Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

borderterrier

It does make me laugh how a few days ago you were all saying how bad Meg was at riding horses and now you're all saying how good she was with Vossi.

Think it just proves some riders just click with some horses, and not click with others. Which I think could sum up a lot of these overhorsed content creators.

Reactions: 31

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
When I’m on my death bed, I’d be devastated if a loved family member gave up the chance to have a holiday just so they could sit and wait for my inevitable demise.
Please let’s not berate the girl for taking a break at a difficult time. Life goes on and she’s been doing her fair share of caring for this relative. Perhaps he wasn’t expected to pass away so soon? Perhaps he went downhill while she was away? Or perhaps she said her goodbyes before she went so she didn’t have to be present for the inevitable. Grief and how to deal with a loved one when they dying is a very personal thing.

Reactions: 30

borderterrier

Absolutely gutted for Holly, was heartbreaking watching her vlog.

I really enjoyed Megs vlog. Dan seems like a brilliant instructor, so calm and encouraging. I have to admit though, I'm not sure the average 90 competitor could get on a totally different horse for the first time and look good. I don't like the snobbiness over riding ponies, absolutely nothing wrong with riding ponies if you're the right size. Owning a connie doesn't make you less of a rider than owning a tb.

Reactions: 25
Well that's 9 minutes of my life wasted....just watched a bit of RWCs latest vlog. Christ, why does she ride like that?!? She looks terrified of her horse and is hanging on to him so much he looks like he is cantering in front and trotting with the hind legs. Had to turn it off.
Because she goes from instructor to instructor until she finds one that doesn’t challenge the riding she believes is correct, she belittles anyone that points out she’s awful to her horse or if someone like Meg rides her horse better and correctly she just says ok, but do it my way, she’s an entitled idiot who can’t see past herself and is defensive to any improvement/learning and change
Anyone got anything to add

• Heart
Reactions: 24

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Just read her post. I only watched episode one, was she still doing well by the time they rode these horse? I wonder whether she was purposefully put on this particular horse, given that it seems to have a reputation for being hard work, to try and level the playing field a bit with regards points.

I wish people would think more about this process when they sign up for it. It’s a TV show and the number one purpose of that is to create a show that has conflict and drama, because studies have shown that’s what people enjoy watching. It’s absolutely nothing about bettering these people as horse men and women, or giving them opportunities. They are simply pawns in a bigger game and will be used and edited in whatever way to create the right content. It’s happened time and time again over the years with reality style programs and competitions.
This poor girl has found herself right in the middle of it, her confidence ruined. Pammy hams up her rudeness for the cameras, I’m fairly sure she wouldn’t speak quite that rudely to a paying customer. She is always direct, yes, but there is a difference between that and downright rudeness. Of course it will then be edited for maximum effect, so the lead up to the riders breakdown won’t be shown, so the audience are lead to believe that the rider is just having a strop.

Horse and country, if you are reading this, I don’t think this is what equestrians actually want to see. When it comes to our hobby, we are different to normal people. We love horses and we want to see normal riders progress and learn, because in them learning, we also learn. If we wanted to watch knock-out style programs with rude judges, we have plenty of other reality rubbish to watch.
I hope this poor lady gets over this experience and that anyone thinking of entering next year, because they are wanting their goody bag of LeMieux tat, thinks twice about putting themselves in the hands of a TV show.

Reactions: 23

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I don’t follow RWC, I only know about her because of seeing her discussed on here. Went and had a look at some of her videos, to get an idea of how she rides and to suss the horse out. It’s quite apparent that she kills the canter with her hands and rein in the vague attempt to get a bouncy, showjumping canter, or perhaps because she’s scared of it running off. The reality of that is the horse is behind the leg, despite what she thinks. The swishy tail and tight hind legs show a very uncomfortable horse and the rider is closed at the front and heavy on the seat. Pretty easy initial assessment and can see straight away where her problems are coming from.

So onto the vlog. The horse looked completely different with Meg on it because she let go of it’s mouth, allowed it’s frame to stretch out and jump in the way the horse feels comfortable with. Charlotte strikes me as a complete control freak, in and out of the saddle. Her instructions to Meg showed that she basically rambles off a bunch of generic ‘jumping terms’ about how she thinks it should be ridden when the reality is she has completely misjudged how that horse needs to be ridden. Her insistence for short reins and a strong, high contract is a total giveaway. The horse needs to travel forwards in a longer frame and be allowed to use its body, which Meg does well.
Charlotte ought to sit down and watch Megs footage and learn from it, because Meg got the measure of that horse quickly and rode it appropriately. All credit to her for ignoring Charlotte’s ridiculous instruction and carrying on in the way she felt was correct for the horse.
Needless to say I won’t be following RWC any time soon. She did not come across well at all and I would find it incredibly uncomfortable to watch the way she rides that horse.
I think Meg could do really well with it though, it’s very smart and she seemed to click with it.

