Erim Kaur #2 Aliexpress hair oil causing hair loss, daddy’s money made her a girl boss$$ d

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did not say that I personally know tons of people.

They may not be Singh or Kaur according to religion but legally there are many people who have their name and no I do not mean only muslim converts. Lilly Singh is an example of someone who has denounced her religion and publicly said she does not resonate with it anymore despite starting her channel because of it. She is not muslim, she has just denounced being a sikh publicly several years ago.
Another person that profited off of Sikhi. This is one example. Who are the 'tons'? Yes, people have Singh/Kaur in their name and may not follow Sikhi as a religion but they would have come from a Sikh background, as in their family is Sikh.

Reactions: 1
It’s just so sad we get these instances in the Sikh community where we want to support our own but people like her choose to take advantage of the communities generous nature

it's fair to say regardless of religion, if you claim to be modest in real life but are wearing revealing clothes on social media, that makes absolutely no sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
it's fair to say regardless of religion, if you claim to be modest in real life but are wearing revealing clothes on social media, that makes absolutely no sense!
I completely agree !! You don’t have to be Muslim to be modest and you don’t have to follow a religion to be modest. You can literally just be modest out of PREFERENCE.

i dont get what the issue is here... is it an issue that she has muslim followers?

as a punjabi follower, the way she dresses isn't normal in our culture either so what is there to criticise of her muslim following for following her?

Another person that profited off of Sikhi. This is one example. Who are the 'tons'? Yes, people have Singh/Kaur in their name and may not follow Sikhi as a religion but they would have come from a Sikh background, as in their family is Sikh.
also what are you trying to get at? there are definitely people who will use singh/kaur, have anand karaj, etc just because of punjabi culture, and for their parents, even if they are not sikh themselves, just to keep up appearances, it does happen we don't need to pretend it doesn't

why is everyone trying to negate one poster's experience lol i'm lost

Reactions: 2
i dont get what the issue is here... is it an issue that she has muslim followers?

as a punjabi follower, the way she dresses isn't normal in our culture either so what is there to criticise of her muslim following for following her?

also what are you trying to get at? there are definitely people who will use singh/kaur, have anand karaj, etc just because of punjabi culture, and for their parents, even if they are not sikh themselves, just to keep up appearances, it does happen we don't need to pretend it doesn't

Not once did I say this doesn't happen, of course it does. I don't agree with somebody who isn't even Sikh to comment on Sikhi and say things to suggest the names Singh/Kaur are thrown around. Parents give them to their children because it is a part of the religion.

no there’s no issue having Muslim followers, but Islam is quite strict in terms of dress. So imo any Muslim following Erim thinking she’s Muslim with the way she dresses/dances to music etc and can be manipulated by her is abit strange. The reasons why Sikhs here are confused is because she flits the line of what is appropriate and not appropriate in Sikhi, and she exploits our religion. If she was Muslim her existence on social media and how she acts is a complete disregard of the Islamic rules, so why/how can you be manipulated by someone who is so obviously not Muslim.

No one is critiquing her Muslim followers for following her but how are you saying she tricked you into thinking she was and why does it matter she’s not Muslim? It seems to come across like that’s the issue

Not once did I say this doesn't happen, of course it does. I don't agree with somebody who isn't even Sikh to comment on Sikhi and say things to suggest the names Singh/Kaur are thrown around. Parents give them to their children because it is a part of the religion.
i get where you are coming from but they really didn't seem to be suggesting that it is the case for all sikh youth. i read it as since they may have seen it happen before, that is the reason that, with all the other stuff, they were thinking she's muslim, at least before she launched her hair oil they said

i can see why someone would see her necklace and now bracelet and see her hanging around shisha lounges and collabing with mostly the make up artists and clothing stores that cater to muslim weddings would think oh she's probably muslim

In all of these posts, I refuse to believe she's manipulated her muslim followers. Like I said before, I'm sure she's always gone by 'Erim Kaur' and has always spoken about Sikhi on her stories. I don't see how you can see the things she posts and assume she's Muslim when all she does is show off her body

why does it matter she’s not Muslim?
No that's not the issue to me at all, I am just saying that was the allure. I am not saying it is wrong for her to not be muslim at all and I never would say that

If she was Muslim her existence on social media and how she acts is a complete disregard of the Islamic rules, so why/how can you be manipulated by someone who is so obviously not Muslim.
I am just saying that it wasn't obvious before she launched her hair oil. You're right that it disregards our beliefs in Islam but just like in punjabi culture, we also have many youth who choose to not be modest, who smoke shisha, some even drink which of course is very against what we believe. So we do also have people in our culture who live lifestyles like this, and that is why it did not feel obvious in the beginning.

