Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've entered some kind of lockdown letgo! I used to wear make-up daily before last year, wouldn't be seen without it, now I barely even bother! I've let the grey hairs twinkle through and my body shape is Veruca Salt as the blueberry - little twig arms and legs with a beach ball middle!
I must start making more of an effort - I've gone from looking vaguely acceptable to a horror show. I've hardly seen any of my friends for the last 18 months and honestly, I don't think any of them would recognise me in the street!
I'm the same. I used to be on the go all the time at work, now I just veg on the sofa. My hubby bought a treadmill so I've started going on that again to try to lose weight and build some fitness. I find low carbing is good for cutting appetite right down.

Have you tried yoga? That's good for relaxation and stretching etc. I just copy the beginners videos on YouTube.

Even just a little bit of activity is a start.

Reactions: 16
Great idea for a thread!

My insomnia has flared up again. Mainly stress, partly too humid/airless weather...it's only been a few days and I'm already going insane. Not sleeping is one of the worst things ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've entered some kind of lockdown letgo! I used to wear make-up daily before last year, wouldn't be seen without it, now I barely even bother! I've let the grey hairs twinkle through and my body shape is Veruca Salt as the blueberry - little twig arms and legs with a beach ball middle!
I must start making more of an effort - I've gone from looking vaguely acceptable to a horror show. I've hardly seen any of my friends for the last 18 months and honestly, I don't think any of them would recognise me in the street!
@chitta thank you for this lovely new thread
I am the same - never went out without my full slap, matching accessories etc. And have also put on belly weight and never exercise now - whereas before lookdown I was like Tigger on caffeine. Now we are getting ready to go ‘back to normal’ I am very anxious - the one thing I did do was wean myself off anti depressants so am now clear of them BUT over the past few weeks I have started to become really tearful - anything makes me want to ball my eyes out - I enjoy working from home and want it to stay that way but who knows what will happen -
hope we can start to post some funny animal stuff too -
I watch the doggy day care guy in OZ and it always makes me smile adding a short clip of Tucker Budzyn (he is fine and she loves him sooooo much he has some fun adventures) but the laughing makes me smile

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yesterday I spent the whole day on my phone toggling between Tattle, google, twitter and facebook.
Hours and hours.
I have stuff to do but I just could not be arsed to do anything.
I wasnt feeling low particularly, I just couldn't raise any energy to shift myself.
So I was an idle bastard.

Im trying to rouse myself not to repeat that.
I have to go food shopping and im trying to motivate myself.

Have I still got to wear a mask? If so. I'll have to put make up on now my fizzog wont be hidden under cloth for the first time since last March.

Will the shelves be empty because all the truck drivers and shelf stackers are off work because the stupid App has pinged them and they are at home even though they are not ill?

It drives me nuts.
This is me today. Still in bed. Still doom scrolling. I’ve told myself I must get up at 1pm as I have work to do. Sigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A narc can and will bring you down for their own sense of worth so perhaps talking to someone with experience in the situations could benefit greatly.
This is exactly how I used to describe it, but I wasn't familiar with narcissism until Meghan showed up. You never think this will happen in your own family. I definitely think I'm going to speak to someone, I have a load of nasty messages I need a therapist to read, then I can discuss it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Great thread idea. Depression has been the bane of my bleeping life it usually happens in a few years cycle. I've just come out the other side of my biggest episode yet. I think what really fucks me off re Harry and Meghan's wellness/ mental health adventures is that for the last 15 years I haven't been able to access any kind of mental health treatment beyond medication. The services just aren't there. Harry and Meghan and Co make it all sound so easy and accessible but the reality for us mere mortals couldn't be any further apart.

@MaineCoonMama your cats are beautiful. If only people were as accepting and loyal as cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Confession time - Ménière’s hit me hard several years ago, and the night I discovered the H&M thread happened to be recovering from a nasty couple of vertigo/headache/eye strain weeks. And for the first time (other than grandbaby FaceTime calls) forgot to be a whiner** and couldn’t stop sniggling (yes. snort giggling/laughing is part of the charm I bring to the table).

I fell a little bit in love with all of you that night. You make me laugh, you make me think, and most importantly everyone is welcomed and accepted with open minds and treated with respect regardless of location or opinion. It’s hard to find a place that’s safe to ‘just be you’ these days. Since then I read as regularly as I’m able, contribute when I can’t muzzle the need to speak my mind, and when it’s not too hard to concentrate even login to likeheart/laugh at posts.

