Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked Millie’s recent post about the things Jessi does for Tide so he still feels included. Two loving mums who adore their son and don’t appear to begrudge his disability at all and want to support him, and who are also extremely respectful of him and share very little about it but always do so from the child’s perspective. I believe he has a few physical delays, genuinely unsure due to their respectful approach, and definitely the two are not the same and Erin would probably roll her eyes and say how much worse it is for her and Lu, but gosh what a difference. Tide is out enjoying the park and the outdoors because of his awesome parents.

jessi and Mille are great, I seriously question if they and Erin are close at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
anybody else watching to see if any of that friendship circle share Erin’s half marathon fundraising thing? 👀

Reactions: 4
Lol, Jade’s latest post, about having choices: we don’t get to choose what cards we get dealt, but we do get to choose how we respond. Anyone think it’s a stab at Erin? I see Rachel comments enthusiastically, as do Jessie & Millie.

Reactions: 9
Lol, Jade’s latest post, about having choices: we don’t get to choose what cards we get dealt, but we do get to choose how we respond. Anyone think it’s a stab at Erin? I see Rachel comments enthusiastically, as do Jessie & Millie.
Just had a look at her page. Seems like Erin rarely likes or comments. I think it’s a definite dig at Erin. Her situation and life she makes out is the hardest of the lot. It definitely isn’t. Glad that friend group is seeing it now.

Reactions: 5
Just had a look at her page. Seems like Erin rarely likes or comments. I think it’s a definite dig at Erin. Her situation and life she makes out is the hardest of the lot. It definitely isn’t. Glad that friend group is seeing it now.
Erin rarely liked and commented on anyone's posts even when they were all best friends, unless she had an opportunity to brag that she was in on something before it was made public. Of course her friends always commented lovingly on her posts and seem to love Lu and Tom, Erin rarely gives the same back and doesn't seem to have much love for her friends children. It's all take and no give as usual.

Although I don't think Erin is one of those maternal souls who adores children. Even her own kids have to meet a certain standard. Lu didn't meet her expectations and she even refers to Tom as a potato.

Reactions: 11
Totally off topic but Erin’s approach to running training is bonkers. If she runs every single day and ups her mileage girlfriend is going to get injured and quickly.

Reactions: 3
Totally off topic but Erin’s approach to running training is bonkers. If she runs every single day and ups her mileage girlfriend is going to get injured and quickly.
glad I’m not the only one thinking that! I don’t wish failure on her but it doesn’t seem like a sensible goal tbh…

Reactions: 4
Yep running 6 out of 7 days and in only 2 weeks going from 6km to 18km run…
Madness
That’s also about a 2hour run and w driving and cool down etc that’s a lot of time needed to away from both kids who aren’t both in daycare.

Yep running 6 out of 7 days and in only 2 weeks going from 6km to 18km run…
Madness
That’s also about a 2hour run and w driving and cool down etc that’s a lot of time needed to away from both kids who aren’t both in daycare.
16kms, day off, 18km - what the hell!? This is insane!! Why didn’t she start training months ago, or set a goal for later in the year!?

Reactions: 1
16kms, day off, 18km - what the hell!? This is insane!! Why didn’t she start training months ago, or set a goal for later in the year!?
It really is insane. I can’t believe her Dad write such a ridiculous program. When she is struggling to run 5kms atm. You can’t increase distance that quickly and doing multiple long runs a week.

Reactions: 3
Having experienced actually grief and seeing the grief my 3 kids go through each day after losing their Dad. These posts of Erin’s are so gross to me. No way could I be friends with someone posting this. She has no awareness when the people she calls friends have actually had true grief and loss of losing their precious bubs.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Having experienced actually grief and seeing the grief my 3 kids go through each day after losing their Dad. These posts of Erin’s are so gross to me. No way could I be friends with someone posting this. She has no awareness when the people she calls friends have actually had true grief and loss of losing their precious bubs.
@influencerstalk, I’m so sorry.
Totally agree. I love Megan’s book. It talks about the fact it’s about people who have died. It’s about finality. Integrating loss, and understanding the complexity of feelings. Anticipatory grief is also a totally separate thing. Losing someone before they actually die is different too. Erin thinking her grief is because she was owed a “normal” child is not the same.

