure she feels some semblance of home there. Who wouldn’t, after living there for years? I get feeling attached and feeling a desire to try and make it work there.

But I also think that Estée lives according to a kind of false vision of herself, an idea of how she wants to others to see her, rather than accepting herself as she truly is. And as exciting and ‘cool’ and aspirational as London is to her, I also think there is no substitute for a real support system or a sense of home and stability when you are very sick. I do NOT believe she has built those things in London post-Aslan. I’m not saying it’s impossible to do so ‘in London’ and only possible in Canada lol. But I think the fact that she’s rich has helped obscure how much she has struggled in a place with no real structure, no real friends, and no family. I don’t really believe her anymore when she talks about ‘best friends’ or new routines or anything. And as a result, sometimes I have thought that perhaps it would benefit her to consider relocating as she cannot seem to achieve stability in London without Aslan. Maybe she’ll get there though.

So basically, I’m saying it’s not about which city is more fun, it’s usually just about when Estée is very sick and struggling and the Tate Modern isn’t gonna help her there. (And yeah I’m sure Estée is choosing cities for the art galleries lmao).

Reactions: 5
I don’t think it’s strange for her to stay in London either. She’s built her life there, going back to the Canada she left when she was 19/20 or whatever makes no sense to me. She had a rough start, but now London is her city. Sure, maybe there are rough times, but you bring yourself anywhere you go. Especially Estee, who always seems to have lots of issues. And just in general, it’s ok if you’re not happy every once in a while. No need to move to your mother for that.

Reactions: 6
I don't think she could continue her lucrative career back in Canada, she has no auidence there really.
She would be as much at a loose.end.there as she is in London.

I hope the new kettle is bringing her joy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think it's strange. She's said many times that she loves London and besides, what else would she do? Move to Toronto. I know we're meant to agree that Toronto is somehow on the same level but it isn't. This whole argument of, "now that Aslan dumped her, why doesn't she move back 'home'?!" is strange. She can afford to live in London - unlike a lot of regular people - so why on earth would she leave? Toronto is nowhere near as amazing as London so...?

That being said, remember a few summers ago and how she talked about maybe moving to New York? lol.
I don't think she should go back to Canada, I didn't suggest that either. I just think it must be weird to live in a country you only moved to for an ex-boyfriend. I hope she feels like London is home and is settled. But I doubt it...she seems unfulfilled.

Reactions: 1
I live in a completely different part of the world , I can’t work until I finish my two years of unpaid med school internship and basically can’t afford therapy anymore even tho I have struggled with my mental health for years . Her attitude towards therapy is so triggering ... « TherApiSts Are ToO vaNilLa For Me » , stop complaining about your mental health then , your mental health is not your fault but it is your responsibility + her calling people normies and using the term vanilla is so funny to me ... who’s going to tell her tho ? Posting cool looking albums on your stories made by actual artists does not compensate for your lack of intellect / creativity or personality Estee . Playing dress up and copying Amelia’s style then christine’s whole life then Chelsea’s and finally stealing Britanny Bathgate’s whole aesthetic doesn’t either . You’re the most boring person on the planet . You’re an inauthentic parasite who feeds off the interests of whoever is around that time . Who the hell do you think you are ?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't think she deserves a good career. She doesn't put any work for it.

Reactions: 9
She just was lucky to have a sugar daddy and back then it was the time when youtube, blogs were popular, if she would started in the past 2 years with that horrible attitude she has she wouldn't be as "successful" well her chanel won't go any further, her videos don't have many views.

I feel it for people that can't afford therapy as it should be a right and not basically a privilege of who can afford it, wonder what makes her think therapist as "vanilla" or is the fact they would make her uncomfortable questions and she will see the mess of life she actually has, I guess going to tarot readings and horoscopes are the only thing she listen, but girl you are not alright, sleep the whole day, cry all the time, moan and being extreme bitchy is so wrong, not sure fir how long she will keep milking it as influencer.

Reactions: 13
Is disgusting how she belittles therapists labeling them as too vanilla for her entitled attitude. Also how she tries to victimize herself with the whole mental issue facade just to have some online approval and sympathy by her naive fanbase. Mental health is a serious issue and I hate how she tries to be some sort of ambassador for it. She isn't. She is just too lazy. Too entitled.

She tries to be someone that she isn't. She is not classy or/and fancy. She is not a socially conscious. She is not educated. She is not well read. She is not polite. She is not an advocate for pet adoption. She is not a fitness guru. She is not artsy. She is not hard working. Oh and she is definitely not a trve Scandi blonde.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't think she should go back to Canada, I didn't suggest that either. I just think it must be weird to live in a country you only moved to for an ex-boyfriend. I hope she feels like London is home and is settled. But I doubt it...she seems unfulfilled.
That may have been the original reason to move, but that is so long ago. Plus, I don’t actually think she only went for the boyfriend. I think she went to get out of Canada and wanted to experience new things. She and Aslan were hardly a true couple.

And then she did stay for Aslan, because she didn’t like London at first, but again that’s such a long time ago. So of course now, she’s not going back because of experiences and decisions over 10 years ago. I wouldn’t.

- - -

On another note, I’ve always assumed Estee broke up with Aslan, not the other way around. But here I read people saying he dumped her. Did she ever talk

Eh, she moved at 20 or so right? Not for a university degree or a job, but for a boyfriend. Sure she probably wanted to get out of Canada, but the reason it was London was because of him. Plus they were together a good long while - most of her 20s.

