Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I usually wear a berry-toned lipstick, have too many variants. If I go for a red, it's a cool red. But, I have to say, even when I'm bare faced and look like a complete mess at home, wearing a vintage looking dressing gown really makes me feel better, however disheveled I look (which is a look on its own :D)

Reactions: 2
I love you. :love: I’m sat here in manky old shapeless trousers & a stinky old t-shirt like a slob.

I got 2 Lisa Eldridge lippies & one is a gorgeous neon pink - I want to wear it at home to get used to it. The other one looks tit on me. Much darker than online.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I love you. :love: I’m sat here in manky old shapeless trousers & a stinky old t-shirt like a slob.
So am I, but it's underneath a lovely flower print dressing gown :D Try to use the darker one as a stain, she showcased all the different ways you can wear them in her video, so maybe you can wear it that way.

• Heart
So am I, but it's underneath a lovely flower print dressing gown :D Try to use the darker one as a stain, she showcased all the different ways you can wear them in her video, so maybe you can wear it that way.
I’ll try that. I can’t wait to get used to the neon one, but been picking my lips, and it’s matte, so need to wait.

Reactions: 1
Finally watching season 1, episode 1 and I’m weirdly so excited! I have dreamt about moving to a French farmhouse for years - but this is my dream on the hugest scale. I cannot believe how hard they work & Dick doesn’t look the fittest man in the world (not being rude, I’m a lazy, unfit fatty!). How do they do it? I’m exhausted watching them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Finally watching season 1, episode 1 and I’m weirdly so excited! I have dreamt about moving to a French farmhouse for years - but this is my dream on the hugest scale. I cannot believe how hard they work & Dick doesn’t look the fittest man in the world (not being rude, I’m a lazy, unfit fatty!). How do they do it? I’m exhausted watching them.
You'll love it!! I did that recently, watched a load of their old ones. It's exhausting watching as I could never contemplate doing what they've done. But it's a gorgeous series..... AND Sunday nights are new episode night! 👍

Last edited:
Binge watching this show is a wellness retreat for my mind. Even though, I agree, sometimes I want to shout at the screen: Dick, rest a bit, we can't lose you!

Reactions: 7
I irrationally hate the pair of them. Dick is undoubtedly very clever and can turn his hand to anything, Angela (who the hell renames themselves Angel Adoree :sick: ) has flair, albeit not to my taste. The early series irritated me as they were like 'we literally don't have a penny left, don't know how we can eat next week' then they were installing a lift that cost £20k in the next scene. It was very contrived and staged for TV and of course channel 4 were footing the bill. I wish Angela would dress for the occasion too, watching her paint/decorate with her long bell sleeves and beret on saying she hasn't slept for 48 hours (with hair and make up perfect) pull the other one love. Arthur reminds me of Dick so can't stand him either 😔 I'll bow out now and let you all enjoy them :p

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I think I read that they did a gofundme and brought in shareholders. The “we’ve got no money” then putting in a sewerage system made me :unsure: I think I’ll have to let a lot of that slide.

Definitely not my taste in aesthetics, but I do love it.

Just watched the episode with the lift going in & their Christmas dinner. If it really is just them (& the builder guy & his wife) doing all this work - it’s flipping incredible. Her Christmas decor was beautiful & the books as Christmas crackers was genius!

Have they got a dog though? I’d have dogs & horses. In my dreams...🤪

Reactions: 3
I hated the caged birds in the middle of the carpark in full sun. Really put me off them in a massive way.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Just watched the episode with the lift going in & their Christmas dinner. If it really is just them (& the builder guy & his wife) doing all this work - it’s flipping incredible. Her Christmas decor was beautiful & the books as Christmas crackers was genius!

I read somewhere that they have an English 'squad' of builders that they bring over for work, but don't show them on the programme, giving the impression that Dick and Steve do it all.

I read somewhere that they have an English 'squad' of builders that they bring over for work, but don't show them on the programme, giving the impression that Dick and Steve do it all.

I hated the caged birds in the middle of the carpark in full sun. Really put me off them in a massive way.
I don't think Angel in particular gives a toss, as long as she has the desired look.

Reactions: 10
I love them. Angel is so creative and the kids are adorable. Dick is so sweet with accommodating Angel’s bonkers ideas and just goes along with them. They’ve turned that derelict place into a stunning property and are now running a successful business. I love this programme and have watched it right from day one

Me too. I doubt those birds survived the summer, but then again I'm sure they didn't care since it was all for the wedding season anyway. They had no way to escape the heat. Savages! 😒

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I suspect Angel was the beginning of the end of Dick's first marriage. I still haven't forgiven him for that. I loved the programmes he did with her and their children. He was all about sustainability and eco-friendliness, which seems to have been forgotten about now! In their bio (which I suspect Angel wrote) there is no mention of Dick having older children. He only has 2 now apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What??? I haven’t seen that. No, not ok! I’m not a fan of caged birds in any case, but ffs.

I don't think Angel in particular gives a toss, as long as she has the desired look.
I can quite believe there are more than just him & Steve.

I’m really shocked at this bird business. I haven’t seen that yet.

Me too. I doubt those birds survived the summer, but then again I'm sure they didn't care since it was all for the wedding season anyway. They had no way to escape the heat. Savages! 😒
I have to go google this as I haven’t seen it, and I can’t imagine wtf was going on.

I suspect Angel was the beginning of the end of Dick's first marriage. I still haven't forgiven him for that. I loved the programmes he did with her and their children. He was all about sustainability and eco-friendliness, which seems to have been forgotten about now! In their bio (which I suspect Angel wrote) there is no mention of Dick having older children. He only has 2 now apparently.
Ok, this is all stuff I had no idea about - so he was married when he met Angel & has older kids?

Reactions: 4
He used to do TV programmes with his first wife and he co-hosted Robot Wars with his eldest. Wife #1 is as far removed from Angel(a) as you can imagine. She is very simple, loves wildlife and anything eco-sustainable (as did Dick) According to the bio D & A fell madly in love at first sight :sick: the same year that he split with wife #1. It may be a coincidence, but the cynic in me says otherwise.

Reactions: 13
His older son was on the last episode, cooking for Angels mum and dads anniversary party. Don’t think they’re hiding his other kids

Reactions: 3