Equestrian influencers #9 Guys it’s taken me 486hrs to edit this yfood vlog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to LOTB and the working entrants for ASA, being told your in and having to book time off work which alot of places ( mine included ) isn't a short notice thing, to then be told no we don't need you or get there to be eliminated in such a short time shows how out of touch with everyday people the ASA is. Academy to me implies school / training and then graduating / failing at the end of the course .

Reactions: 9
I’m
To be fair to LOTB and the working entrants for ASA, being told your in and having to book time off work which alot of places ( mine included ) isn't a short notice thing, to then be told no we don't need you or get there to be eliminated in such a short time shows how out of touch with everyday people the ASA is. Academy to me implies school / training and then graduating / failing at the end of the course .
i was under the impression it was like a pony camp with a winner at the end

Reactions: 6
Gave in and did a free trial of H&C so I could watch more episodes! Disappointing that the first elimination happens so quickly when they've barely even done any riding so far. Not really surprised that Joanna was the first to go, she's more inexperienced/ immature than I had picked up thru Instagram
You'd think they'd give them an episode of riding and tuition before putting that to the test for the first elimination. I do think Pammy was right. As much as I do like Johanna and little Blondie we have all said through here that she cannot continue letting that pony fire around full pelt.

This is so right. It could have been it's own entire separate show. Has any of them said whether they knew it would be elimination based before they set off?

Reactions: 1
I agree. It’s not being a sore loser at all it’s about calling out big companies crappy behaviour of people. I hope to see more of it.
good for Jess. She has gone up in my estimation. Honest and also not afraid to speak out when things aren’t right.
unlike Tina, Meg , Lucy and all that bullshit they post. They basically would sell their grandmas for a free diet drink.
I’m not so sure. We only have one side of the story and what actually goes into the program is just a snippet of what happens. And I’m really not sure about Jess anymore, I just don’t believe she is 100% genuine.

Reactions: 5
I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if I was taking a horse out, after what .... 8 weeks in work after having a foal (?) to go full throttle, and it looked this bloody distressed and sad.
What?! You are joking!?! That so awful!

What?! You are joking!?! That so awful!
She re started her on the lunge 14 weeks ago, it is impossible for her to have done the correct amount of slow work before zooming around hunting 😢 and I’m sure she has a leg related injury pre foal

• Sad
Reactions: 3
She re started her on the lunge 14 weeks ago, it is impossible for her to have done the correct amount of slow work before zooming around hunting 😢 and I’m sure she has a leg related injury pre foal
wow she sounds like such a good physio I would definitely want her to treat my horses 🙄

Reactions: 2
wow she sounds like such a good physio I would definitely want her to treat my horses 🙄
She sounds perfect for RTG
“Fixes” the horse to the point that the human can ride it rather than for the horses sake and horses well-being/comfort
That mares body/hormones arnt get settled enough to be in regular light work let alone be out hunting

Such a good advertisement for her services. Is it worse if she doesn't know about rehab/gradually returning them to work as a physio.. or that she DOES know and chooses not to

I’m not so sure. We only have one side of the story and what actually goes into the program is just a snippet of what happens. And I’m really not sure about Jess anymore, I just don’t believe she is 100% genuine.
Totally agree. Just because someone’s publicly kicking up a stink doesn’t mean it’s true. I’m not saying it’s not (we’ll probably never know), but just that we don’t know the whole story. H&C aren’t exactly going to respond and publicly say their side of the story are they! I also can’t imagine it’s easy to edit down all the footage into an hour, so it’s no wonder there might seem bits missing. They’ll have a limit as to the number of episodes so will have to cut down what they can. Not easy when there’s so many riders and people in the episode! When people like Meg etc are doing their vlogs, it’s usually just focused on them - not exactly the same in terms of difficulty editing. For some reason people seem to think H&C is a massive company as well - they’re not the BBC fgs 😂

I agree the elimination aspect is a little off this year, but it’s an entertainment/TV show at the end of day. Let’s be honest, most of the people who applied probably just wanted their 5 minutes of fame and weren’t there for the learning anyway - imo Joanna’s a case in point! The right person went home. Most of those so upset about it seem to have been pre-existing Joanna fans. If someone else had gone home instead, I doubt those same people would be speaking up in the same way!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Clare Colvin and Joanna come across as total novices who over-challenge themselves and their horses at times. I stopped following Clare as couldn’t stand her pouty stories anymore. Posed nonsense!

Reactions: 5
Clare Colvin and Joanna come across as total novices who over-challenge themselves and their horses at times. I stopped following Clare as couldn’t stand her pouty stories anymore. Posed nonsense!
Couldn’t agree more, some of the things which they have said in vlogs have made me cringe 😬

Totally agree. Just because someone’s publicly kicking up a stink doesn’t mean it’s true. I’m not saying it’s not (we’ll probably never know), but just that we don’t know the whole story. H&C aren’t exactly going to respond and publicly say their side of the story are they! I also can’t imagine it’s easy to edit down all the footage into an hour, so it’s no wonder there might seem bits missing. They’ll have a limit as to the number of episodes so will have to cut down what they can. Not easy when there’s so many riders and people in the episode! When people like Meg etc are doing their vlogs, it’s usually just focused on them - not exactly the same in terms of difficulty editing. For some reason people seem to think H&C is a massive company as well - they’re not the BBC fgs 😂

I agree the elimination aspect is a little off this year, but it’s an entertainment/TV show at the end of day. Let’s be honest, most of the people who applied probably just wanted their 5 minutes of fame and weren’t there for the learning anyway - imo Joanna’s a case in point! The right person went home. Most of those so upset about it seem to have been pre-existing Joanna fans. If someone else had gone home instead, I doubt those same people would be speaking up in the same way!
Do you work for horse and country 😂😂😂

it’s not a massive company that’s for sure. Their accounts are pretty tit to be fair so maybe they need the revenue.
however basically bullying people is not fab TV then they will be in the #bekind next week.

I think we can all agree it was handled tit from start to finish no matter who got in

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is also pisses me off that you have to wait for each episode. It’s a paid for streaming service. You don’t have to wait for Netflix etc

Is also pisses me off that you have to wait for each episode. It’s a paid for streaming service. You don’t have to wait for Netflix etc

Uhh you do. Netflix usually only releases an episode once a week for some things. Same with Disney streaming.

Uhh you do. Netflix usually only releases an episode once a week for some things. Same with Disney streaming.
Oh ok 😂 I must watch everything slightly late as I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait and normal binge watch. I don’t have Disney plus

Do you work for horse and country 😂😂😂

it’s not a massive company that’s for sure. Their accounts are pretty tit to be fair so maybe they need the revenue.
however basically bullying people is not fab TV then they will be in the #bekind next week.

I think we can all agree it was handled tit from start to finish no matter who got in
🤣 no thanks! But have worked in media so have experience from that side of things. People are always so quick to judge when they don’t know the efforts that go into these things!

Reactions: 1
🤣 no thanks! But have worked in media so have experience from that side of things. People are always so quick to judge when they don’t know the efforts that go into these things!
The efforts that go into things 😂😂 they aren’t exactly doing it for charity as a gift to us are they… Subscribers pay H&C for their crap low budget service and have every right to call it out when they think it’s under par or unprofessional. The whole programme feels like a bunch of college students have pulled it together for their BTEC in media production

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.