Escape into the tea & sympathy chat room #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guilt

Since getting Inky whom I adore I have been feeling a bit of guilt for getting another pet after losing Zippy the way I did I don't know if anyone else has had this feeling when They get a new pet after losing a much loved pet , Its been neary two years since I lost My Boy Zippy I had Him for 12 years .

Is this a common feeling ?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guilt

Since getting Inky whom I adore I have been feeling a bit of guilt for getting another pet after losing Zippy the way I did I don't know if anyone else has had this feeling when They get a new pet after losing a much loved pet , Its been neary two years since I lost My Boy Zippy I had Him for 12 years .

Is this a common feeling ?
Very common- we lost our 15 year old one eyed shihtzu last year- my shadow🥹-
hubby has 2 big dogs that hang out with him in his workshop and I love them, I do but I don’t love them like I did my little munchkin- people keep showing me little dogs in rescues- I know there is room for a little dog to potter after me- fill the void but I just can’t commit- The right thing to do is get an animal out of a rescue, I know that but it would feel like replacing her- we have had many animals over the years but the loss of this one hurt a lot- 12 years was a long time to have your Zippy- You will never forget of course- and Inky is a different species so you can convince yourself that “technically” you didn’t replace Zippy- ( irreplaceable) but you have some left over love to pass on to Inky❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hope you’re feeling OK @Zippy2000. I posted on the H&M thread yesterday about you having to give up Inky and how sorry I was for you and then I kept waking up during the night thinking about you. As you know I am a fellow IBS sufferer and stress can make it a whole lot worse so I hope you are coping with all that is happening in your life at the moment. Take care of yourself and try to chill out as much as possible ….. oh and stick to the Fodmap diet ridgedly ….. boring I know but it does help. ❤

Thank you for checking @Doodlebug005 🥰
Just had 6th treatment.
My long hair has started shedding now and I've been told I will lose it all when they change the chemo drugs in a couple of months...despite the cold cap.
I've lost my sense of taste except for strawberries, chocolate, avocado, tomatoes and some fish. Eating is a challenge!
On sleeping tablets too. 🙄
Otherwise all good!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for checking @Doodlebug005 🥰
Just had 6th treatment.
My long hair has started shedding now and I've been told I will lose it all when they change the chemo drugs in a couple of months...despite the cold cap.
I've lost my sense of taste except for strawberries, chocolate, avocado, tomatoes and some fish. Eating is a challenge!
On sleeping tablets too. 🙄
Otherwise all good!
Sounds challenging to be honest- but glad you are keeping the bright side out- Don’t give it a second thought- take the sleeping tablets as long as you need to- you need a good nights sleep to deal with what’s going on- try those heated eyemasks they help me sleep- Hopefully your sense of taste returns soon- as nice as chocolate is I’m sure you don’t want it all the time. Really don’t know what to say about your hair☹ keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. Hope you are feeling well enough to garden thankfully the weather is behaving better- The slugs/snails did for my lettuce overnight- went searching today and flung the ones I found into the field next door with the dogs tennis ball launcher🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just pegged the washing out.... full line, first time this spring... put the last item on and the whole bleeping thing collapsed. Honestly feels like a metaphor for my life right now.

Firmly at the end of my washing line tether with all sorts of crap being flung at me from different directions. Is this what being 50 is like because I'd quite like to rewind to 49 please.

Oh and my tomato seedlings have all bit the dust because it's gone from stupidly cold to stupidly hot. Next time I pass Aldi I'll just by some ready to go tomato plants instead <mutters>

(I'll be OK I just needed a whinge).

• Heart
Just pegged the washing out.... full line, first time this spring... put the last item on and the whole bleeping thing collapsed. Honestly feels like a metaphor for my life right now.

Firmly at the end of my washing line tether with all sorts of crap being flung at me from different directions. Is this what being 50 is like because I'd quite like to rewind to 49 please.

Oh and my tomato seedlings have all bit the dust because it's gone from stupidly cold to stupidly hot. Next time I pass Aldi I'll just by some ready to go tomato plants instead <mutters>

At least when you look in the mirror, you don’t look like the child catcher! 😘

• Haha
  • Heart

sometimes it feels like everything goes wrong and you want to shake your fist and shout 'Of FFS is there anything else????' at God or the Universe or whoever the feck it is that decides this tit.

All you can do is tell yourself it will pass.

And it will.

