Escape into the tea & sympathy chat room #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would maybe ask them if they are going to do it, can they do it at a set time so you know not to hang washing and can shut the windows. Not ideal by a long way... especially if they're difficult.

But then if they can get a fine for it then they shouldn't be doing it regardless (but I've turned into a right old battleaxe who'd report them anyway)

Reactions: 4
I would maybe ask them if they are going to do it, can they do it at a set time so you know not to hang washing and can shut the windows. Not ideal by a long way... especially if they're difficult.

But then if they can get a fine for it then they shouldn't be doing it regardless (but I've turned into a right old battleaxe who'd report them anyway)
So would I, apart from the fact it would be too obvious who has reported them, and then potentially cause issues for years to come.

Reactions: 4
I had a near miss with what would have been a nasty tripping accident in my room. My mother's response? Told me to stop whining and what about me with blah blah blah.

She doesn't really have bad health at all for the most part but her attitude in recent years is becoming horrendous when it comes to any time I say anything that she might get away with calling "whining"... and I really don't much.

I wish my nana was still here so I could get a hug.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a near miss with what would have been a nasty tripping accident in my room. My mother's response? Told me to stop whining and what about me with blah blah blah.

She doesn't really have bad health at all for the most part but her attitude in recent years is becoming horrendous when it comes to any time I say anything that she might get away with calling "whining"... and I really don't much.

She sounds like my MIL... god forbid anyone should think they have it worse ;)

Reactions: 2

Sorry you're having to put up with such a self absorbed person. How old is she?

Reactions: 2

Some people don’t know how lucky they are- if I had a daughter I’d fuss over her - take no notice of mother- be kind to yourself - glad you are ok

• Heart
Reactions: 3

My dad ended up in the hospital last week partially due to mum's attitude in general (no one else is sick or is allowed to rest) and because she shouted and berated him a lot that day - he skipped meals because he was upset, his electrolyte balance went out of whack and the doctors guessed that his brain just took the chance to shut down. She partially realised her fault and promised to do better. This lasted for maybe five hours.

Some people are just like that 🤦

Friend also had a conversation with her mother regarding similar behaviour as your mother's yesterday - the mom is hating having to deal with the same thing from her own mother for a few days. She refused to acknowledge that she behaves like that as well 🤦 you can imagine the frustration 😂

And we're surrounded by people who keep crying about any inconvenience in their life but tell us off for saying anything other than "I'm fine and everything is fine". They just don't want to know so they'll start saying "oh stop whining" or "don't start whining now" if we even open our mouths.

No idea what's the solution. Maybe your mum's not keeping well mentally? Or needs something constructive to occupy her? She needs to acknowledge what she's doing and resolve to do better (my mum knows what she's doing but refuses to be nicer), only then there will be a change. You could maybe grey rock her and tell her that you aren't interested in hearing her whine either - although that's a pretty nuclear option 😂

Until then, you're not alone here 🤗 Your pain, worries, fears etc are all valid, and expressing these things is good and healthy.

P.s. You fell again? Do you remember why?