Estee Lalonde #7 Every good marriage starts with an ultimatum! ..right?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi fellow Tattlers, welcome to the EL thread #7! Thank you to @spottydotty1315 for this very popular title suggestion, we had a lot of really good ones!

The last thread got a lot of action because our girl, Estee FINALLY got the one thing she's wanted since she was 12, girl got engaged. They started talking at the beginning of the pandemic, kept in touch on and off, she's pestered him for ages to propose, had him move in with her, then posted some passive aggressive TikToks about being wifey material and confirmed in comments that she gave the guy an ultimatum, he caved and proposed. Soooo romantic!!

The dude, who he is to her, does she love him? Not really important and was never really mentioned in her last video which is getting views and comments unlike her previous vlogs. The Tattle detective agency of course figured out who EL's mystery beau is a few weeks ago, if you're curious that info is on bottom of page 16 of thread #6 (link at bottom). Someone who met him in real life said this about him which doesn't sound good -

1693689309786.png

Estee has two TikTok videos, one of her right before she got engaged, it's super classy, and one more where her mom finds out the news. Yeah, a must watch, in true EL fashion it's 100% cringe.

1693689145223.png

Link to previous thread where Tattlers found out the news, some good few pages to read and catch up on:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Its really sad to see how much she cried when telling her mom, and then her mom saying I couldn't be happier and Estee saying me too and really crying and having this like relieved face of sadness like shss healed herself by being engaged, shes hurting so so bad inside and that me too with her red face and face full of tears told a thousand words and more

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I cringed so hard when her mom said "I got asked for your hand in marriage" ... eek, this engagement is just riddled with toxicity. So basically he followed the old misogynistic practice of involving the parent(s) before the adult woman could answer the question herself. Greatttt. 🥴

(Granted, I realize that's probably how Estee wanted it to go, so it might not have been his decision to do that per se...but still. It's very archaic.)

Reactions: 23
I cringed so hard when her mom said "I got asked for your hand in marriage" ... eek, this engagement is just riddled with toxicity. So basically he followed the old misogynistic practice of involving the parent(s) before the adult woman could answer the question herself. Greatttt. 🥴

(Granted, I realize that's probably how Estee wanted it to go, so it might not have been his decision to do that per se...but still. It's very archaic.)
Huh? So her mum already knew he was going to propose? Makes the shocked expression in the video even weirder.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Huh? So her mum already knew he was going to propose? Makes the shocked expression in the video even weirder.
Some ppl in comments got it too, and the way Estee said "It's done, thank God" as if she just buried a body in her backyard.

I'm already starting to feel for this dude.

1693699845747.png

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I was never interested in Este but i just saw her Engagement reaction of Mum and i came here straight…. she can try to hide her desperation at least

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
What I find sad about so many comments is that a lot of women are Yas girl-ing her, saying that she expressed something that deeply so many of them want. Getting married, no matter to whom? Or getting engaged, since there's no word of actually marrying the man. Estee crying because someone FINALLY proposed to her is some feminist moment of manifestation?? What?

And the saddest thing of all is that Estee truly seems to think that this engagement is the finally the solution to all her (mental health) problems, the guarantee for happiness, the ultimate key to being a true girl boss. What will happen once she realizes that nothing changes?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She's now convinced me that there was some sort of ultimatum with Aslan and ... he didn't pick her. Because wow, the "thank God" comment. yikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
i’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 years, we live together and i’m pregnant but i STILL wouldn’t be issuing him an ultimatum? who does that? what good comes from that? there’s bigger ways of showing your commitment than a flashy ring. but i suppose that’s the point isn’t it. i don’t think estée is bothered about the commitment and does, in fact, just want to flaunt around a ring and say somebody chose her… even if he was strong-armed into it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
The true feminists, who have fought hard for women's right to vote would turn over in their grave if they knew that in 2023 there are women whose ultimate goal in life is to get engaged and look thin and desirable in wedding photos... While they think they're some sort of feminist icons/girl bosses/boss witches and millions of women follow them and see them as role models. I feel embarrassed for them.

Reactions: 37
The fact that he asked her mom for her hand, and the mom is still shocked about the engagement is very telling.
Even mom was doubting he will seal the deal.
the "THANKS GOD, ITS DONE" comment, i cannot even. the next on the checklist is a kid (wont be surprised if it will happen before the wedding)

Reactions: 32
Its really sad to see how much she cried when telling her mom, and then her mom saying I couldn't be happier and Estee saying me too and really crying and having this like relieved face of sadness like shss healed herself by being engaged, shes hurting so so bad inside and that me too with her red face and face full of tears told a thousand words and more
Growing up with a father who didn’t meet your needs in childhood/growing up without a father can impact women so negatively, and create so many long term issues regarding attachment, mental health, self-esteem...
I think it's really telling that Estée herself uses the word trauma in the video announcing her engagement.
To me Estée seems to have a lot in common with Niomi Smart when it comes to relationships. It looks and sounds like they desperately need to be chosen by a man to feel validated at least, and finally get the attention they've always lacked.
Joe breaking their engagement was like one more 'abandonment' for Niomi.
As for Aslan, if Estée wanted him to 'choose her' and propose, no doubt the end of their relationship must have been quite traumatic for
her...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Growing up with a father who didn’t meet your needs in childhood/growing up without a father can impact women so negatively, and create so many long term issues regarding attachment, mental health, self-esteem...
I think it's really telling that Estée herself uses the word trauma in the video announcing her engagement.
To me Estée seems to have a lot in common with Niomi Smart when it comes to relationships. It looks and sounds like they desperately need to be chosen by a man to feel validated at least, and finally get the attention they've always lacked.
Joe breaking their engagement was like one more 'abandonment' for Niomi.
As for Aslan, if Estée wanted him to 'choose her' and propose, no doubt the end of their relationship must have been quite traumatic for
her...
I always wondered why Estee and Aslan broke up...watching her engagement video it's obvious now what happened. He didn't want to marry her.

Reactions: 32
I always wondered why Estee and Aslan broke up...watching her engagement video it's obvious now what happened. He didn't want to marry her.
He really didn't and now shes relieved someone does

Everyone on the commentsof her tiktok told her if he wants to he would so no need to give him an ultimatum, she agreed with those comments and said ouch the truth hurts

The girls giving ultimatums need to find other men to marry because those marriages never last, you cannot force someone else into submission to he with you

Reactions: 20
I wrote this in the Amelia thread, where people were discussing the TikTok she did with Estee and basically called all the guys Estee dated that didn't propose to her "douchebags", real nice 🥴

"Estee is more in love with the idea of being engaged than in love with the dude and it shows.

Also that Amelia TikTok was so crass, imagine if one of Estee's exes got engaged recently and called her a douchebag because they didn't make it? These frenemies were both legit looking for a ring donor and not a soul mate for Estee."

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Also, Amelia saying that Estee is now getting married to her „soulmate“ - isn’t it a good thing then that all the others didn’t propose??

Reactions: 15
Also, Amelia saying that Estee is now getting married to her „soulmate“ - isn’t it a good thing then that all the others didn’t propose??
Ha, so true! Usually when you speak from the heart you don't make these kinds of blunders.

Reactions: 9
I feel so honoured my first ever thread title is for this! Maybe I can come up with the divorce thread title too?!

Thanks gang! (although I realised I put #17 😅 sorry, migraine head!)

Beautiful recap @Callan 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.