It also strikes me that this post-Aslan period has been Estee doing all the life realisations/discoveries most of us do at university/college/our first few jobs. She reminds me of some girls I was at university with.

No, she did not move here for a job or education. But at that point, they’d hardly been together “live”, apart from maybe a road trip. She just went for it in a “we’ll see what happens” way. And that has now been 10+ years. The years in which she became an adult. There’s nothing back there in Canada. And it’s not her “home” anymore either. Whatever issues she has, she’ll have to deal with them where she is now. In London.

I also moved abroad for reasons that are no longer relevant. That's life.

It also strikes me that this post-Aslan period has been Estee doing all the life realisations/discoveries most of us do at university/college/our first few jobs. She reminds me of some girls I was at university with.
I agree, but I see that often with people who had a long relationship from a young age. Going out, sleeping around, learning about dating, they all have to catch up. And yes, it can be rough out there for a single lady.

I’ve had plenty of friends who started dating for the first time and fall for all sorts of guys not realising those guys weren’t serious at all. But they had never experienced the dating scene and thought it was genuine.

And more things like that, especially when they’ve had a boyfriend who kind of took the lead in the relationship. I always assumed Estee broke loose from Aslan as she got older. But maybe I’m wrong about that and he got tired of her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
No, she did not move here for a job or education. But at that point, they’d hardly been together “live”, apart from maybe a road trip. She just went for it in a “we’ll see what happens” way. And that has now been 10+ years. The years in which she became an adult. There’s nothing back there in Canada. And it’s not her “home” anymore either. Whatever issues she has, she’ll have to deal with them where she is now. In London.

Again, I'm not saying she should move back to Canada. Just that in my opinion it is a weird circumstance to find herself in, and could go some way to explaining Estee's self-discovery phase she finds herself in post-Aslan. Moreover, I agree she has tit to sort out. I agree she should sort herself out in her home, which is London.

Reactions: 2

I agree, but I see that often with people who had a long relationship from a young age. Going out, sleeping around, learning about dating, they all have to catch up. And yes, it can be rough out there for a single lady.

I’ve had plenty of friends who started dating for the first time and fall for all sorts of guys not realising those guys weren’t serious at all. But they had never experienced the dating scene and thought it was genuine.

And more things like that, especially when they’ve had a boyfriend who kind of took the lead in the relationship. I always assumed Estee broke loose from Aslan as she got older. But maybe I’m wrong about that and he got tired of her.
Also didnt she live with a housemate when she initially moved here then Aslan moved in later or have i made that up and it was always her Aslan and the housemate? I also assume he got tired of her based on nothing other than the fact she seemed like an awkward travel companion who hated walking and was a fussy eater/pretended she was allergic to alcohol (just say you dont like it, why pretend to be allergic?)

And Toronto cannot compete in terms of culture, museums, music, shopping, restaurants and history. The AGO or Tate Modern? That's a tough one.😂
That is absolutely true but Estee is barely a shell of a real person with interests or hobbies or a personality, the only things she needs out of all those you mentioned are restaurants and shopping. The thought of her going to a museum or a historical site for fun is honestly just absurd to me. :'D

Reactions: 3
I guess for me, personally, I’m not that much of a family person to want to move back to be with them. A phone call here and there is more than enough for me. My job and friends are not less important than family.

And why should you be cultured to enjoy London? You can just live there and that’s it.

Reactions: 3
I guess for me, personally, I’m not that much of a family person to want to move back to be with them. A phone call here and there is more than enough for me. My job and friends are not less important than family.

And why should you be cultured to enjoy London? You can just live there and that’s it.
You don't have to be cultured but it's good to be curious. There is so much happening in London in normal times, all pop up restaurants and bars, immersive theatres, concerts of any type of music you want, food from every corner of the world, all artsy and hipster stuff happening in Shoreditch,Peckham or Brixton. Not to mention musicals and theatre on West and Off West End. Be curious what London has to offer not only in central. She seems to stick to the central London, at least she barely shows that she was doing something else than shopping and eating in Central London.

Reactions: 2
You don't have to be cultured but it's good to be curious. There is so much happening in London in normal times, all pop up restaurants and bars, immersive theatres, concerts of any type of music you want, food from every corner of the world, all artsy and hipster stuff happening in Shoreditch,Peckham or Brixton. Not to mention musicals and theatre on West and Off West End. Be curious what London has to offer not only in central. She seems to stick to the central London, at least she barely shows that she was doing something else than shopping and eating in Central London.
Yes, that’s great if you like all of that. But if you don’t, then why should you? People act like you have some sort of responsibility to make the most of London.

Reactions: 11
Yes, that’s great if you like all of that. But if you don’t, then why should you? People act like you have some sort of responsibility to make the most of London.
No one is saying that, it’s a response to people who were saying that anyone would choose London over elsewhere *because* of those things. Lol I don’t get your end goal here, like damn!

I’m kind of getting the sense that some people aren’t close with their family and are getting super defensive about the suggestion that Estée might be supported being nearer to family— which btw I’m not saying is unequivocally true anyway. Like I’m not even saying she SHOULD move lol, I don’t care either way but there’s some really weird defensiveness about Estée staying put and how London is the superior cultural city but then also saying that culture doesn’t matter because there’s no responsibility to enjoy it anyway! Lol. Chill.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.