Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've entered some kind of lockdown letgo! I used to wear make-up daily before last year, wouldn't be seen without it, now I barely even bother! I've let the grey hairs twinkle through and my body shape is Veruca Salt as the blueberry - little twig arms and legs with a beach ball middle!
I must start making more of an effort - I've gone from looking vaguely acceptable to a horror show. I've hardly seen any of my friends for the last 18 months and honestly, I don't think any of them would recognise me in the street!
Oh, I am the same, and sadly, I don’t even care πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Morning everyone :) Great idea for a new thread Chita @Chita.

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰
You have every right to be stressed Spangly I don't think many people would cope with what you are doing.

Chin up girl, have a glass of something alcoholic and just say bollocks to misfortune it ain't gonna get the better of me or look at someone you really dislike and all the things you would like to say to them.

I don't suffer from MH problems but when I am pissed off, like today that is what I do, this should be renamed the duck you forum, go on do it and let it all take a back seatπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
You have every right to be stressed Spangly I don't think many people would cope with what you are doing.

Chin up girl, have a glass of something alcoholic and just say bollocks to misfortune it ain't gonna get the better of me or look at someone you really dislike and all the things you would like to say to them.

I don't suffer from MH problems but when I am pissed off, like today that is what I do, this should be renamed the duck you forum, go on do it and let it all take a back seatπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yay you found it.

I called it Tea and Sympathy because
'Tea' or 'T' has become the indicator for 'Truth'
so we can come in here and tell our truth about how we feel about anything.
And the sympathy bit is because a lot of posters are struggling and we can all support each other with laughter, anger, banter, ranting........... whatever.

And of course, your sweary posts and incontinent Ginger Tom stories are just the tonic to make us laugh.

We can change the title every 50 pages

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I've always struggled with mental health, now I'm older it's my physical health that's the issue...which causes more mental health issues! I've been sick for about 6 years so my husband and friends are probably tired of hearing about it now, I usually keep it quiet and self-medicate with my lovely cats and their cuddles. My husband sends me cute YouTube clips of animals when he senses I'm not doing well but nothing beats a good chat when you're down!
I

I love cats too and they are very calming but my 3 are cantankerous old bastards and if they could give me the finger they wouldπŸ–•πŸ–•.. I do swear quiet a lot but am going to give you a couple of tongue twisters to make you giggle

After me:

He rattles his bottles in rollockses yard

Old Mother Ruttercutts Rough Cut Punt

Tell yourself when you feel collar and cuff, that it is a cunning stunt and to feck right off❀❀❀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Well, the bad news is, there IS a Weight Watchers in-person meeting open in my nearest town so now I'm going to have to bloody well go, aren't I?

Oh bugger.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Great idea to start a thread, I've been lurking on H&M and several people I think of often on there.

I'm having a real Monday grump today. Was low over the weekend and called a couple of people to chat but left me feeling more lonely really as each person just talked about themselves and hardly even asked about me. There's a lot of talk in the UK about encouraging people to talk about how they feel/mental health but noone is educating people on how to listen. i.e. don't just say "oh I know, I'm the same. Anyway, listen to this story about me. . "
Feel free to speak, swear, curse at whoever or whatever, if you don't know many swear words you can learn some on here.

I don't know how people are feeling and to be honest I am really shocked at how many out there suffer. Let it all out on here and I call it the duck it forum

I have never dealt with anyone with mh problems but, if you were someone that I knew I would say the same things.

Local rescue charities are desperate for someone to walk their dogs or just pet them or if you prefer cats you can just be a cat cuddler enquire at cats protection league or others, there is always someone or something out there that welcomes your help..

I am blunt but very caring and just go for something else that needs your attention

Let it out Professor it all helps❀❀

• Heart
Feel free to speak, swear, curse at whoever or whatever, if you don't know many swear words you can learn some on here.

I don't know how people are feeling and to be honest I am really shocked at how many out there suffer. Let it all out on here and I call it the duck it forum

I have never dealt with anyone with mh problems but, if you were someone that I knew I would say the same things.

Local rescue charities are desperate for someone to walk their dogs or just pet them or if you prefer cats you can just be a cat cuddler enquire at cats protection league or others, there is always someone or something out there that welcomes your help..

I am blunt but very caring and just go for something else that needs your attention

Let it out Professor it all helps❀❀

And she has a daughter high up in the Police force who has to be called ma'am.

• Haha
I've entered some kind of lockdown letgo! I used to wear make-up daily before last year, wouldn't be seen without it, now I barely even bother! I've let the grey hairs twinkle through and my body shape is Veruca Salt as the blueberry - little twig arms and legs with a beach ball middle!
I must start making more of an effort - I've gone from looking vaguely acceptable to a horror show. I've hardly seen any of my friends for the last 18 months and honestly, I don't think any of them would recognise me in the street!
It's only you that thinks that, get the slap on dye your hair put so mething comfortable but nice on and get out there. Your friends probably have the same problem as you.