Thank you for you for this new thread. You’re all pretty amazing, in case you weren’t aware.

**I reallyreallyreally hate being a whiner… being a whiner just stomps on my nerve like you’d not believe, so I taught my granddaughters to mock my whining after the broken arm incident because it’s fuuun.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not had time to read the thread yet, but what a great idea! Looking forward to meandering in a mazey motion without pressure in this lovely lively group. Thanks so much for setting it up. Love you all. 💖

• Heart
Hello lovelies. Thank you @Chita for this sparkling new thread. Good to have somewhere to let off steam a bit - all without a mention of the Dreadful Duo 👌😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Great idea for a thread!

My insomnia has flared up again. Mainly stress, partly too humid/airless weather...it's only been a few days and I'm already going insane. Not sleeping is one of the worst things ever.
I get bouts of it too, funny enough a bad night last night , I find the "sleep sounds" app great, it is free.
Screenshot_20210726-122740.png

I listen to the relax one, it is waves going in and out( in a breathing pattern) i turn the twinkly music down so it is just nature. Defo helps me to nod off. So glad it is getting cooler. Give it a go. I also tell my brain to shut up😂 a counsellor told me once, at night when brain is active ask yourself .. "Is this thinking helpful" no, and "Can I do anything about this right now" no..... It also helps I find.

@MaineCoonMama those cats are to die for 🥰

• Heart
Hi Everyone, just woke up so very late to this thread. Thanks @Chita for a great idea and new thread. Be back later when I've had chance to catch up xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I get bouts of it too, funny enough a bad night last night , I find the "sleep sounds" app great, it is free. View attachment 680255
I listen to the relax one, it is waves going in and out( in a breathing pattern) i turn the twinkly music down so it is just nature. Defo helps me to nod off. So glad it is getting cooler. Give it a go. I also tell my brain to shut up😂 a counsellor told me once, at night when brain is active ask yourself .. "Is this thinking helpful" no, and "Can I do anything about this right now" no..... It also helps I find.

@MaineCoonMama those cats are to die for 🥰
I was advised to get up and do something boring like the ironing.... Ummmm, no thanks 🤣🤣

• Haha
I remember when covid lockdown first happened and people were concerned the Health services might be overwhelmed by patients needing ventilators etc
I said from day one that it was people's mental health they would be overwhelmed by.

Trouble is, many tend to suffer in silence because they either don't know how to help themselves or how to get help
Or
They don't want to talk about it because they think people don't want to be bothered by them or they dont want to admit they are struggling.

And for people who have never suffered before it can be scary.
Also some people refuse to try anti-depressants or therapy and that makes their struggle harder and puts pressure on their loved ones watching them suffer.
I have a sister who has been struggling for years now but is so against anti depressants it’s so hard to convince her to keep trying them. She has tried them but can’t stand that brain freeze sensation and just stops takINg them. I have suffered also in the past so I do know what it feels like to wake up every day feeling hopeless and sad but after therapy and taking anti depressants I have managed to clear the darkness. I would hate to ever feel that way again but I just don’t know how to convince her to keep trying. It’s difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hope this is allowed on this thread, it’s very personal but I thought it’d be nice to get some thoughts/advice anonymously 😊

Basically I think I’ve got depression. I’ve felt it for a while, like there’s something just not quite right in my head. I have off days so does everyone but for me, it’s more than that. The tiniest thing is enormous to me. I cry because there’s plates that need cleaning, my brain can’t cope with more than one thing, even something like booking a dentist appointment along side booking a doctor app, it’s too much for me to handle mentally. I feel like a failure, a failure in life and to my family, every day just feels like a massive struggle to me and I very much have a ‘what’s the point’ mindset. My mood swings are horrific too. That’s just a small part of what I feel. It’s not every day, some days I’m really happy, but most days I’m not. I reached out to a doctor last week for the first time and it took a lot. I haven’t yet plucked up the courage to call the phone numbers they gave me (Mind etc)

sorry it’s a bit of a ramble and possibly a bit off topic 🤣 but it’s nice to get some things off my chest as I haven’t got many close girl friends x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Hope this is allowed on this thread, it’s very personal but I thought it’d be nice to get some thoughts/advice anonymously 😊