Reactions: 23

Easypeeler

I don't follow Charlotte but my lord. The constant grating voice and shorten your reins, lift your hands up.....
I bet Meg got back in the car with Pete and Han and went fucking hell, that was bloody hard work, it's going to take me 348 hours to edit this, loved the horse- don't care if I never see or hear the rider again!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
To be fair Meg isn’t going to say you’ve ruined this horse look how better I’m riding him on video but you could tell when Charlotte was rabbiting on about how to ride him etc you could hear her just awkwardly saying “yeh” and not really listening which made me laugh 😂

Reactions: 21

JMx89

My line of work we fight for better pay and better staffing levels, we don't get it, if we posted on social media for likes and freebies, the only freebies we will accept is for the people we look after, how about these companies support worthwhile causes, that's what I'm driving at. I'd love to be gifted some stroke chairs for or have people come to units with their animals to cheer up residents, or gifted lifelike dolls for residents with dementia. These people want to make a difference and be gifted things, then they should make sure the gifting is to make someone else's life a little better esp to those nearing the end of their life
I think people are forgetting that it’s marketing and advertising, not charity work. Those are great ideas and would be lovely. Big brands should make budgets for charity work in an ideal world. But I think the point is being missed with Influencers that it’s a business deal. When an actor is walking down the red carpet in a gifted suit do you get angry that Chanel didn’t donate a suit to someone in need? Influencers don’t have to be making a difference or doing some great deed. They’re doing their job. And I think it’s a bitter pill for some to swallow because influencers are more ‘normal people’ than actors/tv ads etc.

Reactions: 20

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Someone in the comments on Megs reel has written ‘I though the horse was called Bossy’ it took all I’ve got in me not to reply ‘No, that’s the owner’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So, let me get this straight. You watch people you like, have nice things to say but choose to say hurtful words instead, just because everyone else does it and just because it's tattle???

Ha! And this is where the problem begins... whoever is being nice and mentions anything that's not downright bullying gets put down as arse licking, running back to them etc. Only people can write what bullies want to hear on here. I'm not angry, just wondering why their lives anger you lot all so much!!!!
Always entitled to opinions but my question is, why watch people you don't like, just to shut them down on here??
I honestly came on here thinking there would be credit where credit is due. Have an adult conversation about the people we all watch that relates to our hobby. Have a chat about mistakes they make etc.
Not tear someone to pieces because you don't like their face!!!!
lets be honest you didn’t come on here for the reason you stated. You too wanted to be confrontational

why do you see the need to bring people who comment on here down?
why don’t you just walk on by?
because you like to bitch too

now stop being all self righteous like you are the whole fucking origin of kindness and If you want arse kissing go to instagram

why do we watch people then comment ....... because we can Karen 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Jenievous

Chatty Member
To be fair Meg isn’t going to say you’ve ruined this horse look how better I’m riding him on video but you could tell when Charlotte was rabbiting on about how to ride him etc you could hear her just awkwardly saying “yeh” and not really listening which made me laugh 😂
I must admit I had a giggle at Charlotte repeately telling Meg to lift her hands and Meg offering a "yep" and then keeping her hands where they were

JMx89

Personally I can’t believe we’re even discussing how someone is dealing with grief. Seems a very below the belt topic regardless of which viewpoint you’re taking. Imagine someone in your family died and you saw people analysing your actions before and after their death. I think some sensitivity needs to be shown here

raiseseyebrow

Callie Coles. Child not wearing a hat, chickens not locked up as per Avian Influenza requirements 😏 she boils my piss.
She does my head in - never declares ads, hammers those horses on roads constantly, and lets her little boy yank his pony in the mouth for balance all the fucking time.
She also had a video of the kids loose while they were driving in a Series 3 Landy in the summer; those things don’t *have* safety features as standard so why would you make it even more dangerous?!

I know posh people are seemingly immune to natural consequences but her parenting verges very close to neglect a lot of the time. People wouldn’t be so gushy if she was a single mother living in a council house 🙄.

Reactions: 18

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Watching the second half of the RWC and Meg vlog. Charlotte doesn’t have a fucking clue what she is talking about. Telling Meg to steady him up when he is barely moving forward!
Jumping the oxer, his poor scrunched up neck.
Must be embarrassing to watch someone get on your horse for the first time and ride it a million times better than you do. Her logic makes no sense either. I jump small at home because I overthink, but at a show I just have to get on with it. Clearly not working when your horse frequently refuses a fence or just refuses to move at all.

It’s kind of sad when you think about it. She’s bought this fancy horse and on some level knows he’s too much for her. But rather than admit that she continues to ruin him and come up with every excuse possible to explain it.

When you’re having this many issues you need to put your pride aside and accept that maybe you and your riding is the problem. She’s clearly quite scared of him so I just don’t get the logic of buying such a high calibre horse.

And don’t get me started on her aversion to doing flatwork. If your flatwork is shit then you shouldn’t be jumping. What she needs is a push button pony that can sort itself out and go for anyone.

Does anyone know how much she bought Vossi for?

Reactions: 17
Maybe when Meg reached out to Charlotte to do a blog, charlotte got the wrong impression and thought she was asking for a lesson on how to ride like Nick Skelton

• Haha
Reactions: 17

carrotpicker

The messages I have personally seen from him were to a young girl on the livery and she was 13! Extremely inappropriate content
he changed His account details so proof was difficult to send to the authorities. I hear however on the show grapevine he still is going on with it.
again shows influencers Meg and Tina do not care who they are associated with it’s all about the cash.
He once asked a girl who was ‘modelling’ for him who was under 18 for pictures of her in her underwear to send to the brand so they can see your natural body shape! Vile! But he will still be walking around Olympia thinking he’s the billy big bollocks because he’s managed to give away some free reels because silly girls like Tina and Meg glorify him!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Last time I checked jam and Dee were over 14.2 therefore unless they have shrunk they aren’t ponies. The small horse bashing and ignorance towards owners who don’t ride 17.2 warmbloods or tbs is starting to piss me off. And I say that as a 17h massive striding horse owner!

Reactions: 16