In the meantime you've got us to let off steam with and have a laugh in the Hazbeen and Megziznutz thread.

• Heart
Thanks both, I've been and met a friend for a cuppa and just generally had a long hard moan at all the tit going on.

This too shall pass and if in doubt take the piss out of H&M ;)

• Heart
Thanks both, I've been and met a friend for a cuppa and just generally had a long hard moan at all the tit going on.

This too shall pass and if in doubt take the piss out of H&M ;)

I just had a ham and cheese sandwich cooked in an air fryer. YUM.
And if that wasnt yum enough, I had TWO Tunnocks caramel wafers.

So there.

• Haha
I just had a ham and cheese sandwich cooked in an air fryer. YUM.
And if that wasnt yum enough, I had TWO Tunnocks caramel wafers.

So there.
Ooh sounds lovely! I am on a low carb health kick at the minute- bread I miss a bit- the sandwich sounds delicious! Airfryers are genius! I make scones in mine- 11 minutes- omg- also can make the tiniest sponge cake… do you
see why I’m on a diet 🤭 oh I love tunnocks … now I want one ( packet)🤭

@DanDanTheIceCreamMan - the clothes line was the universes way of saying not to do the laundry😝
unfortunate timing that line snapped- we all snap eventually🤪 … sorry to hear you are going through a few things at the moment- hoping all will be well soon🙏

• Heart
Laundry avoidance tactics part 2.

I've just bought a jetsprayer for cleaning patio slabs etc. Rigged it up - instructions were rubbish, so found a bloke on youtube demonstrating it.
I'm going to attempt to use it today.

I have laundry to do, but I'm told these jetspray gadgets splatter crap everywhere, so, obvs, I can't hang out any washing.
So the dirty laundry must wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Laundry avoidance tactics part 2.

I've just bought a jetsprayer for cleaning patio slabs etc. Rigged it up - instructions were rubbish, so found a bloke on youtube demonstrating it.
I'm going to attempt to use it today.

I have laundry to do, but I'm told these jetspray gadgets splatter crap everywhere, so, obvs, I can't hang out any washing.
So the dirty laundry must wait.
Have you seen the attachment that goes on the wand- like an upside down bowl- sorry don’t know what it’s called - it keeps the spray contained , no splatter- we have had 2, one was excellent- cleaned very well- but it eventually broke- the second🙄 Great weather for outside jobs👍
IMG_5146.jpeg

Very tired today- out in garden very late- We were lucky to see the Northern Lights- very grateful 🙂

Have you seen the attachment that goes on the want - like an upside down bowl- sorry don’t know what it’s called - it keeps the spray contained , no splatter- we have had 2, one was excellent- cleaned very well- but it eventually broke- the second🙄
View attachment 2928630

Very tired today- out in garden very late- We were lucky to see the Northern Lights- very grateful 🙂
I've got one of those, but I thought it did a better job without it. I need to clean the patio, so I might give it another go.

Didn't see the Northern Lights and we had an early start yesterday and went to bed, as I wasn't sure about the time and I was knackered! But they're supposed to be around again tonight, so I'll try and stay up long enough!

Have you seen the attachment that goes on the wand- like an upside down bowl- sorry don’t know what it’s called - it keeps the spray contained , no splatter- we have had 2, one was excellent- cleaned very well- but it eventually broke- the second🙄 Great weather for outside jobs👍
View attachment 2928630

Yes!!! I have spotted this dome thingy.
I ordered one yesterday. It's on its way.

My laundry is done and out to dry today.
I will spray more slabs when the gadget arrives.

• Heart
I've got one of those, but I thought it did a better job without it. I need to clean the patio, so I might give it another go.

Didn't see the Northern Lights and went to bed, as I wasn't sure about the time and I was knackered! But they're supposed to be around again tonight, so I'll try and stay up long enough!
We went out around 11- sky was purple ish - my sister lives about 15 miles away- her sky was red - so I tried to take a picture - the secret to see them it seems is to look through the phone camera- they appeared like magic😲 - later on it got a bit easier to see them with the naked eye-
Good luck with the powerwashing- a bit slow but worth it!
IMG_5124.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Successfully installed a new washing line (assuming the knots hold)...

Missed the northern lights last night, lots of photos on FB so we were clearly surrounded by them but I was oblivious lol

Apologies, @Zippy2000, I'd typed out a reply to you a couple of times, but neither felt really right, especially since you'd had the allergic reaction.