After lock down ended I looked in the mirror and thought, duck this followed by slap and a hair cut all very easily done

When my Daughter's saw me for the first time they said duck me Mother sort yourself out you fat old slapper!! and I did.

• Haha
Great idea to start a thread, I've been lurking on H&M and several people I think of often on there.

I'm having a real Monday grump today. Was low over the weekend and called a couple of people to chat but left me feeling more lonely really as each person just talked about themselves and hardly even asked about me. There's a lot of talk in the UK about encouraging people to talk about how they feel/mental health but no one is educating people on how to listen. i.e. don't just say "oh I know, I'm the same. Anyway, listen to this story about me. . "
Hope today has gone better for you.

Well I have been on anti-depressants for 45 years. By the sound of it, I am not alone. Some of you will have had β€œOh go buy yourself a new dress, that will make you feel better β€œ when the last thing you want to do is get out of bed never mind dress up and go out somewhere. But cannot imagine there will be that sort of advice on here. πŸ˜‚ perhaps it is because of our problems that we care about what antics the gruesome twosome get up to and feel sympathy for the RF. No matter their privilege, money, palaces, to be kicked in the teeth by an offspring who has received so much support and protection must hurt. Hope those of you who are suffering will find solace on this thread. I am fine just now, meds still working. 😊

New dresses are all well and good but with all this lockdown comfort eating hardly anything will bloody fasten.
Ive gone up a size.

I am psyching myself up to doing something about it.
I will probably take as much time to sort it as the Royal Family are doing to sort out the traitorous Harry.

But I have to finish eating this toasted fruit teacake with butter first.

• Haha
And she has a daughter high up in the Police force who has to be called ma'am.
Bloody ridiculous she pushed her luck the other day with me especially since her partner has just been promoted to Chief Inspector.

Told her to duck off and that I would post baby pics on Facebook of her as a baby minus her knickers, that worked Ma'am, cheeky cow they don't get one over on me.

The old fucker indoors is like Victor Meldrew and he gets called a mucking bleep as well

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hope today has gone better for you.

New dresses are all well and good but with all this lockdown comfort eating hardly anything will bloody fasten.
Ive gone up a size.

I am psyching myself up to doing something about it.
I will probably take as much time to sort it as the Royal Family are doing to sort out the traitorous Harry.

But I have to finish eating this toasted fruit teacake with butter first.
Let's all go to Montishito and stay with the arseholes?? 2 days with them and we will realise how untainted we are, now those two are really mad, bad and totally fucked.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is exactly how I used to describe it, but I wasn't familiar with narcissism until Meghan showed up. You never think this will happen in your own family. I definitely think I'm going to speak to someone, I have a load of nasty messages I need a therapist to read, then I can discuss it all.
My brothers ex is a witch, all the nasty messages she sends to my brother and my mum and Dad is pure projection, she judges people by her own actions, she calls my mum and alkie, yet before lockdown was in the pub all the time, so maybe that's what the messages are, hope you are ok x

• Wow
Great idea for a thread!

My insomnia has flared up again. Mainly stress, partly too humid/airless weather...it's only been a few days and I'm already going insane. Not sleeping is one of the worst things ever.
Since I have got older I too suffer sometimes and it is delibating and the nights are so long, I go downstairs and read until I feel tired, doesn't always work but it's better than just laying there.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't suffer with mental health issues, but I do work in a mental health hospital, I'm not a nurse or a doctor, but I sympathise and only wish you all well xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ah now I want cakeπŸ˜‚! Get yourself a fitbit type thing, make yourself reach whatever goal you set yourself! We are here to urge you on. The teacake sounds delish enjoy and move on! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ
I will only get a fitbit if they make an edible one.

I don't know how to help those who can't sleep.

Now we have this 'off topic' discussion thread, maybe those who are wide awake can keep each other company in here and then those of us who sleep like a log [and snore like a warthog] will have some posts to read when we surface in the morning.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg, coming back to this thread tonight has really cheered me up!
@Nuttynana - honestly, you should have your own Agony Aunt column! No nonsense, practical and sweary advice - just what we all need 😜πŸ₯°

Yep, decided to try and lose some weight - thanks for the motivation everyone. I did lose 3 stone before when I did SW but then I had a bit of an anxious period in my life and put it all on again. Decided to try and lose 1 stone in 2 months this time - I think that's do-able!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you Chita for creating this soothing thread. Thought I'd slide in and join you lovely folk. Having shielded through all the lockdowns, and deciding to retire early from a job I loved, I find myself a bit paranoid and reluctant to get out and about. I have a chronic condition which deteriorated over lockdown and am now only able to get out and about with a mobile scooter and only when necessary and I've built up the courage to venture out. One thing that's been a godsend is my kindle and I've recently joined a lovely choir ( I can't really sing but they didn't seem to mind πŸ˜…) . Tattle has been a lifesaver too, some of you articulate Tattlers have really cheered me up. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk ❀.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.