Escape into the tea & sympathy chat room #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread here

where we discussed things that are ailing us or worrying us and where we tried to support and help each other without derailing the threads we usually post in.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks for new thread! @Miscanthus the polytunnel is hardcore😜 My 2 cats sleep in there at night- my clotheshorse resides in there and sometimes I do the ironing in there🤣 oh ya there is a stand with seed trays on it! We had to move it onto concrete when we were having the garden drainage done and I liked it in it’s new home - not working to it’s full gardening potential but useful all the same! Very interesting about the shingles vaccine- hopefully next dose will be less irritating 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for the new thread, @Chita!

@Happy Lady, I was typing out a response to your post in the long thread but my phone shut down so I fell asleep and the thread was done by the time I woke up 😂 Apologies for the late reply - I've been quite exhausted with anxiety levels running very high since mum's been shouting a lot. Was trying to block it all out for a bit, not that it really worked 😂

There are no practical solutions, at least not ones that I can execute right now (legalities, need mum's consent since they're her relatives etc), so someone listening and being kind and positive, like you all here, is the biggest help that I can get right now 🤗❤😘 So you definitely helped ❤

As far as cultural differences go, that is just an abuser tactic to groom their targets/victims. I've read of even worse stuff being done to people, especially women, across cultures and countries, and there are good people, or at least non-daughter-hating ones too here. I won the lottery on both sides of "family" 😂

Probably why I have the best dogs though - it's pretty amazing as far as compensation goes ❤

Quite validating, by the way, that you also used the same terms I use to describe what's going on.

@Miscanthus, sorry to hear about your aches and the craft show and the spots. Wish I could have sent you some cooling sandalwood powder!

Could you maybe get some sort of a cooling gel, preferably aloe vera (if you're not allergic to it)? I can't use aloe gel (even though I have a balcony full of the plants), so I get this huge tube of gel from Vaseline that I use as a cold compress alternative especially during vaccine-induced fevers which are going to run their course either way. It does help reduce the discomfort (and the risks associated with high fever).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you for the new thread, @Chita!

@Happy Lady, I was typing out a response to your post in the long thread but my phone shut down so I fell asleep and the thread was done by the time I woke up 😂 Apologies for the late reply - I've been quite exhausted with anxiety levels running very high since mum's been shouting a lot. Was trying to block it all out for a bit, not that it really worked 😂

There are no practical solutions, at least not ones that I can execute right now (legalities, need mum's consent since they're her relatives etc), so someone listening and being kind and positive, like you all here, is the biggest help that I can get right now 🤗❤😘 So you definitely helped ❤

As far as cultural differences go, that is just an abuser tactic to groom their targets/victims. I've read of even worse stuff being done to people, especially women, across cultures and countries, and there are good people, or at least non-daughter-hating ones too here. I won the lottery on both sides of "family" 😂

Probably why I have the best dogs though - it's pretty amazing as far as compensation goes ❤

Quite validating, by the way, that you also used the same terms I use to describe what's going on.

@Miscanthus, sorry to hear about your aches and the craft show and the spots. Wish I could have sent you some cooling sandalwood powder!

Could you maybe get some sort of a cooling gel, preferably aloe vera (if you're not allergic to it)? I can't use aloe gel (even though I have a balcony full of the plants), so I get this huge tube of gel from Vaseline that I use as a cold compress alternative especially during vaccine-induced fevers which are going to run their course either way. It does help reduce the discomfort (and the risks associated with high fever).
Thank you. I'm through the vaccine side-effects but not looking forward to part 2 of it in 2 months!
The main problem is going from a seemingly healthy person with good skin and thick hair, who never took medication, to having a bathroom full of tablets, having to inject myself, having spots, gaining weight and anticipating losing a lot/most of hair - and that's the 'cure'. 🤪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Thank you. I'm through the vaccine side-effects but not looking forward to part 2 of it in 2 months!
The main problem is going from a seemingly healthy person with good skin and thick hair, who never took medication, to having a bathroom full of tablets, having to inject myself, having spots, gaining weight and anticipating losing a lot/most of hair - and that's the 'cure'. 🤪

🤗

That really is the most difficult part of developing an illness/getting diagnosed.

