Erin - Little.Lulu.Love #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she shared this devastating news re: lulu’s medical options or is she dragging it out?
I think the news would have been effectively she had a chance with the surgery and that window has now closed, and Erin has to deal with the guilt of that and probably can't face any backlash. Or maybe she doesnt know how to word it in a way that makes it seem like she isnt responsible. usually she's very quick to share negative news so it's something like this i reckon.

Reactions: 11
I snark on Erin at the best of times but I do feel for her in the latest post.

She is acknowledging that esentially it’s her fault that surgery didn’t happen and now it’s too late

Reactions: 10
I snark on Erin at the best of times but I do feel for her in the latest post.

She is acknowledging that esentially it’s her fault that surgery didn’t happen and now it’s too late
I’m so so sad for Lu and even though we saw it coming I so badly wish I was wrong.

Reactions: 8
I feel for Lu more than anything. I would feel more sorry for Erin if it wasn't the inevitable that has happened. She had all this information beforehand so it makes me angry that now she is regretting it once poor Lu can no longer have the opportunity for a different path.

It started out with Erin making a long list of excuses as to why the surgery wasn’t done, but I thought she’d deliberately postponed it? As far as I can recall? The appointment that she missed wouldn’t have changed anything.

I’m actually shocked she had the self awareness to feel guilty and blame herself. I hope she’s getting the psychological help she needs to deal with this very complex and horrible situation.
---
My heart is broken for that poor girl though 😢

I have a lot of other thoughts, but I don’t think they’re constructive for Erin to hear right now in case she’s reading this thread and nothing will change this horrible situation 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That was a really hard post to read.

i know i’ve been harsh in my comments about Erin in the past. But that’s really bleeping tough.
Anyone with a shadow of a heart would feel her words there and really feel so distressed for her- and Luella and their family. Especially poor Luella. I doubt surgery was ever going to fix it, but Erin has been looking under every rock for a magical cure that was never going to happen. Epilepsy sucks.

I have thought that She has seemed brighter since their holiday, it’s been nice to see, and it does seem genuine. The post the other day on her stories she seemed to be having a really good day with her family (and no Chrystal either!) Big for her.

Although she’s absolutely berating herself and that post is a tiny glimpse into what she must think and feel on a daily basis, i genuinely hope that now this is off the table, Erin is able - finally - to find some peace and is able to at least become comfortable and acquainted with their reality and focus on the things that they can control. for far too long she has Resisted reality and let anger and lack of control consume her. I hope now this is the final call, that she can get the proper help she needs, let this part go and focus on enjoying her beautiful daughter, who despite her huge challenges is still an incredible little human and not something to try and “fix”.

The disability community is always waiting and ready to catch parents when they need it. So i hope she has some real shifts in her perspective moving forward, because it’s the ableism and angry entitlement that isn’t well tolerated.

Life’s much better when you simply accept the (crappy) reality and get acquainted with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yeah that was heartbreaking. What a thing to live with. And live with it she will, every time she looks at Luella. I hope at the very least she can sort of surrender to the situation and stop raging against it at every turn. Try to find some joy. Otherwise it’s going to be an awful life for them all 😞

Reactions: 3
So sad. Dues it mean poor Lu is expected to go downhill very fast? Just horrific.

Reactions: 1
Erin is a Narcissist. Whole post is to gather sympathy for herself. It’s Luella who has lost that chance and her parents have had a long time to decide. Not deciding was a decision in itself. Very sad.
---
So sad. Dues it mean poor Lu is expected to go downhill very fast? Just horrific.
Yes but I think she’s already gone down based on her recent posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Erin is a Narcissist. Whole post is to gather sympathy for herself. It’s Luella who has lost that chance and her parents have had a long time to decide. Not deciding was a decision in itself. Very sad.
My thoughts exactly. Poor little Lu 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s all about Erin yet again. Woe is me. It’s all my fault. Please send me messages of love and support saying it’s not.

The only person in all of this who suffers is Luella.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Where’s her husband in all of this? I agree Erin is a narc but he still has input into his daughters life. He obviously agreed to not go ahead with the surgery as well.

The post is heartbreaking. But she always tries to throw someone under the bus everytime.. talking about medical professionals and their miscommunication then blaming herself. Maybe she has realised she had to take some onus or maybe she is garnering for sympathy.

Reactions: 7
Where’s her husband in all of this? I agree Erin is a narc but he still has input into his daughters life. He obviously agreed to not go ahead with the surgery as well.
Erin has previously said that Dave wanted to proceed with the surgery but Erin was not ready to agree to it. I recall it being quite a sore point between the two of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I don’t think Dave has any say. Erin dictates everything. Don’t think he has any mates or a social life. She had him on a tight leash. He wanted the surgery but Erin didn’t… so they went with that. Most people with epilepsy don’t know why they have it. Same as cancer etc. So not sure why she thinks you have to know that to have surgery. Also writing ‘best’ 🤦🏼‍♀️ always having a dig at someone / something.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
I have generalised epilepsy - the seizures come from multiple areas across the brain. There is no reason for it, had since I was a child and is now well controlled by medication. Mine is obviously not as severe as Lu’s, however my parents accepted my diagnosis, cared for me and life went on. No blame, no anger, and my family is happy and stable. Erin doesn’t have to live like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t think Dave has any say. Erin dictates everything. Don’t think he has any mates or a social life. She had him on a tight leash. He wanted the surgery but Erin didn’t… so they went with that. Most people with epilepsy don’t know why they have it. Same as cancer etc. So not sure why she thinks you have to know that to have surgery. Also writing ‘best’ 🤦🏼‍♀️ always having a dig at someone / something.
My partner has epilepsy, for over 10 years they can’t pinpoint it exactly. It’s a very complex disease, she’s being so unfair to the Neuros.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.