Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sad they’re being dropped because it’s a great show, but I wonder what they’ve done!

Reactions: 6
Woah it must be serious if C4 are considering not airing their French travel show, considering it's already been filmed and edited

Reactions: 14
Was it anything to do with Michael Petherick and the rumours of them being horrible to the crew?

I can imagine Angel being difficult to work with but I've always thought Dick had such a lovely, gentle way about him and I refuse to be told any different!

Reactions: 10
I can imagine Angel being difficult to work with but I've always thought Dick had such a lovely, gentle way about him and I refuse to be told any different!
Yeah but he's an ex-Army major and used to ordering people about. I could see him having a brusque manner and it rubbing people up the wrong way ... We'll probably never know the truth.

Reactions: 14
I feel sad about this as I really loved all the series - but I do believe something has happened between them and the crew to bring this split about.

Reactions: 5
Didn't he have an affair on his current wife with Angel?

Reactions: 3
Around 2 years ago I posted about Angel not being Angelic.

My friend worked on the programme and saw first hand evidence of what they’re really like. In fact speaking to them recently they’re surprised that it’s taken so long for this to come out.

They said apparently the first production company parted ways with them due to the same thing. They also said what you’re current reading about them is true.

D & A had full editiorial control of the content and what you see is what they’ve allowed you to see. My friend knows well the side of them that’s not shown and basically D & A are a nightmare. They thought they were bigger than the show and treated the production crew disgracefully.

I’ve been deliberately coy and have used “they” for my friend as they still work in the industry and I’d hate for them to be outed.

Oooooh we need people who know the goss to come and spill the tea

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I always thought it was odd that you never saw any friction between them. They were meant to be taking on this huge project and they acted like it was all one big fairytale. Something about the whole series felt off to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I agree there is no way there was never a row when working on something together. Even the best of couples would argue when doing DIY let alone projects of that size. I've been fit to kill my partner putting something small together 🤣

Reactions: 10
Around 2 years ago I posted about Angel not being Angelic.

My friend worked on the programme and saw first hand evidence of what they’re really like. In fact speaking to them recently they’re surprised that it’s taken so long for this to come out.

They said apparently the first production company parted ways with them due to the same thing. They also said what you’re current reading about them is true.

D & A had full editiorial control of the content and what you see is what they’ve allowed you to see. My friend knows well the side of them that’s not shown and basically D & A are a nightmare. They thought they were bigger than the show and treated the production crew disgracefully.

I’ve been deliberately coy and have used “they” for my friend as they still work in the industry and I’d hate for them to be outed.
This is great 2nd hand tea. I totally believe it. I saw the Petherwick story play out and it’s clear they are bossy, users and false as well. From the P story their faults are clear, their story isn’t one which is related to crew or production per se either so it’s interesting to know how they treat their so called peers, not great either by the sounds of things.

However these other reports and all other stories are that they are a “nightmare” with crew etc but no specific details. Not one description of an incident, a background story - nothing. I really do want to know how exactly they are nightmares, what have they said or done, these allegations lack specifics, it’s a little annoying mainly from a nosy pov!

Reactions: 5
They’ve been pictured in the press and she looks SO much more attractive with her hair down, rather than that weird retro ‘do’. Takes years off her. Met him once, pleasant but a bit bombastic. She’s too sickly sweet to be true, so wouldn’t be surprised to find her difficult irl.