I haven't known much better (chronic bronchitis etc passed down from dad's side), although I did use to have less severe symptoms pre-Covid, so seeing many others my age live and enjoy life far more effortlessly (at least in terms of energy levels and not having to take so many precautions) makes me feel upset sometimes - a bit envious, wistful, guilty for not doing or being "better".

I can imagine how much worse it would be to go from being healthy to this unwell.

A silver lining? We have access to good healthcare and drugs etc. Although I do think they had the better idea in the olden days when they treated cough with opium or cocaine 😉

• Heart
Thanks for new thread! @Miscanthus the polytunnel is hardcore😜 My 2 cats sleep in there at night- my clotheshorse resides in there and sometimes I do the ironing in there🤣 oh ya there is a stand with seed trays on it! We had to move it onto concrete when we were having the garden drainage done and I liked it in it’s new home - not working to it’s full gardening potential but useful all the same! Very interesting about the shingles vaccine- hopefully next dose will be less irritating 🤞
I'd love a polytunnel... I did at one point have a very nice (cheap plastic) greenhouse that was set up really well, but the neighbours accidentally set fire to it and the fence and I've never really bothered with one after that (Mr neighbour was genuinely mortified and we were adequately compensated). We were very zen about it at the time (it was very close to the house and we were VERY lucky) but I do miss my good trowel and kneeling pad that were in it at the time.

My seed trays are currently sat on the kitchen table getting sunlight thru the patio doors... I'd love one of those proper posh wooden framed greenhouses like Monty Don has, but then I'd quite like his garden too ;)

@ChaoticArtist talking of the good drugs ;) I've had morphine once, it really is the business :ROFLMAO: I totally get why it's addictive 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
I'd love a polytunnel... I did at one point have a very nice (cheap plastic) greenhouse that was set up really well, but the neighbours accidentally set fire to it and the fence and I've never really bothered with one after that (Mr neighbour was genuinely mortified and we were adequately compensated). We were very zen about it at the time (it was very close to the house and we were VERY lucky) but I do miss my good trowel and kneeling pad that were in it at the time.

My seed trays are currently sat on the kitchen table getting sunlight thru the patio doors... I'd love one of those proper posh wooden framed greenhouses like Monty Don has, but then I'd quite like his garden too ;)

@ChaoticArtist talking of the good drugs ;) I've had morphine once, it really is the business :ROFLMAO: I totally get why it's addictive 😁

You reminded me to watch Knives Out again 😂 "the good stuff"! 😂 House made me quite curious about ketamine 😂 Although vodka and my anti-histamines (separately!) are the closest I can get to that sort of happiness 😂 How can I beat Coleridge with just vodka?! And no, unfortunately, I couldn't just answer Lit. exam questions about why he wrote what he did with "because he was high". I asked 😋

I wish I could get one of those prefab polyhouses too. It gets extremely windy here though (cyclonic winds that took someone's air conditioner a few months ago) and my neighbours have extremely sticky fingers - they'll even steal all the soil from my containers because they know I use the good stuff (potting soil from really good brands, organic fertilisers, etc), and because I grow from seed/let stuff like chrysanthemums and poppies reseed, so the containers always have a tonne of seeds.

Had thought of erecting some sort of half-tent, but the bloody neighbourhood pigeons will turn it into their toilet/makeout spot/dining room. They've already eaten almost all of the portulaca mum was growing, but not the stuff that was growing as weed 😤

Typing this from my terrace, where I'm enjoying the smell of wet earth and freshly-watered plants (Fenugreek is dominant tonight) relative quiet, bird calls, the sunset and the call for evening prayers from a nearby mosque ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello Everyone thought I would pop in and show of My New Kitten it is called Inky and not sure if it's a boy or Girl yet what I can say Inky is a little tearaway with bundles of energy and sharp claws not bad for an 8 week old Inky is currently on my back playing with my ponytail
438222031_10161629404359571_9067339770363069605_n.jpg
438197764_10161629410604571_2585418073040276616_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yup and they are sharp lol am already covered in scratches

We're marked as their territory ❤ My three dogs left single (accidental) marks on me, but this one puts a few new ones every other day - mostly not accidentally 😂 I say that it's because the other three belonged to me and I belong to this one ❤

Ope you've got some nice antiseptic ointment though - some of the scratches might need a bit of attention. There's one on my face (he did it just before an office party in December) that still hasn't healed and keeps getting infected.