The guilt is I guess normal. You'd probably feel the same way about a human being you've loved.

I have a different approach, because I'm used to most people I love and care about leaving me. Whether they actually ever cared about me or were just faking it to get whatever they wanted (that has been true in most cases). But then I've always had someone new come in their place, even if they later leave 😂 If I let myself feel guilty about loving the next person, I'd just be robbing myself, because even if it's for a day or year, they're making me feel good too.

With the dogs I know that their love was genuine, and I haven't truly felt them be gone. They're definitely a part of me still, in how I behave and love. And I feel them like a comforting, protective presence. They send me signs when I need them.

Any guilt I feel just stems from not doing more. Not being more present (school and stuff got in the way), scolding them for something or the other (mischievous lot, all of mine), not giving them more (material comforts, though I've always gone above and beyond budget etc).

And the only negativity around getting a new dog was the same as being around a new human - trying to close off my heart a bit so it wouldn't hurt so bad this time. Of course that's a stupid thought where animals/birds are concerned because they're here for such a short time and they love with their whole hearts so deserve that back too. And they'll take it from you whether you want to or not 😂
One thing is 100% sure. That our animals/birds would want us to always love and be loved wholeheartedly. Even if they were jealous and possessive AHs when they were with us 😂 I don't think my first would have sent us the next one otherwise. Or the one they sent to us after that. Or the Pup. God knows what someone else might have done to him, but we're what he needs and he is what we needed, even if it results in some blood being drawn every other day!

It is also 100% okay to let go if you realise that a pairing is not a good fit. Our dogs literally chose us. The second one didn't and he was very angry about being sent to us (his owner basically lied and kicked him out too young), so it took us all a lot of time and patience to become a family. Maybe if we hadn't been grieving the first guy and so desperate for another, we couldn't have done it. Same with the Pup. Love at first sight but almost every day is a challenge sometimes. Difference is that we are three people, so there's always someone to take care of him or a specific need of his when others can't. And I also got a job just in time otherwise we would have had to give him up. I honestly didn't even want to bring a pup home because I was severely depressed and knew I couldn't take care of one, and I knew my parents wouldn't. They do a few things, but there are so many things that I have to pick up the slack on.

So it's okay either way. Have a pet, don't have a pet, rehome a pet because you can't care for them the way you would like to/they need, that's actually pretty selfless. If anyone gives you shite for it, they're the crappy ones.

And also, allergies can develop suddenly due to illnesses or stress or reactions to vaccines etc (mum's Caeliac developed as an adult that's why it couldn't be diagnosed for more than a decade - docs here were used to it being a paediatric disease), you had no way of knowing before you got Inky.

I'm still debating posting this in case it just randomly brings up your pain. Maybe I'll put it in a spoiler and you can read it when you need to?

Nothing major going on nowadays, except for mum narc-ing as usual and dealing with the fallout of everything that has been happening, on top of being sick and things being hectic at work while we enter a heatwave (can't tolerate these). Got one of my taxation forms from office today and it just made me so angry because I wouldn't have had to pay any tax this year (salary was well within limit) if not for my bloody relatives who are still enjoying investments in my name (no way to remove them unless I go the legal route, which mum agrees to then backs out). Makes me angrier because thanks to them my income goes up into a might higher tax bracket so the tax I have to pay is also much higher than I'd have had to, even if my salary had been high enough to be taxed.

I'd saved up these last couple of months so I could spend a bit on equipment for the new medium I'm working with. Have had a couple of carts ready to go for the last almost two months, but I'm so hesitant to checkout. A few good designs went out of stock while I was waiting and I could have used this time for crafting (missed Mother's Day sales and am all itchy from not crafting), but I've got this massive mental block that it's a huge amount, I've not earned much from my art anyway, we could use the money for something else (many things around the house/for parents) etc.

Mum says I should start being selfish, it's my earnings etc, but at the same time she not-so-subtly guilts me for spending money/not amping up her savings (which she is still pretending that she doesn't have). If I put the money in my savings, I know she'll find a way to take it from me, so I might as well invest it in my hobby. Or I could buy a new (budget) smartphone since both of mine are old and don't work that well, but they work enough. I'm hoping to hold off on that until my taxes are done (in July).

I'm just very up in my head, and I guess I need someone to tell me to pull the trigger 😂 if only I had a guarantee that I would sell something! Even an astrology-based prediction 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1