Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments about Arthur are really gross. I don't see why people feel the need to comment on an innocent child.
Plus people act like he's Augustus Gloop or something. He looks normal to me. Lots of kids are a bit chubby and they lose weight as they grow up.
The comment definitely uncalled for. But very interesting to see that he looks 'normal' to you. The child is far from a healthy weight. And obviously has quite a high sugar/diet. The whole family are gluttonous. This couple parent in a way of keeping the children child like and giving them 'treats'. I think it's quite clear they are passing their bad habits on.
I really liked them to start with and such a good program, all went a bit twee and set up.

Reactions: 14
Michael Petherick? Seems to be an ex-employee saying he designed various items that Angela took credit for? There's a other similar results if you search online, this was from July '21
And then the Petherick chateau which was grander than theirs got kicked off the DIY show because they were jealous. The girl at the helm there
is French too and they didn’t like that either.
The P family should stand up for themselves and expose them, but yes they were bullied off no question.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
They can't have enjoyed living in France as much as they made out. They put so much into it though. No way will it only go for £725k

Oh wait it's not the same one, that article is so poor

Reactions: 2
I was just saying to my hubby how much I enjoyed the Xmas programme and it was a perfect way to end the series. Next thing you know, I'm reading the Chateau is up for sale. :ROFLMAO:

Dick will end up back with a cooking show and Angel is established as a designer now I suppose.

I
I was just saying to my hubby how much I enjoyed the Xmas programme and it was a perfect way to end the series. Next thing you know, I'm reading the Chateau is up for sale. :ROFLMAO:

Dick will end up back with a cooking show and Angel is established as a designer now I suppose.
It's not up for sale😂 just bad journalism

Reactions: 5
It's not theirs, just one that featured in the DIY spin off show...
That is really bad journalism. I've just read it properly. I think they've made some adjustments to the article from when I originally scanned it.
Thought I didn't recognise any of the photos.

I was obviously a bit slow on the uptake there. :rolleyes:

I can go back to thinking that that was the perfect ending to the show. 😁

Reactions: 4
I wonder if Dicks adult children are named anywhere in his will or whether it all goes to Angel, Arthur and Dorothy

I wonder if Dicks adult children are named anywhere in his will or whether it all goes to Angel, Arthur and Dorothy
He seems to get on with the son that was being a chef in some of this series' episodes so I imagine he's lined up for a chunk at least? Dick is getting on a bit now, I did wonder if the plan is to hand it over to that son to run events in.

Good thing that £725,000 chateau wasn't theirs, it would probably cost just as much again to get rid of all of Angela's tit wallpaper made from newspaper cuttings etc and skip hire for all the mouldy old tea sets and spider-infested ladders being used as shelves.

I did quite like the winter garden room they added on the back in the last but one episode, that was a decent addition. And the replacement windows on the entrance hall, thank goodness they kept them traditional, they were gorgeous.

I wanted the last episode to revisit some of their early projects and tell us if they were a success or not. For example the circular one-person lift that they inserted into one of the towers, and then have never mentioned since. Did it work or was it a waste of time and money?

Reactions: 4
He seems to get on with the son that was being a chef in some of this series' episodes so I imagine he's lined up for a chunk at least? Dick is getting on a bit now, I did wonder if the plan is to hand it over to that son to run events in.

Good thing that £725,000 chateau wasn't theirs, it would probably cost just as much again to get rid of all of Angela's tit wallpaper made from newspaper cuttings etc and skip hire for all the mouldy old tea sets and spider-infested ladders being used as shelves.

I did quite like the winter garden room they added on the back in the last but one episode, that was a decent addition. And the replacement windows on the entrance hall, thank goodness they kept them traditional, they were gorgeous.

I wanted the last episode to revisit some of their early projects and tell us if they were a success or not. For example the circular one-person lift that they inserted into one of the towers, and then have never mentioned since. Did it work or was it a waste of time and money?
Angela's wallpaper in her parents bedroom was horrific. Something in the 80's! She totally destroyed the attic/skybar! Who the hell puts aluminum foil on the beams for decor??? Especially way, way in a hot attic!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How many rooms do those kids need? :rolleyes:
How many rooms? Have you seen the size of Arthur???? 🤣
---
I can't stand any of them if I'm honest.
I found them to be humble at the beginning but, unfortunately, their heads became too big! I lost total respect for Angela when it came out that she stole Michael Pethrick's design and just added a beehive to the wallpaper/fabric. I can't tolerate people like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Michael Petherick? Seems to be an ex-employee saying he designed various items that Angela took credit for? There's a other similar results if you search online, this was from July '21
Sounds like hearsay though, any other sources other than mumsnet?

I found Fern on a link from Niki P - I gave her some watches and started reading the comments, a little over sickly and grovelling. I have noticed any comments that do not panda to her ego she deletes. So dug a bit further and found she was on This Morning as the Mum who spent £1000's on her daughter's wardrobe and then saw she had been very active on Twitter years ago. Mainly glamouring to be a wanna be. I think one to avoid not worth the investment of following her.
I had the exact same experience...I think Niki and Carlo stayed with them when traveling thru the area. Niki always does a great vlog and seems to have good judgment in those she recommends. After watching a bit something seemed pretty off to me on this lifestyle and the kids were more props than anything. Now they are selling the house (or just moving after renting and rent got too high) and moving to an air bnb for the near "transition". I sort of feel for the kids...never really seen them playing with others etc. Anyway not worth following..