All I am expressing is my experience and if you don't want to believe that then that is okay but there is no reason to go say I am lacking brain cells or am mad. I also never once have tried to insinuate anything about the Sikh religion, and I am not trying to disrespect the religion at all. I have only mentioned that I am muslim in regards to my own personal perspective. I have also never said that modesty is exclusive to Islam

In all of these posts, I refuse to believe she's manipulated her muslim followers. Like I said before, I'm sure she's always gone by 'Erim Kaur' and has always spoken about Sikhi on her stories. I don't see how you can see the things she posts and assume she's Muslim when all she does is show off her body
I never religiously followed her so I didn't see every single post she made, any of her live, her tweets and all of the other platforms she's on, so of course she may have mentioned it before her hair oil launch. But as someone who casually followed her I didn't see her mention it much honestly. That is just my experience. I am sorry if it was not obvious to me but I can say that this wasn't a presumption that only I held, honestly me and all of my cousins all thought she was muslim! It's just a presumption we had and that is all, I did not think at all that anyone would get offended over it and I am sorry if anyone is offended about it, that was not my intention at all but that was what the thoughts were

Reactions: 6
yes, the same way that people may have thought she was Muslim when she is not, we also believed that she was Sikh when she also does everything against Sikhi as well

so really, we all got deceived :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
yes, the same way that people may have thought she was Muslim when she is not, we also believed that she was Sikh when she also does everything against Sikhi as well

so really, we all got deceived :)
we're all on the same page here haha :)

overall it's not wrong to say she doesn't target and manipulate the brown communities. someone mentioned her dad's restaurant is also halal, so that's clearly to cater to one religion over the other. these are just examples! not trying to piss anyone off! just saying that it's not soooo far off that she has muslim followers, both guys and girls, who may have thought she was muslim for some period of time. and it's really not far off to think she tries to do stuff to attract that following. i think she would need to try to do it if she is collabing with clothing brands for muslim weddings, because of course they only want to pay an influencer who has an influence over the audience they want to be purchasing their product!

Yeah the thing is she didn’t even need to try to claim how devoted she is to Sikhi. She could have just got by like a lot of other Punjabi influencers have but Atleast they don’t pretend to be religious

It’s defo a journey to Sikhi but she’s not even showing she’s trying to follow anything

we're all on the same page here haha :)

overall it's not wrong to say she doesn't target and manipulate the brown communities. someone mentioned her dad's restaurant is also halal, so that's clearly to cater to one religion over the other. these are just examples! not trying to piss anyone off! just saying that it's not soooo far off that she has muslim followers, both guys and girls, who may have thought she was muslim for some period of time. and it's really not far off to think she tries to do stuff to attract that following. i think she would need to try to do it if she is collabing with clothing brands for muslim weddings, because of course they only want to pay an influencer who has an influence over the audience they want to be purchasing their product!
Their restaurant also sells alcohol so I guess they don’t choose any religion over another, not to piss anyone else off !! But I get what you’re saying !! They appeal to everyone, they want to be exclusive because it equals money.

Also one of the people who say they know her personally (I don't know which one because I think there are a few in here) did mention before that her dad pushes her to be modest to attract a muslim following. Again, I am not trying to offend anyone, I think you can tell that she does try to get muslim followers and no one is stupid for having once believed the false image she purposely tries to display

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Anyone else find it weird that she hates being Indian so much yet her target audience is literally ‘brown girls’ (so girls from india too) I understand the issue for Punjabis about being referred to as Indian considering the oppression they've faced but she actively and consistently promotes this hatred towards being Indian ‘I’m not Indian I’m punjabi’ and all yet in her posts she will hashtag #indian #tiktokindia just for more views and likes??? Lol. The reason thus triggers me is because she’s meant to be a ‘sister’ and yet makes me feel so bad for being Indian as if I’m part of the oppressors and a bad person for being Indian. It’s like she’s stereotyped and villainised anyone indian

And thinks she’s so elite for being Punjabi? But picks and chooses when she’s Indian and when she’s Punjabi?

The bad reviews are increasing on trust pilot and the byerim team clearly have no response. How is she even allowed to sell such a tit product.

Look at what other reviewers have to say and funny how the team are so sure that it doesn't cause hair loss like wth!!!

Funny how Dr V only talked about it once she had sales surely, a derm should be talking about a product BEFORE its launch and not after. At this rate I think she's lying about it even being approved like show us the certificate then!

Anyone else find it weird that she hates being Indian so much yet her target audience is literally ‘brown girls’ (so girls from india too) I understand the issue for Punjabis about being referred to as Indian considering the oppression they've faced but she actively and consistently promotes this hatred towards being Indian ‘I’m not Indian I’m punjabi’ and all yet in her posts she will hashtag #indian #tiktokindia just for more views and likes??? Lol. The reason thus triggers me is because she’s meant to be a ‘sister’ and yet makes me feel so bad for being Indian as if I’m part of the oppressors and a bad person for being Indian. It’s like she’s stereotyped and villainised anyone indian
OMG yes you are so right about this!! On one hand she hates being referred to as Indian, which she is anyways but oh well. Chats tit about India all the time even before the protests happened and then does "Indian bridal shoots" like wth. Fair enough if you want to be called Punjabi; in that case why not openly speak about the protests. Make your own content about it; rather than just posting quotes. But all she does is chase fame; no wonder why she has never maintained any friendships.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.