Estée Lalonde

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must be sort of weird to be 30 and live in a country you only moved to for an ex-boyfriend you met online as a teen. I don't mean this as a criticism of her, just I guess as a 'that's strange' observation!
I don't think it's strange. She's said many times that she loves London and besides, what else would she do? Move to Toronto. I know we're meant to agree that Toronto is somehow on the same level but it isn't. This whole argument of, "now that Aslan dumped her, why doesn't she move back 'home'?!" is strange. She can afford to live in London - unlike a lot of regular people - so why on earth would she leave? Toronto is nowhere near as amazing as London so...?

That being said, remember a few summers ago and how she talked about maybe moving to New York? lol.

Reactions: 9
I don't think anyone said that she should go back to her country, actually Estee outside the UK is a no one, her chanel got stuck in amount of followers, if anything according to social blade she is losing huge amount of them per day. Toronto has it's own magic and is bloody expensive to live there but again is not like Estee had a life back in Canada, when she got asked about a photo of her prom she got extremely bitchy saying that she didn't go because she hated high school, I'm pretty sure she has never finished it.
Any girl on her 30s having an own gorgeous apartment in Central London, a lot of money doing duck all, being gifted tit by fancy brands all the time would be extremely grateful of life with or without a guy. The problem of Estee is that she has never really had a purpose or goal in life, she was a waster living in her mum basement smoking weed, met a guy online never asked from where all the money came from but hey a free road trip arpund America then the chance to move to London in a huge house you haven't put a penny for, start blogging as excuse of having a job...
Her mental issues and bitchy unhappiness is because ahe never ever worked or did an effort to achieve any goal, even as a blogger youtuber was Aslan who did the most, she takes everything for granted an obviously her life feels empty that would be in London, NY, Toronto or anywhere she goes.

Reactions: 14
I'm surprised she hasn't gone back to Canada at least to shelter in place with her family (I'm guessing Effie is the main reason). She can work from any location and is clearly depressed being alone holed up in that apartment.

I'm surprised she hasn't gone back to Canada at least to shelter in place with her family (I'm guessing Effie is the main reason). She can work from any location and is clearly depressed being alone holed up in that apartment.
Nahhh pretty sure the new guy she's seeing is the reason she's not run home to her mom in Canada..

Reactions: 4
She has a new guy and she can't stand being alone with her family in Canada. She used to take Aslan with her and then of her former bffs.

I don't think it's strange. She's said many times that she loves London and besides, what else would she do? Move to Toronto. I know we're meant to agree that Toronto is somehow on the same level but it isn't. This whole argument of, "now that Aslan dumped her, why doesn't she move back 'home'?!" is strange. She can afford to live in London - unlike a lot of regular people - so why on earth would she leave? Toronto is nowhere near as amazing as London so...?

That being said, remember a few summers ago and how she talked about maybe moving to New York? lol.
It’s not about which city is the most ~amazing~, or where would some generic 30something rich woman prefer to live if they had to flip a coin... rather it’s that she obviously has spent the last few years struggling without a sense of home or a strong support system, culminating in a very dark spiral this summer and I’m sure more to come because Estée is obviously not well and she never seeks help for it or at least has left it largely untreated for years. In those cases, it’s good to have a sense of support and identity. It’s obvious she HAD a home/family life in London for many years and struggles without it.

She never sees her family at all anymore, and it’s not like she should move back in with them but it seems it might be nice for her to, say, have a place to visit for a family Sunday dinner or a holiday or someone to check on her when she sleeps for 20 hours a day. I don’t know if there is stuff going on there and she doesn’t actually like seeing her family, but I’m sure her grandma isn’t gonna be here much longer and she hasn’t seemed to feel the need to see any of them.

That’s not to say she definitively SHOULD leave and that Toronto is a nicer city, however it’s not absurd to consider relocating to Canada because (a) she is a Canadian citizen (b) her family would be within a short drive of her (c) cities like NYC are very close by and (d) Toronto is a great city if you’re not a basic witch who can’t contemplate not leaving King Street or eating at Brasaii or Freshii every day, or if you’re not a tourist who thinks they just have to see the CN Tower and bounce.

Reactions: 3
Every few months she does her usual crying vlog where she cries that she hasn't been to Canada for over two year now, like excuse me, who's keeping her from going? She's the one who doesn't want to make an effort to travel there so why the fk is she complaining about it. She's her own problem.

Also it's interesting what the last few years have exposed about her, that's she really just a mean, lazy girl.

Reactions: 13
That was post Aslan when she already had a new guy for that summer and flew back and forth like a fool, behaving like she was already part of his family and inner circle. It seemed for a while as if she actually had a place there (because she was buying plants etc.), but I guess not.

When Estee does deign to go back to Canada she doesn't even spend any time in Toronto. She wanders around Waterloo and acts like it's a backwater place and then goes right back to the UK. She has no business or personal connections in Toronto so it would be like she's a tourist. She doesn't even really have knowledge of the city's hotspots or neighbourhoods. It has it's own scene going in terms of influencer culture. Also, she moved so long ago and barely comes home, plus no billionaire besties here. And maybe harsh of me to say but she was a nobody in Waterloo with nothing going for her until she got with Aslan and got out of there. I don't think she has fond memories of the person she was back here in Canada.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is funny she talks about the new guy as a "normie" if the guy has brains then it's doomed to fail if we are already seeing Estee true colours by what she shows online then imagine how it would be spending most of the time with her. I used to think she was more independent and strong but turned out to be quite needy and immature, like she would want to move with the guy after a month of dating probably. I also think part of her problem is that she never really clicked with the British culture and adapted completely to to the UK, after all these years she looks like a tourist in London, has she ever explored the rest of the country?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
after all these years she looks like a tourist in London, has she ever explored the rest of the country?
I don't think so and even when it comes to London, last time (?) her mom visited she asked people for places in London to see. I know that actually living in London doesnt mean you go and visit the usual tourist hotspots all the time, but Estee genuinely has no clue what's outside the very small bubble she has created for herself since she arrived in the UK all those years ago.

