Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of our family members went to a Wedding at the Chateau in the summer. The place is amazing, the pictures as you can imagine are beautiful.

What struck them also was their relationship with each other and their Children. They adore each other and they idolise their Children. They are who they are on the television, it’s not a front for the camera. The most loviest, genuine, hardworking that deserve all their praise and luck in that world. They are grafted for what they have, not like some of these Influencers who have everything on a plate...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
One of our family members went to a Wedding at the Chateau in the summer. The place is amazing, the pictures as you can imagine are beautiful.

What struck them also was their relationship with each other and their Children. They adore each other and they idolise their Children. They are who they are on the television, it’s not a front for the camera. The most loviest, genuine, hardworking that deserve all their praise and luck in that world. They are grafted for what they have, not like some of these Influencers who have everything on a plate...
They do graft, but their business acumen appears to be extremely savvy and I'm sure the massive amount of money from channel 4 has helped things along. They even charge people £75 per day to come and work for them (in return they get to see the chateau and have a bit of lunch so I'm sure it's all worth it :unsure:) There was a story running across several tabloids days ago that they will sell the chateau soon, don't know if that is true or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I haven't seen an episode since reading about the birds :(
And it wasn’t just for that episode because the birds were there roasting away at the parents party too. I bet they are not there now as there is no way they would have survived the whole summer. Still, long enough to look priddy for the bridal season, eh? Disgusting! 😬

Reactions: 3
absolutely love this show love the family and everything they have done

they work so hard and their attention to detail is just amazing. Good luck to them and their success.

Re comments about birds 🙄. They have so much staff around I’m sure they are well taken care off.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I love them!!! Something so endearing about them. Hard working, ambitious, not flashy in the sense of freebies and brands, just honest people who clearly adore their kids and are making a future and memories...

Reactions: 2
I've followed this show from the start and loved how they'd saved the chateau from ruin (French people just let them rot) and the insight into French life (like when they went to the flea markets to find old baths), but I feel it's really gone off the boil and become unrelatable since they started having everything paid for by Channel 4 - the lift, the boat, the camper van and now the oddly-sterile tack room.

I'm sure they're nice people but they can't need the money anymore. Angel just wafts around now, hoarding old tat and printing everything onto a bathroom or kitchen tile while Dick and long-suffering "Builder Mate Steve" do all the donkey work. It seems as if they're scraping the barrel for new ideas.

Their kids have a great childhood though, you can't knock them for that.

Reactions: 6
I love these two, they have worked dam hard to get what they now have, and not a #gifted or #AD in sight.

Saw somewhere that they brought the Chateau for about £280k, & its now worth over 2 million. ☺

Their kids seems to have the most wonderful out doorsy life, no technology in sight! They all seem so happy.
I looked at the prices for weddings, as it said they are booked up a year in advance, the prices are eye watering, but what a fab wedding venue, I bet they make it so special.

Reactions: 3
absolutely love this show love the family and everything they have done

they work so hard and their attention to detail is just amazing. Good luck to them and their success.

Re comments about birds 🙄. They have so much staff around I’m sure they are well taken care off.
I like them and the programme, the aviaries that they built have large domed roofs with lots of foliage and branches so I doubt the birds would be roasting - not that I think it was necessary to have them as I just imagined them flying out when you opened the door to feed them 🤷‍♀️ dick seems to be able to turn his hand to anything as well as cooking I think he is pretty amazing

Reactions: 4
I like them and the programme, the aviaries that they built have large domed roofs with lots of foliage and branches so I doubt the birds would be roasting - not that I think it was necessary to have them as I just imagined them flying out when you opened the door to feed them 🤷‍♀️ dick seems to be able to turn his hand to anything as well as cooking I think he is pretty amazing
Actually, there is zero shade around the aviaries so the minor branches and folaige inside them offer little to no shade as all. Coupled with a domed metal roof it is literally a roasting oven.

As far as staff are concerned, no amount of staff will be able to cool down those things in a French summer.

I loved them and their programme too but I am not going to overlook a crappy attitude towards poor birds that have no escape from the heat and sun because I think they're lovely people. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Adore them both, both are so creative and clever, and hard working, the kids are having the most amazing childhood❤❤❤

Reactions: 2