Estee Lalonde #7 Every good marriage starts with an ultimatum! ..right?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea if this commenter is taking the piss or not but either way. It's been liked and highlighted. I do not understand this woman, honestly.
My head is still spinning that someone is proudly boasting of an engagement achieved through ultimatum. The power of delusional thinking to convince yourself that this isn't humiliating is unreal. She is actually dumber than I thought and I've long thought she was a total airhead.

Reactions: 38
So she said on her IG stories she will share about the engament day... all I see is milking that engagement at its finest:

- We stayed at this hotel, "BOOK HERE" and give me your money!
- A photo of my hand before the engagment ring, "SHOP MY JEWERLY" and give me your money!
- The day of the engagement I was wearing this sweater, "SHOP THE SWEATER" and give me your money!
- The day of the engament I had this bag, "SHOP THE BAG" and give me your money!

Captura de Pantalla 2023-09-05 a la(s) 14.48.01.png

Captura de Pantalla 2023-09-05 a la(s) 14.48.20.png

Captura de Pantalla 2023-09-05 a la(s) 14.48.36.png

200w.gif

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Holy crap she's really milking the whole thing, and now suddenly it's "WE stayed at..."

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If "wifey material", as she describes herself, means dressing like a frumpy 50-something year old grandma,
then wow, she nailed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I mean she just got engaged after the dude had to go take a tit, but she made sure the bag she's selling is front and center as well. Boss Girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The more she reveals about this engagement, the more I suspect SHE planned absolutely everything.

It seems like she probably picked the date, chose the location, sent him an itinerary of activities, booked everything, bought the ring for herself, etc...and the ultimatum was whether he was going to show up and do it or not. If he didn't, she probably would've turned it into a "I proposed to myself 2.0" trip.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I never thought I'd come across a love affair more natural and romantic than Niomi and Lordon, but I was wrong. Everything about this is so forced and exhausted already and it's supposedly only the beginning of forever. Wow! But this dude is so lame for going along with it. If he really wants to marry her, it's lame he let her basically propose to herself. If not, it's lame he's sticking around. How can Estee be OK with all of this?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think she's mistaking his total apathy and resignation in their relationship for "chillness."

I watched part of that work zoom call video someone else posted on this thread, and he seems dead inside/numb, not "chill."

Also, in my opinion: any time a guy constantly tells you to "relax" or "chill" it's usually coming from a condescending and gaslighty place, not a helpful place. (Although, maybe it's justified since Estee is a nutcase LOL).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Estée is putting herself on the list of "the influencer wedding that didn't happen" trend.

Started by Amelia Liana, whose ex-fiancé felt the preassure to propose her and then all the media circus scared him to the point the guy ran for his life 🏃‍♂️

Followed by Niomi Smart, who was so upset she accepted to move to another country and she got no ring in exchange. The felt the preasure to give her the damn ring until he had second thoughts and decided to run away for his life 🏃‍♂️

Now Estée, and her ultimatum. I wonder how long would it takes this guy to run away for his life 🏃‍♂️

I only say if this wedding never happens I will use this pic:

shnzq.jpg

And if the wedding actually happens cause Estée is so obssesed to show the world she rather to ruin her life than cancel this fake wedding, I will also use this pic:

shnzq.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Niomi got engaged before moving to India. And I bet that was one of the reasons Joe proposed, 'cause otherwise she wouldn't go. It came to nothing, eventually and I can't imagine how this thing with Estee and her hostage would turn out any differently. He will either run for the hills now (the preferable option, really) or there will be a divorce later. Just hoping there would be no children by that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I don't reckon it will make it to the marriage part, it sounds so contrived.

Reactions: 12
I cringed so hard when her mom said "I got asked for your hand in marriage" ... eek, this engagement is just riddled with toxicity. So basically he followed the old misogynistic practice of involving the parent(s) before the adult woman could answer the question herself. Greatttt. 🥴

(Granted, I realize that's probably how Estee wanted it to go, so it might not have been his decision to do that per se...but still. It's very archaic.)
Yes, I was surprised to find out that my mom expected the same and I was like "nooooo, I wouldn't want a man who cares about doing such a thing"

Reactions: 8
My sis got engaged a few days ago and after sending me a blurry, but very happily grinning picture with the ring I called her and she was all giggly and happy and talking fast. That is the reaction I’m after! Not “he took a dump in the hotel you can also book, and then he popped the question. The ring is XY, buy it here”.