Reactions: 7
It’s not about which city is the most ~amazing~, or where would some generic 30something rich woman prefer to live if they had to flip a coin... rather it’s that she obviously has spent the last few years struggling without a sense of home or a strong support system, culminating in a very dark spiral this summer and I’m sure more to come because Estée is obviously not well and she never seeks help for it or at least has left it largely untreated for years. In those cases, it’s good to have a sense of support and identity. It’s obvious she HAD a home/family life in London for many years and struggles without it.

She never sees her family at all anymore, and it’s not like she should move back in with them but it seems it might be nice for her to, say, have a place to visit for a family Sunday dinner or a holiday or someone to check on her when she sleeps for 20 hours a day. I don’t know if there is stuff going on there and she doesn’t actually like seeing her family, but I’m sure her grandma isn’t gonna be here much longer and she hasn’t seemed to feel the need to see any of them.

That’s not to say she definitively SHOULD leave and that Toronto is a nicer city, however it’s not absurd to consider relocating to Canada because (a) she is a Canadian citizen (b) her family would be within a short drive of her (c) cities like NYC are very close by and (d) Toronto is a great city if you’re not a basic witch who can’t contemplate not leaving King Street or eating at Brasaii or Freshii every day, or if you’re not a tourist who thinks they just have to see the CN Tower and bounce.
Her Mum was over last year, right before covid. She kept it *very* quiet. Does anyone else remember this? I can't seem to find anything on her grid but i am *certain* Kelly went to London at the start of 2020!

And even Canadians, who live in Canada, don't see their family as often as British families would as the country is so massive so kids could be living anywhere. So, in short, I don't think it's weird at all.

And Toronto cannot compete in terms of culture, museums, music, shopping, restaurants and history. The AGO or Tate Modern? That's a tough one.😂

Her Mum was over last year, right before covid. She kept it *very* quiet. Does anyone else remember this? I can't seem to find anything on her grid but i am *certain* Kelly went to London at the start of 2020!

And even Canadians, who live in Canada, don't see their family as often as British families would as the country is so massive so kids could be living anywhere. So, in short, I don't think it's weird at all.

And Toronto cannot compete in terms of culture, museums, music, shopping, restaurants and history. The AGO or Tate Modern? That's a tough one.😂
Didn’t she post a photo of her and her mum by London Bridge??!
Btw, your username made me lol.

Edit. It could be an old photo

Didn’t she post a photo of her and her mum by London Bridge??!
Btw, your username made me lol.

Edit. It could be an old photo
YES! That's the picture! I don't think it's that old as she got Effie in December 2019 and in that photo she looks pretty big?! So it must have been at the start of 2020

Reactions: 2
I don't know what went down between her and Aslan but she comes across like she has so much to prove.
He broke her heart. It seemed to painful to address at the time sp she ran away from it and hasn't processed all the emotions of ot yet. There shouldn't be so much shame around heartbreak imo, it happens and people try to mend it if they can see sense. Estee still seems to be running from it amd distracting herself.

Will this skincare suceed - or flop like smartskin? I am not sure what any of her real interests outside of alsan were. She never developed outside of being his girlfriend.

Member of public - "What's your job?"
Estee - '"I'm Aslan's girlfriend."

Now
"Someone's ex girlfriend."

She won't even say his name. I am certain it sucks big time to be dumped after almost a decade, but she can't change it and she really shouldn't have been acting like a wife when she wasn't one. She needed her own life outside of him too, and she never got one. Her job is a lottery win, she needs to lean into that.

I start to think that she is the reason the dog is always nervous and anxious.
I think you're right!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Effie as any dog is probably very sensitive to her owner's emotions/aura/energy and I also think that's why she's such a scared pup. She seems like a really sweet dog with a very playful side that her breed is known for. I get anxiety watching Estee's stories and vlogs because she comes off as this desperate, weirdly toxic person the last few years with a 1000 hang-ups, of course the dog can sense them too.

Reactions: 10

Maybe she just... likes London? I'm offering another perspective here, not claiming to be universally right. Or even that it really applies to Estee. But i's hard enough to chose to build a life in a country you were not born in and doesn't have any relatives in, so I don't really love it when everything most people say when you share the difficulties you are facing is why don't you just go back home. Maybe because you love the new place better despite all the emotional struggles? Because it feels unfair to be forever tied to the place you were born in, when it's something that you had no control of? Because there are indeed ways of dealing with your insecurities and struggles (did anyone scream therapy in the back?!) and getting home is not the only way out? Also, your mental struggles will hardly abandon you when you go back to somewhere you were not the happiest in the first place.

I'm not criticising OP at all!!! Just sharing my take to the matter!

Reactions: 10
She needs professional help, to be able to take the tit out and move on from Aslan and any toxic neediness she seems to develop for any guy she dates. No baths, face masks no tarot readings will help, even her "friends" as they seem to be as toxic as her, like Amelia knowing a guy for few weeks, getting engaged to then get dumped just because she was in love with the idea of being married and just infaustation for a cute guy that looked well on her instagram photos, from people like that she is getting advice and talk with.

Reactions: 5
Estee said she doesn't want to go to a "vanilla therapist" she's too big of a snob to even get professional help...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.