Escape into the tea & sympathy chat room #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Firstly, I am extremely grateful to have a dentist in the first place so part of me feels ashamed of having a little grumble but...

Earlier this year I had a really nasty fall and landed smack on my face. It transpired some time later that this had caused enough damage to one of my top front teeth that I needed root canal and crown surgeries to fix it.

Again, I'm really grateful that I'm able to have the treatment I need but today is my third surgery in two weeks and... it is kind of exhausting and mentally draining too.

Mainly I'm just furious at myself for falling over like that. It's never happened in my life. One minute up, next down. It was traumatic as I also injured my hands and couldn't use them properly for weeks, and hurt one of my feet as well and had a limp for a while. I'm still very shaken about what heppened even though I'm better and some time has passed.

I really hope nothing like that ever happens to me again.

Sorry to hear about your fall and the surgeries 🤗 Been having some dental troubles myself lately with my dentists travelling abroad at the moment, so I can empathise. My friend who's a dentist in another city has been both scaring and reassuring me so that's very dentist-ic of her 😂 I ask her sometimes if dentists really enjoy the fearsome reputation shared by them and their field. She sends me a 😉 back.

This stuff is definitely exhausting though. The upside is that it will be over soon. Hang in there 🤗

How did you fall though? Tripped over something or was it a random fall?

@Doodlebug005, praying for peace for you 😘

@DanDanTheIceCreamMan, that's a gorgeous rose! ❤ And great news about the all clear! ✨🥂

I'm not sure if I'd mentioned this, but my third surprise zinnia turned out to have beautiful deeper pink flowers. Only thing is that the heatwaves are back and we have been told not to expect any abatement or rain before June 28. So that's about 14 days of trying to keep myself and my plants watered and relatively alive, especially around our thieving neighbours (can you imagine they stole the covers off our water tanks?!!) 😂

Completed one year in this job, mum brings the drama every day - that's expected, otherwise things are thankfully mostly peaceful. Some not so ideal stuff going on, but the cricket world cup has always been great therapy/coping mechanism, and I've slowly started crafting again. Work's also picking up pace and I've been able to help my teammates here and there so that's a nice feeling.

Some days it's such a struggle to be grateful and cheerful, but as long as I can be the former the majority of the time, I think that works. 🤞

Time to go boil myself take a shower.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How did you fall though? Tripped over something or was it a random fall?
I honestly don't know! I was on my face on the floor before I realised what had even happened, it's why I'm still so spooked by it months later. No dizziness before hand or anything.

If my GP surgery still saw patients, I'd have gone and got checked out but there's no point. I have healed up okay, thankfully, it was just the tooth thing that needed intervention.

Am home now and feeling okay. Knackered but otherwise not too bad. Going to have a nap and then watch some favourite films later. I appreciate your undertanding, I think any sort of surgery for any reason is just an ugh thing when it is looming in your future.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Firstly, I am extremely grateful to have a dentist in the first place so part of me feels ashamed of having a little grumble but...

Earlier this year I had a really nasty fall and landed smack on my face. It transpired some time later that this had caused enough damage to one of my top front teeth that I needed root canal and crown surgeries to fix it.

Again, I'm really grateful that I'm able to have the treatment I need but today is my third surgery in two weeks and... it is kind of exhausting and mentally draining too.

Mainly I'm just furious at myself for falling over like that. It's never happened in my life. One minute up, next down. It was traumatic as I also injured my hands and couldn't use them properly for weeks, and hurt one of my feet as well and had a limp for a while. I'm still very shaken about what heppened even though I'm better and some time has passed.

I know what you mean about mentally draining and it's so frustrating when this stuff just comes out of nowhere. 3 surgeries in 2 weeks IS so much (and root canals scare the crap out of me!). You can absolutely grumble as much as you like ❤

@ChaoticArtist I think you have all the weather ATM, it's freezing here right now which for June is so weird. The Zinnias sound wonderful, I haven't had to water much at all yet (which is just as well because my heart hasn't really been in it this year).

• Heart

Glad you're ok and being treated. I know a couple of people who have damaged their teeth in accidents and basically been told to get on with it!

• Heart
Glad you're ok and being treated. I know a couple of people who have damaged their teeth in accidents and basically been told to get on with it!
It does make me feel very relieved even while finding the process draining. What's happened to dental care in this country is beyond outrageous and I do think in days past people would have taken to the streets over it. I wish they would now, it's such an important aspect of health.

I'm feeling much better now my treatment is over, anyway. Just had a bit of a tantrum because it was wearing me out.

• Heart
Well the peace didn't last long. Mum went on an hours-long rampage and now dad's in a crisis state. I think we nearly lost him tonight. It's still many hours to morning. If she doesn't get a wake-up call now, she never will.

@DanDanTheIceCreamMan, I would be very happy to send this weather to whoever wants it. Trouble is that it's refusing to go.