Can we have a thread for Influencer Weddings That Didn’t Happen?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Niomi got engaged before moving to India. And I bet that was one of the reasons Joe proposed, 'cause otherwise she wouldn't go. It came to nothing, eventually and I can't imagine how this thing with Estee and her hostage would turn out any differently. He will either run for the hills now (the preferable option, really) or there will be a divorce later. Just hoping there would be no children by that time.
As I remember it, Joe didn't ask Niomi to go to India with him - she invited herself along! He was going with or without her. Really, that should have told her all she needed to know and they should have split then. Instead, after she decided to go with him, he felt pressured to propose and 'do the right thing.' We all saw how that ended up, and now Niomi has completely lost the plot, and is well on her way to joining a cult!

As for Estee, I can't see this ending in marriage for her, not unless she rushes the wedding along before the guy has time to back out. I don't think an actual marriage matters to Estee, though, she just wanted the ring. She wanted a man, any man, to finally choose her. Her mom's reaction to the whole thing was very telling. What a mess!

Reactions: 18
I don’t follow Estee but saw her TikTok ramblings earlier in the year. Can the world be confident there IS a man that has proposed to her?? Or could it be a massive elaborate ruse to boost engagement (no pun intended 😂). She could milk it for a good while before revealingly they ‘broke up’. 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't tell if you guys are really saying he went back to the house to take a dump or if it's joking. I thought it was obvious he went to the house to take the ring, have a little pep talk with himself., not actually going back to take a dump. But maybe I missed the point and he was having a stress dump emergency moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I can't tell if you guys are really saying he went back to the house to take a dump or if it's joking. I thought it was obvious he went to the house to take the ring, have a little pep talk with himself., not actually going back to take a dump. But maybe I missed the point and he was having a stress dump emergency moment.
Same !

I don’t follow Estee but saw her TikTok ramblings earlier in the year. Can the world be confident there IS a man that has proposed to her?? Or could it be a massive elaborate ruse to boost engagement (no pun intended 😂). She could milk it for a good while before revealingly they ‘broke up’. 👀
A poster on the thread told us they got engaged a week before Estee did her announcement, so I believe it

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That she had a say on how the diamond was set is quite telling. Quite obviously, she had a a hand in moving everything along to achieve her "goal." She seems to be financially set, so if she were somebody else, I would be like, "Go for it girl!" They say men come to a point in their life when they're ready to settle down; it usually doesn't matter who they are with at that point, but end up asking whomever they're with - so why can't women, right? But we're talking about Estee, who's an emotional and mental hot mess, so that's kind of like a recipe for disaster. If they do end up tying the knot, he's in for a lot of work because she seems so high maintenance in all aspects.

Reactions: 11
The more she reveals about this engagement, the more I suspect SHE planned absolutely everything.

It seems like she probably picked the date, chose the location, sent him an itinerary of activities, booked everything, bought the ring for herself, etc...and the ultimatum was whether he was going to show up and do it or not. If he didn't, she probably would've turned it into a "I proposed to myself 2.0" trip.
I may be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her motivations for her intense quest to be married and how she's gotten to this particular place, but after watching this engagement video, I absolutely agree with you, and there is actual proof about what you suggest.

At around 8:57, she talks about wanting someone to go out on a limb (watch her eye blinking and lips purse), go pick out a ring (even more intense eye blinking, subtly shakes her head no and looks away, lips even more pursed), spend their money on the ring (more facial movement, widened eyes, odd moment of a widened jaw, with more oddly dramatic blinking) ... dramatic lip pursing, blinking, highly anxious facial cues ... she's trying to hid a lot, here, and is not being completely truthful about the evolution of the planning or her happiness regarding the events. Her facial cues say it all.

At around 9:53, she also does something really strange - she equates marriage to "doing the thing." What. The. duck. She's not two years old, she can use her words - the fact that she almost infantilizes this huge event in one's life to a noun that literally means "to not give a a meaning to" is truly telling. But just watch her facial cues when she then shows the camera the ring - no weird blinking or pursed lips or looking down or away, and then she admits that "I wanted it to go this way and not that way." No blinking, no facial ticks - I'm now convinced she's planned it all.

When she talks about wanting to be engaged and how excited she is, her facial cues are more open, honest. Her eyes don't lie in those parts, her excitement genuine. But I'm absolutely convinced now that she left many facts out of the timing and planning of this engagement, that's for damn sure.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.