Reactions: 1
Hello Everyone thought I would pop in and show of My New Kitten it is called Inky and not sure if it's a boy or Girl yet what I can say Inky is a little tearaway with bundles of energy and sharp claws not bad for an 8 week old Inky is currently on my back playing with my ponytail View attachment 2887618View attachment 2887619
So cute.
I have read black cats and kittens are the least likely to be adopted due to superstitious beliefs.

• Sad
Hello Everyone thought I would pop in and show of My New Kitten it is called Inky and not sure if it's a boy or Girl yet what I can say Inky is a little tearaway with bundles of energy and sharp claws not bad for an 8 week old Inky is currently on my back playing with my ponytail View attachment 2887618View attachment 2887619
Congrats @Zippy2000 on the arrival of your new “boss” 🤣🤣 - an absolute beauty!! Fun times ahead! Last year Hubby found a tiny kitten playing with a leaf - it was in a non residential area so looks like she was dumped- he brought her home - vet checked her the following day no chip and she was actually too young to have been taken from her mum so we had her on cat milk for a few weeks- she’s a smasher and she rules the roost here. A tip my brother gave me was to put cat treats in a little tupperwear box and hide - shake the box and when kitty comes give her a treat- it is a godsend - if she is out and hears the rattle of the box she ( mostly) comes running- useful in case your Inky goes for an adventure ( the buggers are fast as lightning at getting out the door)!

@Miscanthus how are you feeling🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Congrats @Zippy2000 on the arrival of your new “boss” 🤣🤣 - an absolute beauty!! Fun times ahead! Last year Hubby found a tiny kitten playing with a leaf - it was in a non residential area so looks like she was dumped- he brought her home - vet checked her the following day no chip and she was actually too young to have been taken from her mum so we had her on cat milk for a few weeks- she’s a smasher and she rules the roost here. A tip my brother gave me was to put cat treats in a little tupperwear box and hide - shake the box and when kitty comes give her a treat- it is a godsend - if she is out and hears the rattle of the box she ( mostly) comes running- useful in case your Inky goes for an adventure ( the buggers are fast as lightning at getting out the door)!

Thank you so much for asking @Doodlebug005
I'm on the second round (each round is 3 weeks) so 4 down. For some reason I've gone from ravenous (thanks steroids) to nauseous overnight and my taste buds seem to have died! The docs seem happy how I'm tolerating everything though. My mental health is not so good but I've now got (a v short course of ) sleeping tablets to try and get through the night and I'm now waking at 5 or 6am. It was that or a shrink! 🤪

• Heart
Thank you so much for asking @Doodlebug005
I'm on the second round (each round is 3 weeks) so 4 down. For some reason I've gone from ravenous (thanks steroids) to nauseous overnight and my taste buds seem to have died! The docs seem happy how I'm tolerating everything though. My mental health is not so good but I've now got (a v short course of ) sleeping tablets to try and get through the night and I'm now waking at 5 or 6am. It was that or a shrink! 🤪
Great to hear it’s going ok - hopefully the nausea will settle- stock a variety of your fav food in case you get tempted🙏 Thankfully the weather is improving- have you been gardening? Hope the old mental health improves… lots of positive thinking- the sleep sounds app has nice meditations - also I find these a great stress buster they are on amazon - steam eyemasks - they get warm- lovely and sooting - there are expensive varieties but i find these are as good for half the price!
IMG_5023.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Great to hear it’s going ok - hopefully the nausea will settle- stock a variety of your fav food in case you get tempted🙏 Thankfully the weather is improving- have you been gardening? Hope the old mental health improves… lots of positive thinking- the sleep sounds app has nice meditations - also I find these a great stress buster they are on amazon - steam eyemasks - they get warm- lovely and sooting - there are expensive varieties but i find these are as good for half the price!
View attachment 2892748
Thank you xx. I would never have thought of these. Yes, I've been digging in the garden every chance I get but got very tired at the weekend. It seems to be the immunotherapy + chemo that takes its toll. The chemo only weeks seem ok.
I think I said I'm renovating a house so I have plenty to do inside too. Felt more energetic today so I've been painting a bedroom! I feel better when I'm productive 😁

• Heart

Inky is currently in her/his pen as started de worming yesterday and now has an upset tummy so keeping a close eye on her/him ,

Inky is a tearaway super fast with endless energy going to get her/him micrchipped next week

• Heart
Reactions: 6