@influencerstalk, I’m so sorry.
Totally agree. I love Megan’s book. It talks about the fact it’s about people who have died. It’s about finality. Integrating loss, and understanding the complexity of feelings. Anticipatory grief is also a totally separate thing. Losing someone before they actually die is different too. Erin thinking her grief is because she was owed a “normal” child is not the same.
Thank you so much ❤❤. I have heard it’s a great book. Erin just interpreting it the way she is, is just so wrong. Definitely grief when a terminal diagnosis is given. I know my husband, children and I all grieved then too. But even more so when he passed 6 months later. Erin shares these things all the time and they definitely don’t apply to her situation at all. She really needs to stop “grieving” for her child who is full of life and get on with living.

• Heart
Thank you so much ❤❤. I have heard it’s a great book. Erin just interpreting it the way she is, is just so wrong. Definitely grief when a terminal diagnosis is given. I know my husband, children and I all grieved then too. But even more so when he passed 6 months later. Erin shares these things all the time and they definitely don’t apply to her situation at all. She really needs to stop “grieving” for her child who is full of life and get on with living.
I’m so grateful for this perspective. I felt hugely uncomfortable reading this post and every post Erin puts up about grief. She is allowed to be devastated by Luella’s condition, to grieve the things that Luella will not get to experience out of life, but that’s not what these posts are about. And that’s not what Erin is doing - as usual, Erin is upset for herself and the life she thought she’d have. I am just amazed at how brazenly she posts stuff like this which is so transparently about how much she hates what Luella’s condition is doing to her personally. I wish someone would call her out on it.

Reactions: 10
I’m so grateful for this perspective. I felt hugely uncomfortable reading this post and every post Erin puts up about grief. She is allowed to be devastated by Luella’s condition, to grieve the things that Luella will not get to experience out of life, but that’s not what these posts are about. And that’s not what Erin is doing - as usual, Erin is upset for herself and the life she thought she’d have. I am just amazed at how brazenly she posts stuff like this which is so transparently about how much she hates what Luella’s condition is doing to her personally. I wish someone would call her out on it.
I am glad you feel the same. Makes me feel so uncomfortable and yes she really does see her as such an inconvenience. Apart from the grief of losing my husband at such a young age. My 6 year old has ASD2 and a global development delay. His phobias and anxiety around any social activities, going to School, anything new can be exhausting at times. But he is pure joy most of the time and I love seeing the world through his eyes. Erin really needs to stop w sharing these grief posts and enjoy her little girl. I notice Lu seems so much happier w Crystal, Dave and her parents. I see a lot of ASD traits in Lu and she would definitely be feeling Erin’s resentment towards her. I can see Lu communicating even though it’s not verbal, I actually think she communicates very well. It really is heartbreaking x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am glad you feel the same. Makes me feel so uncomfortable and yes she really does see her as such an inconvenience. Apart from the grief of losing my husband at such a young age. My 6 year old has ASD2 and a global development delay. His phobias and anxiety around any social activities, going to School, anything new can be exhausting at times. But he is pure joy most of the time and I love seeing the world through his eyes. Erin really needs to stop w sharing these grief posts and enjoy her little girl. I notice Lu seems so much happier w Crystal, Dave and her parents. I see a lot of ASD traits in Lu and she would definitely be feeling Erin’s resentment towards her. I can see Lu communicating even though it’s not verbal, I actually think she communicates very well. It really is heartbreaking x
This is my thought as well, esp given Lu’s obvious sensitivity to over-stimulation and the hustle and bustle of busy public places. I’ve mentioned before that I thought Erin’s constant combativeness had to be having a negative effect on Lu, that she would be absorbing Erin’s negativity and rancor like a little sponge, making her struggles even more difficult. That poor baby probably never has a moment of peace.

Reactions: 7
It really is insane. I can’t believe her Dad write such a ridiculous program. When she is struggling to run 5kms atm. You can’t increase distance that quickly and doing multiple long runs a week.
I wonder who she will rage against when she injures herself? She’s an extreme lady.

Reactions: 7
This is my thought as well, esp given Lu’s obvious sensitivity to over-stimulation and the hustle and bustle of busy public places. I’ve mentioned before that I thought Erin’s constant combativeness had to be having a negative effect on Lu, that she would be absorbing Erin’s negativity and rancor like a little sponge, making her struggles even more difficult. That poor baby probably never has a moment of peace.
Yes so many autism traits. The stimming, sensitivity to noise, crowded places, non verbal, not sure if it’s an autism thing per say but my one is also obsessed w the swing etc etc

I don’t know about anyone else.. but I’m just feeling super icky with Erin trying to do this fundraiser.
I can’t put my finger on why, but it just feels off

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.