Estee Lalonde #8 Depressedée, messtée, trapped her fiancée as Mirror Water lacks self-reflection.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having children seems to be just another thing on her list of life goals that she wants to accomplish. I still shudder when I think about the way she used to talk about poor Effie, clearly projecting her own mental health problem and anxieties onto her. I can sadly see her do the same with a child.

Reactions: 18
Had a bunch of kids at my wedding, because they were my friend’s kids and family member’s and I wanted them there, in part because I didn’t want their parents feeling crappy or torn about what to do. I had a bunch of activity packs for them- colouring books/pencils/bubbles- and they had a great time. I even included them on their own special table. They loved it, no one interrupted, no one had a tantrum or meltdown. The only person that annoyed me was someone’s plus one in a cream dress dancing on the table 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I even think it's easier to go to a wedding and leave your kid or kids at home with family if it's close by, then it's easier to make that choice but she's asking people to fly to another country and said a lot of her friends are giving birth this year, I mean let's be honest, what friends? Has anyone seen Estee hanging out with a single pregnant person ever? That's tougher to be in a foreign place and leave your little tot with a stranger, and she will hire one nanny to take care of all those kids? She'd need a whole team.

Anyhow, it's certainly her decision but she had to make such a huge fuss about it saying they can't have kids there and then was like no that's a lie I don't want them there, just keep that to yourself Estee.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The only wedding I went to children were allowed but the married couple had planned some sort of entertainement (clowns, jugglers etc) for the kids during the time between after the church and the evening meal/dancing. It was good fun and the kids were well behaved while still having fun (it helped that they ate on their own big table somewhat far-ish from the adults). That said I went to a christening not so long ago and the kids were a complete nightmare (except the baby 😅 ). It wasn't the same people so I guess it depends on how the kids are brought up? Given the number of people invited to Estée's wedding I'm guessing she doesn't know their kids and if they are nightmare-ish or not. Edit: Or maybe she doesn't want people to attend so she came up with the no kids policy? (but she will still take their wedding gifts)

Can't imagine Estée as a mother tbh, she will be one of those insufferable parent who makes teachers want to quit

Reactions: 15
My husbands sister had a destination wedding 3000 miles away. We had a 5 month old and 2 year old twins. Her husband-to-be specifically did not want children around. As I was still breast feeding and the plan for a close to home family member to care for our 2 year olds fell through. We spent a fortune to schlep the 5 of us across the country, while staying at the very upscale resort where the wedding was to be. In the end I had to hire baby-sitters, sight unseen, to care for our kids for all the planned events. Only brightside was that we were never too far from our suite so we could check in frequently-which we did. So much anxiety though.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I couldn't imagine leaving my child with a stranger in a foreign country, and I'd be pissed off if I was invited to a destination wedding with the expectation to leave my kids with a stranger. Thats not a judgement of those who have, i just remember hating kids clubs when i'd go on holiday as a child and would much rather be with family the whole holiday.

I'm getting married and those who have kids and are travelling from abroad are allowed to bring their kids if they want. We'll be hiring a babysitter and face painter and have small disco room for the kids so that they wont disturb us, is it extra money, yes, but these people are important to me and i dont want my wedding to inconvenience them. the additional cost is 300 which in the grand scheme of wedding expenses is nothing as weve made significant savings else where, looking at estees registry and just her general life, i know she'd be able to afford this. The parents coming have already said to us they will contribute towards the cost of this, this was not an expectation but im glad im surrounded by people who will do this.

I'm not a parent but with
- housing costs meaning people living far from grandparents/ village
- grandparents being too old or dead to babysit
- having no local village at all
- COL reducing no of holidays people can take

we were mindful that not everyone can rely others to look after their children and travelling to our wedding may be the only holiday they could afford

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's all about soothing Estee's anxiety and not anyone else's.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Upcoming family wedding entire side of of groom's family has to travel and isn't really anymore in the "we'll drive back the same day" distance, they're all allowed to bring their kids. Couple said that it wouldn't be fair to ask them to travel and look for babysitters, plus they happen to actually like their friends and family, unlike Estée who just likes the idea of a wedding.... Estée isn't even into marriage, it's just the wedding itself, and then only the spending part of it that she is into. Forget family, friends and icky kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's right, she's all about being engaged and a bride, it all ends there!

Also there's that solo honeymoon she's taking in Portugal a week before the wedding 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I don't have kids, but I've been to a few weddings with them and, anecdotally, they were fine. But like someone above said, this is about soothing Estee's own anxieties and selfishly making sure all eyes are on her. Imagine a kid doing something cute and the guests all cracking up while not looking at Estee as she recites vows next to a screeching Amelia?!

If you don't want kids to attend, just say the venue doesn't allow them or find one that's adults only. I think it's horrible to expect people to travel a significant distance and on their own dime to just leave their child with a stranger who Estee (with no children of her own and it seems limited exposure entirely) has hired to babysit. Unless someone comes with their own nanny or an able grandparent/caretaker, the nanny/caregiver is okay with the extra responsibility, and Estee pays them for the extra kids and room&board, it's not worth it. Estee cares about one person and one person only: Estee.

At the time of my wedding a good friend had a two year old and it never occurred to me to say “you can come but HE has to stay away”. He was very cute and I remember him toddling about happily in front of the group photos. But maybe that’s exactly what Estee is afraid of- something to look at that isn’t her.

Reactions: 9
I hope our Girl Boss posts something unhinged soon because I can't take anymore of toddlers and weddings talk *ducks for cover*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I hope our Girl Boss posts something unhinged soon because I can't take anymore of toddlers and weddings talk *ducks for cover*
What's that, you want more wedding content? 😁 Good thing she's getting married soon so this whole thing can finally be over!

1713357668640.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
That's right, she's all about being engaged and a bride, it all ends there!

Also there's that solo honeymoon she's taking in Portugal a week before the wedding 🥴
That hen solo is going to be the perfect plug for her sponsored s*xtoys!

• Haha
Pretty sure he called it off and not her.
He wasted her time, she was always into marriage as the goal and to him she was just a pleasant placeholder. I only really became aware of Estee after they broke up and was convinced they were married, the dog sharing they spoke about etc. They were dating for so long 😬

She's awful (we see now) but imo still had her time wasted. At least she got a lucrative influencer career out of it. (Also a terrible, but expensive penthouse!)

Her dead centre parting, blonde colour, length and overall condition of her hair is shocking for someone who is a) vain b) their appearance affects their career, and c) has time and resources to pour into fixing it. She looks like a boyband member from the 00s
Screenshot_20240417-160940_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240417-160612_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240417-160738_Firefox.jpg

• Haha
I don't get this hairstyle either, she said she sucks at styling her hair so I think she just found the easiest style that she doesn't have to fuss with. She looked a gazillion times better in the past.

I ran into an old discussion from 2018 and it mentioned a Q&A Estee did with Aslan and one question was about marriage and Aslan clearly said he has no interest in getting married till he's at least 35 or so, because of pressure from his family and the society ( and Estee pointing the engagement gun at him probably) and she made a face at that point in the video, in disappointment. Maybe she knew that the whole time, it did sound like something he'd share openly if he did it on camera so casually, if she stayed with him since she was 19 and pretty soon she knew he doesn't want marriage till 35 then he can't take all the blame I guess. Clearly she didn't change his mind in the time they were together.

I don't know why places even bother "interviewing" Estee, she never says anything, just some fluff. She should just take out a front page ad in every newspaper in Britain and make sure that we all know that's she's a bride-to-be :sick:

2 grand on a wedding photo album? What planet is she on, in heard head I mean?

1713452086676.png

• Haha
  • Sick