Basically I think I’ve got depression. I’ve felt it for a while, like there’s something just not quite right in my head. I have off days so does everyone but for me, it’s more than that. The tiniest thing is enormous to me. I cry because there’s plates that need cleaning, my brain can’t cope with more than one thing, even something like booking a dentist appointment along side booking a doctor app, it’s too much for me to handle mentally. I feel like a failure, a failure in life and to my family, every day just feels like a massive struggle to me and I very much have a ‘what’s the point’ mindset. My mood swings are horrific too. That’s just a small part of what I feel. It’s not every day, some days I’m really happy, but most days I’m not. I reached out to a doctor last week for the first time and it took a lot. I haven’t yet plucked up the courage to call the phone numbers they gave me (Mind etc)

sorry it’s a bit of a ramble and possibly a bit off topic 🤣 but it’s nice to get some things off my chest as I haven’t got many close girl friends x
Not sure what age group you are, could it be hormonal? I started night sweats about a year ago , emotionally fine, but things were stressful at the time so took not a lot of notice, anyway, trip to gp, yup needed a mild hrt...which was great, but they stopped making it😂. On another one now, doing ok. Might be worth making an appointment.

Reactions: 13

GOod for you for reaching out to a doctor. That’s a great first step and often the hardest. You do sound like you need professional help so please follow up with your doctor especially if you don’t find the courage to call the phone numbers or if when you do, they don’t help. Don’t give up. Take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Re- insomnia, I'm lucky I don't often have times when I can't sleep but when I do I listen to a rain or beach sound podcast. There are so many out there and are mostly free. I find them so soothing and relaxing.

Reactions: 12
Not sure what age group you are, could it be hormonal? I started night sweats about a year ago , emotionally fine, but things were stressful at the time so took not a lot of notice, anyway, trip to gp, yup needed a mild hrt...which was great, but they stopped making it😂. On another one now, doing ok. Might be worth making an appointment.
I’m mid 20’s! I do think whatever it is, hormones are mixed in with it. But it’s not something that comes and goes with TOTM 🤷‍♀️ The doctor I spoke to wasn’t great, the vibe I got was that unless I’m suicidal they don’t really care 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m mid 20’s! I do think whatever it is, hormones are mixed in with it. But it’s not something that comes and goes with TOTM 🤷‍♀️ The doctor I spoke to wasn’t great, the vibe I got was that unless I’m suicidal they don’t really care 😕
Oh sweetie take no notice of that arse. I am in Ireland so not familiar with the UK services, assuming you are Uk... Is there a well woman clinic near you? Someone here might be able to advise you better. What about the nhs chatline?
Keep us in the loop🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Anti depressants arent always the answer.
Sometimes you just have to accept that you will have days where you feel like Eeyore from winnie the pooh.

I call them Eeyore days.
I just tell myself the Eeyore feeling will pass.
I allow myself no more than 2 days of it and then I kick my own arse and shift myself.

When eeyore is here, I do what I did yesterday and just look at stuff online.
The hours pass and eventually eeyore buggers off.

If you feel you do need to try tablets, remember, if you don't like them you just wean yourself off them after a minimum of 6 months.

I have found distracting myself from all the feelings you describe works best for me.

I took anti depressants some years ago and I also saw a psychologist for a year.
So I have tried both things.

What I have no experience with is insomnia.
Sorry I cant offer any help regarding that.
If I get the odd night when I cant sleep its usually because theres something on my mind that needs doing and once its done I can sleep again.
And until its done if I cant sleep I come downstairs and draw pictures or go on the computer for a bit.

But actual insomnia isnt something Ive had.
Sorry - but im sure there will be others who can help.

The main thing is that the bad feelings will pass.

When I was at school I had a crush on Roger Taylor from Queen. I read in a music paper that his favourite book was a sci fi novel called Dune.
So I got the book and read it.
It was fabulous.
In the Dune universe is a Sisterhood of women with special powers.
And throughout the book and the follow on novels in the series, the characters quote what they call the litany.
I have always found it to be useful to learn and repeat as a mantra.
In my head, I replace the word "fear" with "depression" but either works.
dune litany against fear.png

Here it is -

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.