Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the same thoughts about the wedding. Why were Dick and Angel and their kids so visible. Arthur was dancing and Dick was seeing off the guests like they were old friends. I guess the brides were mates of D&A or the production company paid for it. They were a very attractive couple.

I think must have been spring because one of the guests had a blanket around her when they were sat on those rickety chairs awaiting the brides.

Reactions: 6
I love this show but i didn't like the kids being in the reception. It didn't look like there was other kids there so why did they think it was acceptable for their kids to be at the reception?

Reactions: 4
I love this show but i didn't like the kids being in the reception. It didn't look like there was other kids there so why did they think it was acceptable for their kids to be at the reception?
Arthur needs to be there to mix the punch or something!
And Dorothy is on permanent DIY confetti duty!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The couples that appear on the show are real and do pay for their wedding, source - I know one of the couples! They paid in excess of £20k for 40 odd people, that included a pre wedding stay at the Château, menu tasting with Dick, farting around with Angel etc.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The couples that appear on the show are real and do pay for their wedding, source - I know one of the couples! They paid in excess of £20k for 40 odd people, that included a pre wedding stay at the Château, menu tasting with Dick, farting around with Angel etc.
That's interesting. Are Dick, Angela and the Strawbridge children always guests of honor at the wedding?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am envious of the fact Dick can literally turn his hand to anything plus cook but do wonder about his health he is so overweight round his stomach 😬
When the programme first aired it was different and interesting now they are ‘celebrities’ it’s all a bit smug and obvious

Reactions: 13
Just caught up with yesterday’s episode, Angels still so extra with everything, Dick is shown doing some work but we all know he’s filmed for a few minutes to make it look like he’s doing something but really his mate Steve takes over and does the majority🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's interesting. Are Dick, Angela and the Strawbridge children always guests of honor at the wedding?
As far as the weddings that are filmed it seems that way, couldn’t say for others. I know Dick and Angel became extremely friendly with the couple I know, I suppose that’s nice when you’re planning a wedding. I think you’d have to be particular kind of personality to book a wedding there though.

Reactions: 5
As far as the weddings that are filmed it seems that way, couldn’t say for others. I know Dick and Angel became extremely friendly with the couple I know, I suppose that’s nice when you’re planning a wedding. I think you’d have to be particular kind of personality to book a wedding there though.
Yeah I can't imagine Angela doing anything other than what she wants. I think if she had a bride who had her own ideas about how she wanted things she wouldn't like it. It's her way or the highway.

Reactions: 8
Does Angela actually shave her brows off? When she doesn’t have a full face on she literally has no brows at all then they seem drawn on later.

And that tiny door in the folly had gaps all around it so come winter everything will get damp and mouldy and full of creepies urgh

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Does Angela actually shave her brows off? When she doesn’t have a full face on she literally has no brows at all then they seem drawn on later.

And that tiny door in the folly had gaps all around it so come winter everything will get damp and mouldy and full of creepies urgh
That's exactly what I thought!! Everything is going to get damp and mouldy especially all the textiles in there. No electricity then to add heating it'll be freezing!!

Reactions: 8
The adult son on it tonight is cute
James.
He seems nice.
I remember him from when Dick and his first wife Bridget had a programme about self sufficiency. They lived in a lovely ramshackle old farmhouse somewhere - Devon? Dorset?

Angel's face always seems terribly red - high blood pressure?

Reactions: 4