I've been reading up, or trying to, considering the lack of localised and understandable resources, on the reasons and mechanisms affecting the prevailing weather. I'm still of a mind to sacrifice someone. In some villages, they still sacrifice a beloved doll of a child (in lieu of the child herself) so it would rain. I've heard it works and there are lots of crotch-goblins running around my neighbourhood. Except it might actually make the deities angry to have such rude kids offered to them.

I need to take a nap now - was trying to prevent the Pup getting heatstroke (all the ACs have given up) all night, then dad disappeared after locking us inside the house with no other way out, and came back all disoriented so now we're keeping a constant eye on him, and I have to finish a tonne of office work and might have client meetings/internal reviews that I'll have to be fully awake for (I'm usually the only one apart from my boss who has to be) today. Can't even take the day off 🤦

I can literally feel waves of heat washing over me. Would have killed for this in winters 😂

@lilyannrose, take care 🤗

• Heart
Thank you for the wishes. Still in the hospital waiting for him to be shifted from Emergency to the ICU. MRI etc are clear. There's a potential cause but the docs are worried that it shouldn't have caused such a bad situation. My mum's cousin, her daughter (the helpful cousin I often mention) and son-in-law are with me and handling most things for me. Just so grateful.

• Heart
Just posted this in wrong thread🫣

What would you guys do in this situation…
Newish neighbours ( approaching a year)have no bins- they have taken to burning rubbish in their back garden- choking us and the elderly neighbour the other side with thick smoke on a few occasions- reporting them is not an option as it will either be the elderly neighbour or us- in rural setting we are their nearest neighbours- it annoys the hell out of me that they don’t pay for bins- we are about a mile from town- plenty of recycling options there- also the bin collection comes every second friday- the neighbour can be a bit abrupt - how would you tackle it?

Just posted this in wrong thread🫣

What would you guys do in this situation…
Newish neighbours ( approaching a year)have no bins- they have taken to burning rubbish in their back garden- choking us and the elderly neighbour the other side with thick smoke on a few occasions- reporting them is not an option as it will either be the elderly neighbour or us- in rural setting we are their nearest neighbours- it annoys the hell out of me that they don’t pay for bins- we are about a mile from town- plenty of recycling options there- also the bin collection comes every second friday- the neighbour can be a bit abrupt - how would you tackle it?
Don't you get wheelie bins as standard and then pay extra for garden waste?

Don't you get wheelie bins as standard and then pay extra for garden waste?
No not in Ireland - it’s up to each household to get a bin or not - €300ish a year for a recycling bin and a non recycling bin- we only have private bin collectors no council bins anymore- no one collects garden waste- i have compost bin so not an issue - there are massive bins in various places- i think it is €10 per black bag of waste- we also have a deposit return scheme on plastic bottles - and we can recycle glass free at recycling points.

Last edited:
No not in Ireland - it’s up to each household to get a bin or not - €300ish a year for a recycling bin and a non recycling bin- we only have private bin collectors no council bins anymore- no one collects garden waste- i have compost bin so not an issue - there are massive bins in various places- i think it is €10 per black bag of waste- we also have a deposit return scheme on plastic bottles - and we can recycle glass free at recycling points.
I don't know what I'd do. Like you said, if you report them, then it will be obvious who's done it. All you can do is speak to them and they will probably ask what the hell it's got to do with you!

I don't know what I'd do. Like you said, if you report them, then it will be obvious who's done it. All you can do is speak to them and they will probably ask what the hell it's got to do with you!
Ya it is tricky- i felt for our elderly neighbour she had 2 lines of sheets/ duvet covers drying when the last fire was lit- not fair- Will see how things go- Hubby who is unwell atm says when he sees her he will let her know there is a €5,000 fine for burning rubbish🫣 - You may see a post in the future saying that I am moving 🤭

Ya it is tricky- i felt for our elderly neighbour she had 2 lines of sheets/ duvet covers drying when the last fire was lit- not fair- Will see how things go- Hubby who is unwell atm says when he sees her he will let her know there is a €5,000 fine for burning rubbish🫣 - You may see a post in the future saying that I am moving 🤭

Definitely tricky 🤔 No chance that your local council or whatever authority you have could take "suo moto" notice?

You could ask them to let you and the neighbour know when they're going to have a fire and give the neighbour's washing as an example of why it's problematic. Then you could say, and by the way, do you know there's a €5k fine and you've been told they're doing spot checks!

Or ring the Council and explain the problem, but don't give them any address details, and see what they suggest. You could do with them spot checking all 3 of you, and only finding them guilty!

You could ask them to let you and the neighbour know when they're going to have a fire and give the neighbour's washing as an example of why it's problematic. Then you could say, and by the way, do you know there's a €5k fine and you've been told they're doing spot checks!

Or ring the Council and explain the problem, but don't give them any address details, and see what they suggest. You could do with them spot checking all 3 of you, and only finding them guilty!
Good idea! Report us all!! It was quite bad last time- her own house must have been full of smoke too- hopefully she won’t do it again- am sure by the time hubby is up & about he will forget to say it to her- he is not the confrontational type anyway. I was thinking of printing off the blurb about the burning fine and sticking it in her letterbox but again she only has a house either side-

Reactions: 2